A simple fix for the microphone wind noise issue - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #201
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
I can't attest to the 2012 but I just picked up my 2013 on Monday. I have used the system countless times already and haven't had a single person complain about anything. Granted the amount of time for sampling is small I've had zero problems.
Thats good news, maybe someone can figure out what they did differently in the 2013 to fix this issue. Then a real solution can be found to fix our 2012's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #202
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94641
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Murray5476 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
That's one yell of a fix ...gotta love Ford!

Seriously tho ... So the 2013 doesn't have this issue or is the whole post just a joke?
If you read thru my past post, you can tell that it isn't a hoax. I went thru quite a bit, with my dealership, trying to repair the phone problem. They were never able to repair it. I can't say for sure about every 2013 model, but the one I got, works great...
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #203
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray5476 View Post
If you read thru my past post, you can tell that it isn't a hoax. I went thru quite a bit, with my dealership, trying to repair the phone problem. They were never able to repair it. I can't say for sure about every 2013 model, but the one I got, works great...
The Joke I meant was the fact that Ford replaced your car with a 2013 ...if its not a joke then hell I want a new car too! Lol

I know your issue isn't a joke cuz a lot of us including me suffer with this noisy mic problem.

I suspect you bought a new 2013 and it has no noisy mic issues?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #204
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

It is not a hoax. I bought my car in february, for about 2 months it was in and out of the garage trying to fix the problem. They replaced almost everything in the system, some things twice. After all failed. I filed a claim thru the BBB Autoline. Had an arbitration hearing in June. BBB sided with me against Ford. Stating that they should be able to provide a product that works. My dealership dealer traded a 2012 for me that sounded worse than the one I was driving. So I ordered a 2013 from Ford. It arrived last week, and I picked it up today. Its is not a hoax. It took me 6 months, but I have solved my problem.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #205
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
The mic does not come apart as easily as the video in the OP. It'll take a little to see how it opens up. The Ti is designed differently than the SE is up top too.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #206
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
It is not a hoax. I bought my car in february, for about 2 months it was in and out of the garage trying to fix the problem. They replaced almost everything in the system, some things twice. After all failed. I filed a claim thru the BBB Autoline. Had an arbitration hearing in June. BBB sided with me against Ford. Stating that they should be able to provide a product that works. My dealership dealer traded a 2012 for me that sounded worse than the one I was driving. So I ordered a 2013 from Ford. It arrived last week, and I picked it up today. Its is not a hoax. It took me 6 months, but I have solved my problem.
Wow ... That's good to know, so you got a 2013 from Ford to replace your 2012 for this mic issue. You probably had to pay the difference for the 2013 but sounds like you won the battle to get it fixed! Congrates and enjoy your new ride with a functional mic.

Now hope Ford can figure out how to fix this before we all demand a buy back or trade in for this issue.

Surely it can be fixed if the 2013 works great...
Old 09-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #207
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Noah...You can demand all you want....But unless you follow each step in the buyback process, it won't do you any good.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #208
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Noah...You can demand all you want....But unless you follow each step in the buyback process, it won't do you any good.
Yea I figured it wasn't that easy and I may not have the patients or time to go thru all of that just to fix this issue. Good to know it worked out well for you after a long 6mo battle. I still hope for a fix.
Thanks for posting your results Murry!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #209
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsfocus View Post
Wow ... That's good to know, so you got a 2013 from Ford to replace your 2012 for this mic issue. You probably had to pay the difference for the 2013 but sounds like you won the battle to get it fixed! Congrates and enjoy your new ride with a functional mic.

Now hope Ford can figure out how to fix this before we all demand a buy back or trade in for this issue.

Surely it can be fixed if the 2013 works great...
Did you upgrade to MFT 3.0.2? That fixed my issue with the mic.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #210
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Did you upgrade to MFT 3.0.2? That fixed my issue with the mic.
Unfortunately for me that is what "unfixed" mine. My wife never used to complain about background noise prior to the update, even going as far as to not realize I was calling from my car sometimes, but constantly has to ask me to repeat things because all she can hear is background noise since the update. I really have to speak loud sometimes now. When coupled with the problems I have had with other voice commands since the update, specifically for songs, I am really leaning towards the feeling that the update did something that affected the noise cancellation function for me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks