Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
fofo60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95976
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Metallic Hatchbac

FF Reputation: 1 fofo60 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve

Just installed a Fumoto engine oil drain valve on the Focus. If you are interested in doing this here is the info. I bought my parts online. You will need:
Fumoto F-107N engine oil drain valve
Fumoto ADP-107 male/female adapter
The drain valve has a little extension that allows you to attach a drain hose and drain the oil into your collection pan, no mess. You will need the adapter because there is a metal protrusion above the oil drain hole that prevents the oil drain valve from screwing in all the way.
The system works well and if you change your own oil and plan to keep the car for a long time it will make the job a lot easier.

September 13, 2012. Tiger Heli just posted that there is a new drain valve that does not require the adapter. Look for the
Fumoto F-107SW. Looks like it would be easier to install.

Last edited by fofo60; 09-13-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: New Product information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Chaos09
Sonic Crew #09

Fan#: 95090
What I Drive: DC

FF Reputation: 7 Chaos09 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Pics or it didnt happen! LOL!
Sonic's MK3 Crew #9 Chaos!

www.DCSAutoworks.com
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Good lookin out. Total price?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
fofo60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

On Amazon, Drain valve is $26.50 and adapter is $7.50. You might be able to find an auto parts store that has a better price.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I've installed one of these on every car I've owned since they became available. They save time and protect the threads of your oil pan (no removing and installing the drain plug over and over), but they don't flow very well. You'll have to double the time it takes to drain your oil.

I recommend them, just make sure you have some patience and extra time.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Thanks for posting this. I used the application guide on their website a few months ago, and Fumoto didn't show that the extension adapter was needed. I wasn't very happy when I tried to install it during an oil change a couple of days ago. I've added the ADP-107 adapter to my Amazon wishlist.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
but they don't flow very well. You'll have to double the time it takes to drain your oil.

When I change the oil I want as full, fast and complete a flow as possible to flush out as much debris and/or contaminants as possible. I also don't want to leave 4 ounces or so of the dirtiest oil in my engine caused by the threads of that thing protruding into the oil pan and failing to allow a complete drain.

I never had an issue with a wrench and the regular drainplug.

With 10k OCI's ... is using a wrench that hard to do, especially considering what a pain in the butt that cover is with the 8 torx head screws.

To each his own. If ya like it ... use it.

REV
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Thanks for the info. I would jump on this except the price makes it even harder for me to justify changing the oil myself. I'm already only saving a few bucks compared to finding a $25 oil change deal somewhere. And I have revhigh's concern as well; any debris on sitting on the oil pan will have a better chance getting flushed out with a higher drain flow rate.

But I do see the convenience of the valve. At the very least it'll be much cleaner. I always forget to put on rubber gloves and end up with hot used oil on my hands.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
fofo60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Oil drain valves are like liver and onions.... you either love them or hate them. I am not trying to talk anyone into using a drain valve, just wanted to let you know what parts to buy. I have used these valves for years because they make the oil change so easy. I would think that to get most of the dirty oil out of your car the most important factor would be to make sure that the engine is warmed up and the oil is hot before draining. The drain valve keeps you from having to remove the hot drain plug while the hot oil is splashing around. You just open the valve.
However you do it... keep that oil clean!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofo60 View Post
Oil drain valves are like liver and onions.... you either love them or hate them. I am not trying to talk anyone into using a drain valve, just wanted to let you know what parts to buy. I have used these valves for years because they make the oil change so easy. I would think that to get most of the dirty oil out of your car the most important factor would be to make sure that the engine is warmed up and the oil is hot before draining. The drain valve keeps you from having to remove the hot drain plug while the hot oil is splashing around. You just open the valve.
However you do it... keep that oil clean!
Totally, and I do appreciate the info. It's still very tempting. I hate hot oil on my hands.

Hope you fared well in Gulfport there during Isaac.

Bookmarks & Social Networks