DCT Complaints Thread - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #101
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
That sounds detrimental to the fuel economy in town when you were only doing 35-40 mph however.
The MTX75 gets it's best mileage at 40 mph (5th gear) at over 60mpg. Somebody had posted a scan gauge graph at one point and I have also tested it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
I was waiting until this got a sticky to go for any complaining in here. We all know I have my story in enough threads already.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like DCT problem threads get a sticky at all. Ever.
I haven't even seen any moderators around here lately.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #102
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
The MTX75 gets it's best mileage at 40 mph (5th gear) at over 60mpg. Somebody had posted a scan gauge graph at one point and I have also tested it.
Yes but this is in a 5MT, not a 6DCT, the dct would be spinning at 1825 rpm in 5th at 40 mph and only 1476 rpm at 40 mph in 6th gear. That is a delta of 349 rpm between 5th and 6th gear in the DCT, that can make a fairly large difference with enough distance run at that particular speed.

The 5MT would be turning over at 1690 rpm or so, which means that at 40 mph the 5MT has an advantage over the DCT locked in 5th, but not over one thats utilizing the 6th gear ratio. The DCT would still be more efficient in 6th than the 5MT in 5th under ideal conditions. However in the real world it may not matter.

All gear ratio calculations were done using the 16" wheel's rolling radius (17" and 18" are almost the same, the 15" is a little bit different, but not enough to sway the results)
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #103
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by manueljones View Post
Had original 12B37 flash done in late May due to letter from Ford FSA. Car started behaving badly around 200 miles after reflash. 6th gear shift point was around 36 mph which I considered too low and was lugging engine. Took car back to dealer in mid July and car was reflashed with later update to 12B37. This time 6th gear shift point is 41mph with light thottle.
So is that the answer to why some folks' shift points changed and some didn't? Those that changed had the "later" 12B37 programming and those that didn't had the "earlier" 12B37?

I don't see how 6th @36mph is lugging the engine. I shift into S and force the upshift into 6th very frequently. As long as you downshift accordingly you're not lugging. As proven by the fact that the 4th and 5th gear shift points result in the same low rpm you get with the 6th gear shift point being at 36mph. So why did they move the 6th shift point up but not the rest?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #104
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
So is that the answer to why some folks' shift points changed and some didn't? Those that changed had the "later" 12B37 programming and those that didn't had the "earlier" 12B37?

This is news ... So there is a latest flash again, there should be a new TSB# or software ver#.

I had the early version installed, I think, and not very happy with it. I have the slipping clutch (car hops a few times when the clutch slips) mostly when taking off from a stop about half way thru 1st gear. This problem became noticeable around 20000mi and 2500mi after I got the 12B37 done. Could be coincidence, I need to have it looked at and check for the leak at the bellhousing.

Anyone that has access to info about the later 12B37 update please post! Thx!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #105
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone!

Just a reminder that I'm the new Ford Service representative around these parts. Please keep in mind I can lend a hand by escalating to the Customer Service Managers for your area. For those who haven't already, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact information, approximate mileage and preferred servicing dealer.

Thanks!
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #106
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone!

Just a reminder that I'm the new Ford Service representative around these parts. Please keep in mind I can lend a hand by escalating to the Customer Service Managers for your area. For those who haven't already, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact information, approximate mileage and preferred servicing dealer.

Thanks!
-Crystal
Hello Crystal,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for offering your help. Would you be so kind as to please ask your CSM colleague, Alexander, in Lebanon, FLA, to return his emails. I have written to him twice in the past 2 weeks and he has not yet responded. I would like to know why he has not responded and what is going on with my file at Ford Canada.

He knows who I am.

Thank you
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #107
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
Hello Crystal,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for offering your help. Would you be so kind as to please ask your CSM colleague, Alexander, in Lebanon, FLA, to return his emails. I have written to him twice in the past 2 weeks and he has not yet responded. I would like to know why he has not responded and what is going on with my file at Ford Canada.

He knows who I am.

Thank you
Hi Kaaru,

Please PM me with your concerns and some of your specific details (VIN, mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and a good daytime contact phone number); I'll forward your information to the appropriate folks at Ford of Canada.

Thanks!
-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #108
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
I haven't had any real issues in my 2 weeks of ownership until yesterday, I was stopped and a hill and when I hit the gas the engine revved up but I rolled backwards, car seems to have been stuck in neutral?

I hit the brake to stop the rollback and then when I gassed it again it functioned fine... We will see if it happens again or not. I haven't been driving it much in full auto so maybe thats why I haven't noticed the problem before.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #109
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93883
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I haven't had any real issues in my 2 weeks of ownership until yesterday, I was stopped and a hill and when I hit the gas the engine revved up but I rolled backwards, car seems to have been stuck in neutral?

I hit the brake to stop the rollback and then when I gassed it again it functioned fine... We will see if it happens again or not. I haven't been driving it much in full auto so maybe thats why I haven't noticed the problem before.
I had a similar problem: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298670
In a nutshell, pulled off from a stop, car shifting automatically through the gears. It got to about 40mph and suddenly went into neutral. The only way to correct it was to turn the car off and back on again.

I took it to the dealer. They kept it for 4 days and put on about 100miles test driving it.....and could not replicate the issue. So now I have it back with no resolution.

So here I am driving a "ticking time bomb" on busy freeways..
Old 10-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #110
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
I was going to start a new thread for this but will begin here:

Like many I've got the same DCT behaviors that many here are complaining about (Mar 11 build Ti). Before someone comes at me with the "you should have done your research" comment: YES I knew there would be some quirks, BUT, the real questions that I think are not yet answered within ant of these threads are:

1 - Are these ”normal" DCT noises going to wear out transmission parts prematurely?
2 - Are these ”normal" DCT noises going to damage transmission parts?
3 - How likely is ford to extend transmission warranty if the answer to either of the above is YES? If ford won't extend, what kind of repair bills are we looking at down the road?

If the answer to 1,2 above is no, I'll happily drive the car with these behaviors knowing that it should last a full lifespan. If the answer to 1 or 2 is YES then even a DCT expert is going to be concerned.

What are your opinions on 1,2,3?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->