My Ford Touch Thread - Page 226 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #2251
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I've had this issue since the V3.0.2 update and its fix is honestly the only reason I'd consider going through with the update. blarg
I have to ask how it is the car is playing music from my phone by BT but somehow the phone quadrant shows "connect a phone"! I mean really???

The good news is this morning is was working better. I did do a delayed reboot last night though. I was playing music by BT (which is the only way I listen to music, Slacker rocks) and received a call. Generally this messes up the whole music streaming thing, but this time it resumed just fine. Heck it even still had the artist and title and not just a bunch of odd characters! So I am on the bubble. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I did not have my climate control temps. I am curious how Ford will spin this mess up to the users and the press?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #2252
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
I know I'd be pretty pissed if I did not have my climate control temps.
Meh. I've only ever used the physical controls anyway. Personally, I couldn't care less if they removed that quadrant. Maybe they could replace it with someone more useful, like a picture of a kitten or something. ^_^
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #2253
red-i
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18685
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti - Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 red-i Good Standing Member
Quote:
Meh. I've only ever used the physical controls anyway. Personally, I couldn't care less if they removed that quadrant. Maybe they could replace it with someone more useful, like a picture of a kitten or something. ^_^
have to agree with you there. I never use the climate quadrant, i hardly ever use sync for climate ether. the knobs are fine.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #2254
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yeah I never use it either. I agree it could be deleted and the space used for better things. I love the kitten statement!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #2255
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I have to ask how it is the car is playing music from my phone by BT but somehow the phone quadrant shows "connect a phone"! I mean really???

I was playing music by BT (which is the only way I listen to music, Slacker rocks)
Hah, no doubt. I use Slacker more than Pandora and have for quite some time. I have seen the "connect a phone" message while everything was playing fine since I got my iPhone 5. The other thing I run into is that I get "Bluetooth audio stream detected" (or something like that) on the Ent screen when I leave BT on and leave the car to do some stuff and then return later. Weird thing is I do see song title and artist update on the home screen and see song title update in the Ent tab if I am on a different screen but every time I go back to the Ent screen, there is that box with the message.

This morning I tried to switch to another audio source and back to BT to see if it would get rid of it. It didn't. Actually, the funny thing is I tried to switch to my iPod/USB source and when I hit that button, I got a new pop-up message telling me it could not eject the disc because there was no disc in the CD player. Not sure how that was even remotely related to the fact that I hit the USB audio source button?!?
Old 09-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #2256
Tempusthales
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104155
What I Drive: 2012, Candy Blue, Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Tempusthales Good Standing Member
I updated to 3.2.2 on my focus and have the same issue with the climate showing nothing in the quadrant. Also the voice commands for climate don't work. I called Ford and they said they didn't have any info on it and I should take it to my dealer (which I am on Wednesday). Maybe everyone should call so they can fix it.

Also I asked about iOS 6 and text messaging. They said Apple implemented the MAP protocol but something is not working between the 2. MFT shows I can now send text messages but they go no where as before I was getting a messaging stating my phone didn't support it. The guy from Ford said they are working on it and testing iOS 6 and will have an announcement in October.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #2257
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:

The good news is this morning is was working better. I did do a delayed reboot last night though. I was playing music by BT (which is the only way I listen to music, Slacker rocks) and received a call. Generally this messes up the whole music streaming thing, but this time it resumed just fine. Heck it even still had the artist and title and not just a bunch of odd characters! So I am on the bubble. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I did not have my climate control temps. I am curious how Ford will spin this mess up to the users and the press?
Simple - Its capable of 2 Bluetooth connections at once. You can have 1 phone and 1 media player. (At least my gen-1 2008 can do that, I haven't tried it in the Focus but I assume its the same.)
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #2258
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
The other thing I run into is that I get "Bluetooth audio stream detected" (or something like that) on the Ent screen when I leave BT on and leave the car to do some stuff and then return later. Weird thing is I do see song title and artist update on the home screen and see song title update in the Ent tab if I am on a different screen but every time I go back to the Ent screen, there is that box with the message.
Yeah, I've seen than intermittently since my last update as well. Never saw it in v2.11. Most of the time, it's the normal BT screen with the <</Play-Pause/>> buttons... but maybe 1/3 of the time I get the "BT Audio Stream" display instead. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 09-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #2259
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Hmmm, I had never seen it until this past weekend. Never happened to me on either 2.11 or 3.0.2 using an iPhone 4 and iOS 5. Switched to an iPhone 5 w/iOS 6 this past weekend and now I see it constantly, but again, only after the car shuts down and restarts BT streaming on the next start up. If I shut down the app and relaunch it the message goes away and everything appears as it should on the Ent screen.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #2260
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Yay, just got back from some time in Florida and as soon as I plugged my Zune HD into my car it reads "USB device not supported" or some stupidness like that. Switched cords, tried rebooting the player, rebooted MFT, did the dreaded Master Reset, nothing worked. Scheduled a service appointment for tomorrow morning. The funny thing is, it recognized it right away when I first started the car, and then it said that as it was indexing and building media commands.

Bookmarks & Social Networks