Transmission Shaking To/From 1st Gear - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #91
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullwingdmc View Post
So I brought my car in to the dealer this morning to have them look at the problem. I got a call back this afternoon saying they took it for a drive and could not reproduce the problem. BULLSHIT. They said they checked for leaks and connected it to their diagnostic computers and it looked fine. They said if the problem gets worse of if I can reproduce the issue to bring it back and take them out to show them. So now I need to wait for the problem to get worse and hope it doesn't shred my transmission.

I am waiting on a call back from my ford customer service rep, this is unacceptable.
This happened to me twice as well. The only reason I think they took the car in on the third attempt was because it was shaking like crazy on every take off... and I requested the tsb for the struts to be done. You can tell your dealer that my car had the horrible grinding noise and shaking and has lead to the clutch going. (Although my car is still in the shop getting its second clutch replacement because the first didn't work.) So I can't tell you just yet if my car is fixed... but I can tell you I have been in your situation and I understand your frustration. I asked for the service manager, called ford service reps twice... it's been a long, long battle and I'm sure it isn't over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #92
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Still waiting to hear the results in the nothing but problems p2 thread jagreene, keep us posted :)
Old 09-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #93
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
This happened to me twice as well. The only reason I think they took the car in on the third attempt was because it was shaking like crazy on every take off... and I requested the tsb for the struts to be done. You can tell your dealer that my car had the horrible grinding noise and shaking and has lead to the clutch going. (Although my car is still in the shop getting its second clutch replacement because the first didn't work.) So I can't tell you just yet if my car is fixed... but I can tell you I have been in your situation and I understand your frustration. I asked for the service manager, called ford service reps twice... it's been a long, long battle and I'm sure it isn't over.
Thanks everyone, it sucks that we are in this situation.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #94
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Ironically, that's when it usually makes the grinding noise. That's why I specifically asked a tech to take a drive with me when I drop my car off this upcoming Monday. I'll make sure he hears the noise...
Haha so true! If you have an incline and it shifts you can bet it will grind for several seconds. It is embarrassing when all the students at my university are walking and my car does it for 3-5 seconds. They all look at how nice the car looks and why the hell it is making such a terrible noise!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #95
blwilson103
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77824
What I Drive: 12 sonic blue titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 blwilson103 Good Standing Member
I had this done to my car @ 13k miles. THe problem is the input shaft seals leaking on the clutch. I had all the seals replaced, new clutch, and bunch of other small parts. 1000 miles later everything is fine.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #96
damianinpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52540
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 damianinpa Good Standing Member
So, I took mine in for the shaking and thud noises when making left/right turns. Dealer told me there is a small Tranny leak with fluid hitting the clutch. TSB 11-12-13 maybe? They didn't tell me, but, I am guessing. They ordered parts and I'm bringing it back next week. My question..anyone have this TSB done and did it really fix the problem? I am skeptical. Also, I noticed my MPG/trip reset along with my Sirius set to preview channel. This makes me think they reflashed it or disconnected the battery. Still driving lousy though if they did. I can't wait until next week to see if they really fix this.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #97
FrostedG
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97068
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SFE

FF Reputation: 1 FrostedG Good Standing Member
Mine started doing this intermittantly in the last week or two. I have about 13.5K on it. Always at low speed, and low acceleration. It may be a coincidence, but it started right after the post-summer-vacation traffic got heavier, and I'm now sitting in more stop and go traffic on my 34mi commute to work. Being a long time manual tranny driver, it acts just like the car is in the wrong gear (too high) at low speed and is about to stall out. I'll call my dealership next week, but I'm not sure what they'll be able to do without it consistantly occuring.

9/24/12 Edit
Over the weekend I did the battery reset and drive cycle immediately afterwards. We'll see if it changes anything...

Last edited by FrostedG; 09-24-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #98
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedG View Post
Mine started doing this intermittantly in the last week or two. I have about 13.5K on it. Always at low speed, and low acceleration. It may be a coincidence, but it started right after the post-summer-vacation traffic got heavier, and I'm now sitting in more stop and go traffic on my 34mi commute to work. Being a long time manual tranny driver, it acts just like the car is in the wrong gear (too high) at low speed and is about to stall out. I'll call my dealership next week, but I'm not sure what they'll be able to do without it consistantly occuring.

9/24/12 Edit
Over the weekend I did the battery reset and drive cycle immediately afterwards. We'll see if it changes anything...
Hey there, FrostedG,

I want to escalate your concern to your regional Customer Service Manager. They'll get in touch with your dealer and ensure that all of your concerns are addressed. Send me a PM with your VIN, estimated mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and a daytime phone number; I'll get to work.

Thanks,
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #99
bdattilo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91198
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch Sport

FF Reputation: 1 bdattilo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianinpa View Post
So, I took mine in for the shaking and thud noises when making left/right turns. Dealer told me there is a small Tranny leak with fluid hitting the clutch. TSB 11-12-13 maybe? They didn't tell me, but, I am guessing. They ordered parts and I'm bringing it back next week. My question..anyone have this TSB done and did it really fix the problem? I am skeptical. Also, I noticed my MPG/trip reset along with my Sirius set to preview channel. This makes me think they reflashed it or disconnected the battery. Still driving lousy though if they did. I can't wait until next week to see if they really fix this.
Same thing here - was told there was a seal on the transmission that has gone bad, and the seal + the whole clutch assembly is going to get replaced. The tech said that he has done about 6 of these in the past 2 months, and has also had to replace an entire transmission on a couple.

I'll post back after the work gets done next week and let everyone know what the result is.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #100
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Pissed.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...postcount=1560

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->