Ford cargo tray and 18" wheels - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
MyThIc3LiTe I have read some of your posts. You get off at sniping at people. That's your thing. Being helpful isn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
MyThIc3LiTe I have read some of your posts. You get off at sniping at people. That's your thing. Being helpful isn't.
Yes, let us deflect.

Doesn't change the fact that YOU derailed the thread with your Mitt Romney levels of insanity in your previous post.

Also funny is that you aren't even American, so why comment on their issues? It is one thing to just sit and laugh, another to actually understand.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
You think the logical thing for the dealer to do is take the tray back and eat the difference on the correct part.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
You think the logical thing for the dealer to do is take the tray back and eat the difference on the correct part.
As far as I am aware, and someone please correct me, but when I wanted to order one my dealer said that the tray wouldn't work with the 18" tires, but this was a while ago so I'm not sure if they have made a 18" specific one or if its still the same one.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
Doesn't change the fact that YOU derailed the thread with your Mitt Romney levels of insanity in your previous post.

It is best to keep political references out of this or any other discussion here.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #36
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
It is best to keep political references out of this or any other discussion here.
And to OP should stop bashing Americans and the American worker.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #37
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

A few days ago I met with my Ford dealer who I bought the cargo tray from. They were not aware of an issue with 18" wheels. But after they reviewed my Focus with the rear seats folded into cargo space they confirmed that the tray is about 4 inches too long. They readily agreed to take back the tray and refund my money. They also reviewed the literature on Focus accessories. The dealer could find not find any advisory by Ford to the effect that the tray would not fit my Focus with 18" wheels. While it is true that Ford advises the tray will not fit a Focus with a full size spare the dealer inspected the spare that came with my Focus and found it was a 17" wheel. They told me this was not full size because it is smaller than the running wheels. This nonsense started when I contacted Ford Canada Service AFTER I confirmed that the tray was the right part number and should fit. Instead of being helpful Ford Canada threw the dealer under the wheels of an F350 by maintaining that any problems with the part were the dealer's and nothing to do with Ford. The reason it is an American issue is that the Focus is assembled in Dearborn, USA. I have no idea where the tray was made. But it doesn't matter to me. It is still a Ford Dearborn issue. If Ford Canada had investigated my complaint, which they didn't, they would have confirmed that I actually had a problem.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
A few days ago I met with my Ford dealer who I bought the cargo tray from. They were not aware of an issue with 18" wheels. But after they reviewed my Focus with the rear seats folded into cargo space they confirmed that the tray is about 4 inches too long. They readily agreed to take back the tray and refund my money. They also reviewed the literature on Focus accessories. The dealer could find not find any advisory by Ford to the effect that the tray would not fit my Focus with 18" wheels. While it is true that Ford advises the tray will not fit a Focus with a full size spare the dealer inspected the spare that came with my Focus and found it was a 17" wheel. They told me this was not full size because it is smaller than the running wheels. This nonsense started when I contacted Ford Canada Service AFTER I confirmed that the tray was the right part number and should fit. Instead of being helpful Ford Canada threw the dealer under the wheels of an F350 by maintaining that any problems with the part were the dealer's and nothing to do with Ford. The reason it is an American issue is that the Focus is assembled in Dearborn, USA. I have no idea where the tray was made. But it doesn't matter to me. It is still a Ford Dearborn. If Ford Canada had investigated my complaint, which they didn't, they would have confirmed that I actually had a problem.
The Full size spare tire is not identical to the 18" wheels. Its supposed to be a 16" steel wheel with a full sized tire on it, even though they put a temporary duty label on it.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #39
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The Full size spare tire is not identical to the 18" wheels. Its supposed to be a 16" steel wheel with a full sized tire on it, even though they put a temporary duty label on it.
Here's a definition from the Tire Rack
"Full-Size Temporary Spares
Full-size temporary spare tires and wheels match the vehicle's original tire dimensions, but typically feature lighter-weight construction and a shallower tread depth to reduce vehicle weight to improve fuel economy and make the spare easier to install. While most of today's vehicles are originally equipped with alloy wheels, full-size temporary spares are typically mounted on steel wheels and should be used only as spares."

Comment: ".........match the vehicle's original tire dimensions.........."
This is in accordance with the common definition of the term 'full size'. Where a term or terms is used that is at variance with the common definition by law the revised definition must be provided. Where applicable, contracts, bylaws and other legal documents contain a section on Definitions that states words to the effect that "In this contract the following terms shall have special meaning". Words and definitions follow.

I still don't know what triggered the 'full size spare' that necessitated raising the cargo deck. I assume it was either the 18" wheels or the Sport Suspension. None of the options state "Comes with full size spare". In any case it would have been more accurate for Ford to specify exactly what options are associated with the full size spare.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Here's a definition from the Tire Rack
"Full-Size Temporary Spares
Full-size temporary spare tires and wheels match the vehicle's original tire dimensions, but typically feature lighter-weight construction and a shallower tread depth to reduce vehicle weight to improve fuel economy and make the spare easier to install. While most of today's vehicles are originally equipped with alloy wheels, full-size temporary spares are typically mounted on steel wheels and should be used only as spares."

Comment: ".........match the vehicle's original tire dimensions.........."
This is in accordance with the common definition of the term 'full size'. Where a term or terms is used that is at variance with the common definition by law the revised definition must be provided. Where applicable, contracts, bylaws and other legal documents contain a section on Definitions that states words to the effect that "In this contract the following terms shall have special meaning". Words and definitions follow.

I still don't know what triggered the 'full size spare' that necessitated raising the cargo deck. I assume it was either the 18" wheels or the Sport Suspension. None of the options state "Comes with full size spare". In any case it would have been more accurate for Ford to specify exactly what options are associated with the full size spare.

The 18" wheels and handling package necessitated the full size spare wheel. its exactly the same continental contiprocontact 215/55/r16 size as the standard SE wheels. Its on a full sized tire that is about an inch thicker/ taller into the cargo area necessitating the thicker foam spacer blocks and the higher load floor. I don't think it was modified in any way shape or form other than them putting a temporary duty label on it someplace, but its not exactly the T165/55/r16-17 that was used as a temporary spare. Those are usually MAXXIS tires or some other name I've never heard of.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->