2013 Focus Observations - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Focus Observations

We got a few 2013 Focus on the lot and I noticed a few items:

The speedometer and tach have less hash marks (larger speed and tach increments). The speedo doesn't show every 10 MPH anymore, it goes 20, 40, 60, 80, etc.

The fuel and temp gauges also have larger text. Must of been complaints from older folks not being able to read them.

The auto dimming mirror, rain sensing wipers, and garage door opener built into the sun visor are now gone and no longer available, even on the Titanium model.

The base Titanium rims are now the previous SEL premium package rims. the SE now gets standard previous SE sport package rims. Much better than the hubcaps.

You can't get cloth seats and get fog lamps anymore. I see more SE's with the leather package because of this, and it's the same sew pattern as the Titanium leather. It's lost the uniqueness and options between trim levels, along with the blacked out headlamps from the Titanium on the SE appearance package. Why?

Performance blue is nice looking, pretty much the same as Sonic Blue last year, hint of purple to it.

Do like the standard rear view camera on the Titanium without having to buy the parking package. Also standard remote start that's integrated into the car from the factory is much better.

Driver's knee airbag has been added like the 2013 Escape, but doesn't note it in the order guide or functional descriptions.

LED interior dome lamps are gone, replaced with conventional bulbs

Interior trunk release added to headlamp switch surround.

Last edited by csvt2060; 09-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
I was playing with the online configurator and noticed:

- SE can be equipped with NAV and MFT now
- you have opt for the expensive SE style package with leather to get fog lamps and 4-wheel disc brakes
- if you outfit an SE with NAV, MFT, and style package it is more than a Titanium similarly equipped!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Interesting. I wish mine had remote start, but if my Focus didn't have homelink, and auto dimming mirror I wouldn't have bought it. It may seem petty, but when you're asking $29k for a car these are omissions that are inexcusable.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
It's lost the uniqueness and options between trim levels, along with the blacked out headlamps from the Titanium on the SE appearance package. Why?
Most times when a company launches a new or remodeled car, the first model year has LOTS of options so the company can get an idea of what people will actually buy. The features and options of the following year will reflect sales.

Another factor is supply of parts. If the parts required to offer those options are no longer available then Ford can't list them. It may be that Ford will add options after the first builds go out and parts become available. They sold a LOT of Focuses last year so the parts bin might not be able to meet demand.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
The auto dimming mirror had problems in the 2012 with not staying in place, which is why it got pulled, and the rain sensing wipers are pretty bad at sensing rain, so those features were needing to get pulled.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
YesMAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102901
What I Drive: '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 YesMAN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
The auto dimming mirror had problems in the 2012 with not staying in place, which is why it got pulled, and the rain sensing wipers are pretty bad at sensing rain, so those features were needing to get pulled.
There were complaints about those to be sure but both features on my car work as expected, as does the universal garage door opener. I'm glad to have all 3 of them. I noticed the UGDO is sourced from a separate company called "Homelink." So I wonder if costs or licensing fees or something increased leading Ford to kill it. I wonder if other Ford models recently deleted that feature as well.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Also gone is the one touch up/down windows at all loactions on the Ti so I think the door modules are gone as well.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
You are right on the auto dim mirror, as my 2013 Escape with the same mirror continues to have that problem. But they shouldn't delete it, but get another supplier or fix the mount.

The rain sensing wipers were bad, but again I don't understand why they deleted them instead of fixing them, as my Escape has them (same sensor location) they are programmed perfectly with consitant delays between wipes (thankfully).
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Billp1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90510
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Billp1 Good Standing Member
It might mean nothing to a lot of people but they are things that I liked. Especially the garage door opener. I have the 2012 Titanium and was looking to buy another Titanium this winter. This change will probably get me to search other vehicles.

I went to the Ford because of the amenities. Love the car but now they seem to be going backwards...
Old 09-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Added driver's knee airbag......

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->