2012 Focus is NOT holding value - Page 21 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #201
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
[QUOTE=B-lou;4366549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
No, we are discussing the "issues" and "complaints" as REV brought up and we simply fired back with examples from other brands.

What mistake did Ford make? It's marketing? Or it's design? It's cheap to fix one, not the other.

It doesn't help that Americans have been brainwashed by shitty automatics that trade in performance and efficiency for simply being very smooth but if the consumer isn't willing to learn about what they bought on their own I can't fault Ford for that.[/QUOTE
You want to hear about complaints just ask... the transmission was just 1 of about 10 that were never resolved again not 1 issue was ever resolved.....our dct was so bad you could not put a cup of coffee in the cup holder without fear of it be spilled from the shaking now tell me it was me or my wife just not knowing how to drive it.....I have been in the car business for 32 years so I think I know when a car has some major issues and the 2012 focus has some major issues....want to talk about steering issues???? what are you going to blame those on the weather.....B-lou
Oh of course, lets trust your expert opinion because you've been in the business for 32 years.

You also must've hated BMWs SMG, if you had even driven it.

Sequential manual gearbox. We just happen to have 2 of them put together to form a dual clutch gearbox.

If you think Fords DCT is the only one with such issues you need to add onto your "automotive" experience.

You missed the point that this isn't the only modern DCT with issues. Far from it. Even seasoned units from VW, BMW and Audi have issues.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #202
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

Points 156, Level 3
Points: 156, Level: 3 Points: 156, Level: 3 Points: 156, Level: 3
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
No, we are discussing the "issues" and "complaints" as REV brought up and we simply fired back with examples from other brands.

What mistake did Ford make? It's marketing? Or it's design? It's cheap to fix one, not the other.

It doesn't help that Americans have been brainwashed by shitty automatics that trade in performance and efficiency for simply being very smooth but if the consumer isn't willing to learn about what they bought on their own I can't fault Ford for that.
I am ok the Ford sold me a DCT and told me it was a shitty automatic. I am brainwashed American anyway and I shouldn’t be able to tell the difference right? (Kidding)
I like the DCT. I understand the why I get some of the feedback it produces. But it also does some things that just flat piss me off. If I gave you my car to drive for a week I promise you would be pissed off too! And I am not talking about just the difference between the DCT and regular slush box.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #203
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
I would like to know your automotive credentials and what makes you such an expert since you are calling me out???..B-lou
I'm not the one who threw out his experience like it mattered in the first place and I don't have anything to prove...

I've just gone outside my shell and driven multiple DCT equipped vehicles and realized that whether they push 140hp or 556hp...they are inherently similar. Hell, I even got low speed jitteriness out of a VW DSG.

I don't claim I can pick out a failure of a car like you boldly proclaimed.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #204
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 4,304, Level 41
Points: 4,304, Level: 41 Points: 4,304, Level: 41 Points: 4,304, Level: 41
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Quote:
So you are saying that you really have no idea what you are talking about just another ford fanatic defending a crap car....B-lou
So what do you do that makes you such a know it all?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #205
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
So you are saying that you really have no idea what you are talking about just another ford fanatic defending a crap car....B-lou
Yea, because when trying to argue a point it's best to start hurling abuse?

Since you asked for my credentials, what are yours? Who died and made you gatekeeper of all automotive knowledge and opinion?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #206
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

http://jalopnik.com/5945358/bmw-tell...r-cars-or-else

Hey look!

This is a real issue Focus Fanatics. A real recall.

Actually, this is a stop sale order from BMW HQ.

Even more serious than our DCT "issue".

But hey, according to FF logic, the M5 and M6 are now terrible piles of crap. Crap being the words of our automotive master B Lou

Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #207
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
I have a company that rebuilds and restores vintage formula cars from 1960 to the mid 90's with a couple cobras and scarabs thrown in the mix and I never said I was a know it all, I just know when a car has an issue and ford dct does I cannot comment on any other since the only one ever driven by me was the focus...B-lou
So your only experience is dealing with old cars that don't even have the technology that our cars have and you somehow think that

A) this makes you more knowledgeable

And

B) gives you the authority to be...an ass to others who don't spend their time rebuilding relics?

Yes, a narrow minded opinion is general the best one to have!

I own 2 DCT equipped cars so by your logic I'm far more equipped to understand and comment on the nuances of the technology.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #208
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Hah.

Seriously?

This is the leg you are standing on? Throwing out meaningless platitudes.

I haven't rebuilt a car. Ever. Yet at any rate.

Oh no call the presses. Just cause I have not ripped out an engine bay or two in suddenly not allowed to speak my mind?

You started this by claiming that somehow your limited experience with a DCT and 32 years putting relics together somehow makes your opinion worth more than any of us. Which is wrong, but I shouldn't have to point that out.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #209
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Quit putting words in my mouth...I said I have 32 years in the car business and know how things work...you have 0 expierence except just driving cars and you know how everything works and you seem to have no problem speaking your mind......B-lou
There's that arrogance.

Somehow, because you have been doing it for 32 years, makes you more knowledge than me on this topic?

You've driven ONE DCT and formed a biased opinion on it. I've OWNED 2 and driven many more, by your own logic I'm more informed about this topic.

Stop the sniping it doesn't do this thread any good anyways

Old 09-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #210
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 4,304, Level 41
Points: 4,304, Level: 41 Points: 4,304, Level: 41 Points: 4,304, Level: 41
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
There are around a million 3rd gen focus out there, and a few hundred unique transmission complaints. That is the real reason why they are losing value so fast, there are a lot of them out there.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.