Cruise control issue. - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #41
Russ9012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98667
What I Drive: 2012 Ebony Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Russ9012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Cool huh? Cost me a fortune but west cost customs hooked me up.

Obviously that was a typo, writing on a touchscreen droid is a weak point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #42
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Well, seems the CC issue is cropping up a lot. I think I was one of the first to have a problem. Mine worked normally the first day and ever since has been all over the place, from not working at all to only the (+) button working to the (-) button acting like "cancel" and everything in between. Oddly enough, one of the "it's working now" moments came as I drove in torrential downpours. CC had not worked in days but suddenly, I hit a large pool of standing water at slow speed but enough to act like I had hit the brake. Next time I tried the CC, it worked perfectly and kept working for the next week!! I am now at 6000 miles and still intermittant as heck! The turn signal switch was replaced to no avail and the steering angle sensor is the next part to supposedly replace but who knows! Have not taken it back yet. I have a great dealership but how can you fix something that won't stay broke or changes symptoms. Very aggravating for all involved.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #43
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNtexas View Post
...My CC never worked 100% since day one. Some days only the on/off and '+' buttons worked. On other days nothing worked. After almost exactly a year and 24000 miles it seemed to have finally failed totally...So clearly my second switch assembly has some kind of intermittent problem, just like the first one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ9012 View Post
My cruise is failing intermittently again, have a service apt scheduled on tuesday to get it looked at. A little disheartened
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplifier28 View Post
My cruise is failing intermittently too. What a hassle!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by electech View Post
Well, seems the CC issue is cropping up a lot. I think I was one of the first to have a problem. Mine worked normally the first day and ever since has been all over the place, from not working at all to only the (+) button working to the (-) button acting like "cancel" and everything in between... Have not taken it back yet. I have a great dealership but how can you fix something that won't stay broke or changes symptoms...
Hey gang,

I'd like to escalate your concerns to your region's Customer Service Managers. Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, preferred servicing dealer, and contact info. I'll get things rolling!

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #44
electech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85620
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 electech Good Standing Member
Crystal, I appreciate the thought but I have not had time to take it back but one time, They replaced a switch on the turn signal first. They tested it and said it worked and I believe them. However, the first time I tried it after leaving dealer, it would not set at all. Very random problems. For instance, during today's drive, it came on and set and I could add or subtract speed or cancel but it would never resume. If I ever get to the point that they have tried a lot of things and can't fix it, then maybe I will get you to do this.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #45
ERT_PaYnE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103487
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ERT_PaYnE Good Standing Member
I got my paperwork today from the dealer and this is what they said they did:

Complaint: Customer states that the cruise control is inop and the steering wheel has a noise while turning. [I'm unsure where they got the noise complaint.. I never said anything about a noise because I've never noticed one?]

Correction: Verified concern. No DTC's retrieved. Performed pinpoint test A. Pinpointed fault to the steering wheel assembly. R & R the steering wheel assembly.

Parts ordered:

CP9Z 58043B13 DA Module [this is actually the airbag module]

CV6Z 3600 SA Wheel Asy - Steering

I hope this helps everyone in getting this figured out!

Last edited by ERT_PaYnE; 09-16-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #46
Beatloafer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95533
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Beatloafer Good Standing Member
My CC was intermittent for about two weeks and now it's 100% unresponsive. I have an appointment at my local Ford dealer tomorrow and I'll post my progress on this thread.

Wish me luck.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #47
AJ_BS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95722
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 AJ_BS Good Standing Member
As you can see from my post in May here I have had this issue for months.

Took it to the dealer their tech experienced the issue. They have no ideas and told me Fords service/tech line gave them no ideas so they reflashed the ECU. My dealer then told me it was working. I was doubtful.

Picked up the car last Thursday night, cruise control has failed to activate all but once. I drive the car a ton for work and try to engage CC 3-5x daily. No dice.

I call the service writer Friday and he tells me he has to call Fords tech dep't again that he would call me Monday.

I just got off the phone with him, I had to call him its now Wednesday and I heard nothing. He tells me the technician will need the car for an extended period of time. They need to "look at certain parameters while its not working". I told him he already had the chance to do so.

This is the stuff that infuriates me. He even wanted me to leave my car up to 1 week. Makes me want to call and cancel the extended warranty If this is the $hit I have to deal with on any issues. I even told him about the clock spring but of course we are the idiots.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #48
amplifier28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97039
What I Drive: 2012 Ignot Silver Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 amplifier28 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
That is what I fear too. The dealerships have no idea how to fix the cruise control. I also have an extended warranty, but I guess it is useless since the problem can not be fixed by the dealers. I can not afford to leave my car at the dealership for an extended period of time. I only have a problem with the cruise control and I fear that if they monkey around with the car then it may end up worse!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #49
JimNtexas
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97485
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 JimNtexas Good Standing Member
On the third try my dealer got my CC working, that was a couple of months ago. Recently the 'resume' paddle operates only indeterminately.

There really is a design flaw of some kind in the 2012 Focus cruise control switching system.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #50
amplifier28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97039
What I Drive: 2012 Ignot Silver Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 amplifier28 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Were the switches changed? Did the dealer run a diagnostic test? How long did the dealer take to test the cruise control? Did they have the parts in stock or did they have to order the part? Information greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->