Turbo SPI Who's is it? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
jmcrides03
low n slow

Fan#: 75938
What I Drive: 96 paseo 97 contour zetec mtx 75

FF Reputation: 7 jmcrides03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
^^ project neverender turbo atx spi tuned by tom
sedan revolution #83 Team Focus Cleveland #14
96 toyota paseo 97 contour zetec mtx turbo build in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #12
TeamZetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84603
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 TeamZetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim View Post
Yeah it looks nice, but it looks like that engine will not last long with that tapping sound does not sound good....
i bet he didnt replace the factory head with a reman'd one that had the valve seat problem fixed. i bet it blew through the sky in no time with that turbo.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
jrdyfocus84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64726
What I Drive: 2001 Silver SE Sedan SPI

FF Reputation: 3 jrdyfocus84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
you could always finish my build i didnt complete... poke poke...:)
i know where you could get a fully built spi motor very very very cheap....
check the build thread if you got time its a few pages... http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216106
Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
djwrg04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78546
What I Drive: 2000 sangria SE 4door

FF Reputation: 3 djwrg04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Stumble'd upon this while searching for a turbo comparison chart and I couldn't resist....

That focus in the video is Gigy's car off FJ. He still has it and it still runs although he hasn't worked on it in quite some time while he's been renovating his house.

If I remember correctly (haven't looked at the thread for a while since it was moved to the archives) he was running it on 89 and had it running on a stock tune while he was waiting to tune it.

I talked to him about two months ago or so about how it's going and he said he was going to finish it at some point within the next few years when he finishes renovating his house. His car was practically "Genesis" for Turbo-ing an SPI and getting it done right/reliable.

That video was from 6 or 7 years ago when he had almost completed it IIRC.

Leading up to the point when that video was taken, he had done everything himself(minus the machine shop work); oil cooler & remote mount w/ all braided AN lines, custom fabbed air-water cooler, entire exhaust system(down-pipe, side exit exhaust, etc...), all the charge piping, the custom fabbed intake, custom Poly Motor mounts (driver-side mount AFAIK), MTX-75 swap w/zetec oil-pan, opened up the crank-case ventilation hole (so it's just like the zetec's ventalation hole (behind the exahust manifold) as SPI blocks were made with it filled in), upgraded water pump(not sure on that one), Custom oil-catch can.... the list goes on...

Gigy's Focus is my inspiration to go turbo'd and one of the main reasons I keep rocking an SPI!

I think I met him in person at FocusFest 2011 and he had an orange or red SVT with him (talked to a guy who said he had a Turbo SPI in his garage that he hadn't worked on in a long time but I couldn't remember his name/screen name ) but I may be combining two totally different people into the same person.
Sedan Revolution #231 || FocusXtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbridledCarnage View Post
im not paying 124 a night. period. lol bring a gun and bunker down!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
jrdyfocus84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64726
What I Drive: 2001 Silver SE Sedan SPI

FF Reputation: 3 jrdyfocus84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwrg04 View Post
Stumble'd upon this while searching for a turbo comparison chart and I couldn't resist....

That focus in the video is Gigy's car off FJ. He still has it and it still runs although he hasn't worked on it in quite some time while he's been renovating his house.

If I remember correctly (haven't looked at the thread for a while since it was moved to the archives) he was running it on 89 and had it running on a stock tune while he was waiting to tune it.

I talked to him about two months ago or so about how it's going and he said he was going to finish it at some point within the next few years when he finishes renovating his house. His car was practically "Genesis" for Turbo-ing an SPI and getting it done right/reliable.
While I was building my turbo spi I looked up a lot of information and his car kept popping up in that information

wish I would of been able to complete mine... got so close...

Bookmarks & Social Networks