In cabin Air filter 2012 Focus - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #21
DentonFocus
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89401
Location: Denton, TX
What I Drive: 2012 silver 5dr titanium

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 DentonFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Macbot, thanks for the pic. I will buy and replace today or tomorrow.
DentonFocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #22
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast
 
SydneyRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86671
Location: Guelph, ON, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

Posts: 419
FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I don't have my 2012 Ti yet but I had to replace the cabin filter on my Matrix not too long ago -- there was very little air coming out of the vents with the AC on and at first I thought the heat exchanger ha frozen over. However, after replacing the filter the AC was just fine.

Depending on how dusty it is where you drive you might go a few years or less than half a year before the filter is clogged to the point of choking off air flow...


Brian
The Matrix/Vibe one was easy! 1) Remove glovebox (1 screw involved) 2) unlatch filter door 3) remove!
I can't imagine how much the dealer is going to charge to replace the Focus air filter... And yes, they do get clogged up.
__________________
2012 Blue Candy Titanium!
Former 03 Vibe, 96 Sunfire, 90 Prelude, 87 Civic
SydneyRoo is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
scott7278
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 100021
Location: St. Louis, MO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

Posts: 901
FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyRoo View Post
The Matrix/Vibe one was easy! 1) Remove glovebox (1 screw involved) 2) unlatch filter door 3) remove!
I can't imagine how much the dealer is going to charge to replace the Focus air filter... And yes, they do get clogged up.
I'm waiting for the Fram Arm & Hammer one to come out...I was really impressed with it on my old car - and I was very surprised to see how dirty the thing was!

As for cost, the inspection is part of The Works package, so it shouldn't cost any more to replace it than the part itself. Key word "shouldn't," though.
scott7278 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #24
Faygo Focus
Focus Addict
 
Faygo Focus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85587
Location: Detroit, MI
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Ti with James Bond Pkg

Posts: 567
FF Reputation: 2 Faygo Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post
As for cost, the inspection is part of The Works package, so it shouldn't cost any more to replace it than the part itself. Key word "shouldn't," though.
Yes, I wonder how many times they have inspected it with each of the 4 Works Pkg's I have had done so far.
Faygo Focus is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
misfire
Moderator
 
misfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31379
Location: West Chester, PA
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Posts: 15,678
FF Reputation: 30 misfire Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Probably zero


Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile
__________________
Will aka Misfire
2010/2011/2012/2013 Ford Master Certified Service Advisor
2003 LX "traded in"/2010 SES "traded in"/2012 SEL Hatch "current"
misfire is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #26
scott7278
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 100021
Location: St. Louis, MO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

Posts: 901
FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
Probably zero


Sent from my iPhone 4 using FF Mobile
True.

Sent from my PG86100 using FF Mobile
scott7278 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #27
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks
 
Joeywhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85247
Location: Brighton, MI
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

Posts: 2,355
FF Reputation: 8 Joeywhat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Anyone successfully removed and replaced their cabin filter yet? I got mine out, but damn near tore it in the process. The fuse block and some assorted hoses/wires/somethings up top are preventing easy access.

It's pretty dirty, so I'll be replacing it tomorrow if I can find one. I blew it out with some compressed air but it's still got a lot of crap in there.

So, is there an easier way to get it back in? I was able to disconnect the fuse block from the firewall, but the wires were still connected and I couldn't push it out of way enough.
__________________
Hatch Nation #29
Joeywhat is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #28
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,499
FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
So, is there an easier way to get it back in? I was able to disconnect the fuse block from the firewall, but the wires were still connected and I couldn't push it out of way enough.
Not sure - the service manual says you need to disconnect the fuse box... I just had my dealer do it during an oil change. haha
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #29
slowmazda3
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Fan#: 58220
Location: Lake Forest IL, United States
What I Drive: a rental

Posts: 47
FF Reputation: 0 slowmazda3 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Anyone successfully removed and replaced their cabin filter yet? I got mine out, but damn near tore it in the process. The fuse block and some assorted hoses/wires/somethings up top are preventing easy access.

It's pretty dirty, so I'll be replacing it tomorrow if I can find one. I blew it out with some compressed air but it's still got a lot of crap in there.

So, is there an easier way to get it back in? I was able to disconnect the fuse block from the firewall, but the wires were still connected and I couldn't push it out of way enough.
Unclip all wires, and remove fusebox. There are only positive lever lock clips back there so nothing will be that terrible to remove.
__________________
I bought a mazda and all I got was some crappy motor mounts and wheelspin.
slowmazda3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
treoless
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96715
Location: Nashua, NH
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Posts: 98
FF Reputation: 1 treoless Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Not sure - the service manual says you need to disconnect the fuse box... I just had my dealer do it during an oil change. haha
How much did it cost you?
treoless is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.