DCT Complaints Thread - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #81
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Annoyed would be the descritption for what I am getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post

Why would I complain about my DCT? I don't have one. See sig? I made this thread for those of you with problems. Must I have a DCT to make such a thread? Ok, a few have posted their complaints... a very few. Why are you getting all defensive?
Do you want me to answer here or would you like to stat a new thread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #82
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
Do you want me to answer here or would you like to stat a new thread?
Not sure what your issue is here with me. Care to PM me your problems?
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #83
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
You want complaints ? Ok.

Let me then be more specific:

Here are my DCT complaints: (You asked for it)

#1 Lack of power when accelerating:
IE: You try to overtake a car on the highway, or you try to merge on the highway.
Symptoms: High revving, clutch slipping, engine making a lot of noise and absence of real crisp acceleration

#2 Lack of power comming out of a left or right turn.
IE: You get to a green light and you take the 90 degree turn in motion and comming out of the turn, you dont get any power back when you press on hte gaz pedal.
Symptoms: You get the same symptoms as #1

#3 Lack of power while in motion
IE: While in motion at 40 Kph when you press the gaz pedal to accelerate in a straight line, the car bogs and nearly backfires
Symptoms: It varies from all the symtoms described in trouble #1 and I can swear the this is about to backfire 'cause it bogs so much

#4 traction controls kicks in too easily
IE: In winter conditions because of situation 1, 2 and 3, you end up pressing the gaz pedal too much, thus making the wheel spinning (when the tranny finnaly wakes up) and engaging the traction control. This situation causes you car to be very difficult to lauch from a dead stop in winter traffic conditions or on any slippery surface.

Voilą.

Last edited by Kaaru; 09-13-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Some typo's...hey no one is perfect...well, not me at least
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #84
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
You want complaints ? Ok.

Let me then be more specific:

Here are my DCT complaints: (You asked for it)

#1 Lack of power when accelerating: IE: You try to overtake a car on the highway, or you try to merge on the highway.
symptoms: High revving, clutch slipping, engine making a lot of noise and absence of real crisip acceleration

#2 Lack of power comming out of a left or right turn.IE: You get to a green light and you take the 90 degree turn in motion and comming out of the turn, you dont get any power back when you press on hte gaz pedal. Symptoms: You get the same symptoms as #1

#3 Lack of power while in motion
IE: While in motion at 40 Kph when you press the gaz pedal to accelerate in a straight line, the car bogs and nearly backfires

#4 traction controls kick in too easily
IE: In winter conditions because of situation 1, 2 and 3, you endup pressing the gaz pedal too much, thus making the wheel spinning (when the tranny finnaly wakes up) and engaging the traction control. This situation causes you car to be very difficult to lauch from a dead stop in winter traffic conditions or on any slippery surface.

Voilą.
This is what I'm talking about! As far as #s 1 & 2 it sounds like you have the same problem as most with the transmission/you having the transmission getting to a lower, more optimal gear. #3...I don't know. #4...don't feel so bad. It's not much different with the manual transmission. The best cure would be narrower winter tires.

Thanks for posting that!
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #85
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Way to go Kaaru! You have BetaDnB approval! I know you will sleep easier tonight.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #86
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:

Why would I complain about my DCT? I don't have one. See sig? I made this thread for those of you with problems. Must I have a DCT to make such a thread? Ok, a few have posted their complaints... a very few. Why are you getting all defensive?
Come on now Beta, you should have almost expected a reply like that (not the condescending part, I don't think you were anyway), but, when you claimed that no one actually posted a DCT specific complaint (which in fact, there were a few anyway, LOL) and then end with "..I tried" , it did come across as at least a little bit "smug"... I know, that was not your intention, but, you can at least concede that it could easily be interpreted that way... bygones. LOL
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #87
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Come on now Beta, you should have almost expected a reply like that (not the condescending part, I don't think you were anyway), but, when you claimed that no one actually posted a DCT specific complaint (which in fact, there were a few anyway, LOL) and then end with "..I tried" , it did come across as at least a little bit "smug"... I know, that was not your intention, but, you can at least concede that it could easily be interpreted that way... bygones. LOL
I'll agree. The statement was more based on the other statistics I posted, on a comparative level. It seems somebody has some deeper, unknown issues with me though. For what reason?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #88
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I'll agree. The statement was more based on the other statistics I posted, on a comparative level. It seems somebody has some deeper, unknown issues with me though. For what reason?
No, no pm lets keep it public. I think maybe it is the avatar - that is really you isn't it.
Kidding - don't answer. I'll drop it. No more remarks.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #89
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetzel View Post
No, no pm lets keep it public. I think maybe it is the avatar - that is really you isn't it.
Kidding - don't answer. I'll drop it. No more remarks.
What of it? I had been driving fast Ace Ventura style. I kid as well.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #90
gambit293
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103090
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 gambit293 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post

#1 Lack of power when accelerating: IE: You try to overtake a car on the highway, or you try to merge on the highway.
symptoms: High revving, clutch slipping, engine making a lot of noise and absence of real crisip acceleration

#2 Lack of power comming out of a left or right turn.IE: You get to a green light and you take the 90 degree turn in motion and comming out of the turn, you dont get any power back when you press on hte gaz pedal. Symptoms: You get the same symptoms as #1
Well, I guess this sort of gets to the heart of figuring out exactly what we're talking about, but the problem of upshifting too soon isn't really a DCT issue per se, right? You could just as well have an ordinary automatic that upshifts aggresively. It's purely a matter of tranny programming. I'd imagine you'll see very similar complaints on other car boards, given all the emphasis on fuel mileage over the past decade. But either way, I guess you can blame Ford for it.

Your other problems, however, really are concerning, because they are relevant to the exact features that a DCT is supposed to provide: clean and efficient shifts with the power delivery comparable to a manual. And the high revving is also bizarre, given your note about the failure to hold gears.

PS: Oh yea, btw, BetaDnB. I got that vibe too. I guess you could have made it more explicit by throwing in a *sigh* or two or maybe an *eye roll*. But anyway, discussion here has been good so far.

Bookmarks & Social Networks