Looking for a little advice. First time buyer looking at an ST - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Vorschlaghammer!
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104153
What I Drive: Ordered: 2013 oxford white focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Vorschlaghammer! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking for a little advice. First time buyer looking at an ST

Hey guys, Just found the boards here, and I've been reading a lot and learned a lot in the last few days. Was hoping I could get a little advice, because I'm about to pull the trigger, and don't want to get taken for a ride on my first new car purchase.

I've done some research, and I know what I want. The nearest dealer to me has an ST2 on the lot, with an MSRP price of 28,570. I've looked on Carsdirect.com, and it said the "target price" for the ST2 with the same options is 27,793.

I have excellent credit, and am able to get a loan through my credit union with no problems.

The car they have on the lot at the dealer near me has a moon roof, which I'm not super crazy about, so if the right price doesn't come along, I'd have no problem walking away. But knowing this, would it be feasible to have an ST ordered to the exact specs I want? I know most people put orders in months ago and are still waiting on them. Is this even a realistic option at this point in the game?

Unfortunately it's tough to get reliable pricing opinions online because the ST is so new to the market, and it seems like most of the people on here that are buying them are getting them with employee discounts that I am not eligible for.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm just looking for a bit of good info before I get fed to the sharks!

Thanks everyone!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->