Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
http://www.qwikvalve.com/product.php?productid=16284

There's also an F-107SW which combines the valve and adapter in one part. (Although the cost is about the same).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
fofo60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95976
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Metallic Hatchbac

FF Reputation: 1 fofo60 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That sounds perfect and would be easier to install without having to use the adapter. Also like the fact that it has a nipple to attach a hose for draining. Hey Tiger-Heli, start a new post so that everyone knows that there is another alternative to the F107 with adapter. I purchased my drain valve in June and the Fumoto rep said they were working on a new valve. What a great forum, thanks for posting.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Thanks! I had bought one off amazon, but I fat fingered it and got the F-106N. Doh!! It will fit my '12 Impreza, so now I'll buy the F-107SW for the Focus.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
I have one of these on my truck and it makes oil changes easy, slide underneath, attach tube to nipple, and turn the lever.

I still get oil on my hands when I remove the oil filter though :P

Will look into adding this after I do my first oil change the regular way to see if it would be as useful.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fofo60 View Post
Hey Tiger-Heli, start a new post so that everyone knows that there is another alternative to the F107 with adapter.
I didn't quite follow what you meant here, it was a new post, and you just started the thread yesterday so I didn't think we needed another thread on a new part introduction.

I see where you edited your initial post to add the new part and that was probably a good idea. (Maybe that's what you meant).
Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
fofo60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I just did not want someone to read my original post and place an order without knowing about the new valve. The edit of the initial post will take care of that. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

I did more on-line research and am seriously considering getting one of these.

A couple of points not mentioned here:

They have a lifetime warranty - even including warranting the engine from damage caused by failure of the valve.

These are really only good if you are the ONLY one who changes your oil and you ALWAYS change the oil yourself. Most professional oil change shops will have never heard of it and you would have to show them how to work it.

On another forum, a member mentioned that he drained his oil with one and afterward removed the Fumoto valve and only a little bit of oil drained out - so there is not that much oil left in the pan (at least compared to what would be normally).

Someone on another from thought they were an American company as the website used to be fomotousa.com - but I think they are Japanese, and the website name implies to me they are NOT American.

I use a magnetic pilot point drain plug to pull shavings out of the oil and keep them out of the engine, and you lose that feature, but I'm not sure how much difference it makes anyway.

There are two competing products, but I think the Fomoto is better than either one - but I don't know of anyone selling the Fomoto locally:

Fram used to sell a product called Sure Drain (that I HAD seen locally and was getting confused with this). The sure drain uses a flush (thin, not toilet) valve and then a special hose that depresses the seat in the valve and allows the oil to flow through the hose, but Fram has discontinued it. The issue I see with it would be misplacing the hose and having to store a hose with used oil until the next oil change.

Dorman sells a product called EZ-Drain - where there is a knurled cap that you push in and rotate 1/4-turn and the oil drains through the cap. Sounds good in theory, but Amazon reviews mention lots of leaks - and you can't attach a hose to it to direct the oil where you want it.

I've also seen a product with a knurled cap on a lanyard - but the only advantages there are not needing a wrench and not dropping the cap into the hot oil.

Overall, the Fumoto looks like a very good option to me!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
fofo60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fumoto is a Japanese company and their valves are the only ones that I have ever used. Great research, there is a lot out there about these valves. I have heard about Fumoto's warranty, it is unusual that they will cover the engine if the valve fails. Glad to see that someone removed the valve and found very little oil left in the engine. Good luck.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Here:

Old 10-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Coltm4
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105038
What I Drive: 13 SFE

FF Reputation: 1 Coltm4 Good Standing Member
Can someone verify F107SW will be long enough to clear the obstruction?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->