2000 Ford Focus LX Manual Transaxle Assembly - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
brown_fern
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 71959
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 brown_fern Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2000 Ford Focus LX Manual Transaxle Assembly

My car calls for a XS4R-DE transmission. I found a good deal on a XS4R-DD. Can someone tell me the differences in these tranny's, if any? The place where I found it said that these should be interchangeable. Does this seem right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
brown_fern
Focus Rookie

I was able to find what seems to be a good transmission on fleebay at a good price. It is being shipped from Canada. Anyway, I was wondering does this tranny have any seals or anything I should replace before installing it? I rather do it right, once.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
brown_fern
Focus Rookie

Transmission came in. Can anyone help on the seals I should replace or anything I should do to it prior to installing it? Anyone?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
brown_fern
Focus Rookie

This weekend I finally changed out the transaxle on my Focus. ETCG on youtube has a great video you can reference on how to do this. His video is a clutch change on a 2002 Ford focus. You have to remove the tranny to do the clutch. I wanted to share some learnings with others that might need to do this.

1. First check the transmission number in your car carefully. (I relied on the dealer; unforturnately one dealer told me my car had XS4Z-7002-DE; When I pulled it out I noticed my car had XS4Z-7002-DD). Which sucked because I had already ordered the DE one from Canada and it had been delivered to me already. The transmission part number is marked on the top of the transmission on a white label with barcode. It is under the air intake and battery area on the tranny.

2. The second point. XS4Z-7002-DE fit into my car and worked properly. From what I noticed visually; the housing (black cover area) is different. I'm not sure if they are different internally or not. Another note is that one of the dealers told me that after the DD trans had gone obsolete Ford referred customers to buy the DE tranny. This is what gave me confidence that they were interchangeable. In my case, the DE did work in place of the DD.

3. Also, its a good idea to change the input shaft seal and axle seals to avoid losing manual transmission fluid. This is what I changed. Do it right and do it once.

4. Ford sells some manual transmission fluid.That is what I used. XT-M5-QS

I hope this helps someone out. Good luck.

Last edited by brown_fern; 11-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Iamcam
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105533
What I Drive: 2003 Sangria Red LX

FF Reputation: 1 Iamcam Good Standing Member
Thanks alot for the post on my problem and this thread here, This will help out alot when I get time to lift the car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks