why no 6th gear? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazingo View Post
While I don't own a 2012 Focus anymore,the financial hole(6000$) the car cost me ,is still present.While the Hyundai is cheaper to insure and is better on gas,it will still take a while totally erase the damage from the Focus.I also had the decensy of selling the car a serviceable condition,while it was sold to me in a condition most people(including Ford empoyees) wouldn't drive their kids in.Contrarely to some Ford employees, I got a conscience.Ford employees should look themselves in a mirror before commenting on my decision.They had more than enough time to shine and fix their mess and they didn't.Customers satisfaction is only important for the salesman ,because he's the only one impacted on that,the rest don't give a s...

While I'm being extremely sarcastic ,the message is true.This is now what Ford is, and will remain for a long time.I miss the days you could have choices and you had decent service and you could talk to people who care.Now it's take it or leave it ,and if you take it and got problems goodluck with it.If I was an isolated case I wouldn't be here.I took it ,paid the price and you can be sure I got every rights to comment on whatever I want.
When you escaped the crazy bin, did you take your tin foil hat with you?

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #32
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Sheesh suss, my measly little snide remark didn't deserve the analysis treatment!
Well it is the internet, so its hard to infer the tone of the converstation.

I happen to like the color more than I like the others, but I would have had a few others to chose from that I would have chosen should I have chosen a different build criteria. If there was a 6 speed manual available with a tall secondary over drive ratio and the same or similar axle ratio to the MTX-75 and the Powershift DCT I might have looked more closely at it. It didn't exist in the US and so the manual was ruled out because at one point I was driving 100+ miles a day every day mostly on the freeway at 70 mph and the driving comfort and fuel economy would be most important at that particular data point. Only now my current commute was cut down to 20 miles or so a day for work at present, so that's not as critical.

Ugh there I go again analizing everything/ describing context and the logic that went into that particular rationalization.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #33
Mazingo
Banned

Fan#: 103085
What I Drive: 2010 black Ranger

FF Reputation: -2 Mazingo Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
When you escaped the crazy bin, did you take your tin foil hat with you?
LOL

Laugh all you want.Ford can't p... off that many people and think it will never come out.If Ford spent more time and money on customer support and less in development of useless gadgets and offered what the rest of the industry is already giving their customers,Ford would get less complaints.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #34
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I happen to like the color more than I like the others, but I would have had a few others to chose from that I could tolerate should I have chosen a different build criteria.
Wow, Frosted Glass was the only color you could more than just tolerate? What color is your house?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well it is the internet, so its hard to infer the tone of the converstation.
It's all good. I thought the smilie sticking his tongue out at you at the end of my remark was enough to infer from.

Frosted Glass would have been my absolute last choice. It's a good thing there's a selection for the different tastes.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Wow, Frosted Glass was the only color you could more than just tolerate? What color is your house?
That's not exactly what I meant when I said that I could tolerate. I was referring to there are certain colors I prefer, and others I'd rather not purchase. White and black being two colors I specifically would generally avoid.

The top four colors I wanted were Frosted Glass, Sterling Grey Metallic, Ingot Silver Metallic, and Kona Blue (discontinued).

I like Sterling Grey a lot, but its too common. I see several each and every day even just at work. To top it off my brother's car that he ordered before mine is exactly the same except its Sterling Grey. It looks great don't get me wrong, but that's another reason not to go with the same color at least for me.

The rental car I had back in November 2011 was an Ingot Silver Metallic SE 201A Sedan with the european spec/ fleet spec alloy wheels that I hadn't seen before. I liked how the silver looked as well.

The very first 2012 Focus I sat in back in late 2010 at my then current internship was one of the first built after job 1 but before series production actually started for retail sales. It was a Kona Blue Titanium Sedan with the cloth heated seats. Kona was a sharp looking color but I wasn't ready to order one when they first came out and it was discontinued by the time I was able to afford it.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #37
Mazingo
Banned

By popular demand,here's my part two of my pseudo-rant against the non-patriotic members of this forum.

Some will say "Well the ST has 6 speed manual???" The ST is NOT a passenger car.It's a RACE CAR, a state of the art racing machine.You don't choose the ST,Ford will decide if you got the driving experience to handle this kind of vehicle.It's NOT because you owned a Corvette,WRX STI or an Audi TT that it means that you can handle the power and G Force this car will put you though!.
Some will even say that it's kinda like an RS! "Blasphemy!!!". The ST has ONE thing that the RS never had.It has ECOBOOST!!! This means the car is so clean it will actually bring the dead back to life!You know when you are driving and you see leaves on the road? Do you think they come from trees?No ,they come from the tailpipes from ECOBOOST engines.
So you think Ford will simply shove the perfectly calibrated 6 speed manual transmission of the ST in your average Focus?Are you out of your mind?Do you think you can simply put racecars parts on a passenger car,of course not!

Again ,if you want a 6 speed manual tranny ,go see those irresponsable fly by night car companies.But if you want to get what you really need and can handle ,trust Ford.

God bless America.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazingo View Post
By popular demand,here's my part two of my pseudo-rant against the non-patriotic members of this forum.

Some will say "Well the ST has 6 speed manual???" The ST is NOT a passenger car.It's a RACE CAR, a state of the art racing machine.You don't choose the ST,Ford will decide if you got the driving experience to handle this kind of vehicle.It's NOT because you owned a Corvette,WRX STI or an Audi TT that it means that you can handle the power and G Force this car will put you though!.
Some will even say that it's kinda like an RS! "Blasphemy!!!". The ST has ONE thing that the RS never had.It has ECOBOOST!!! This means the car is so clean it will actually bring the dead back to life!You know when you are driving and you see leaves on the road? Do you think they come from trees?No ,they come from the tailpipes from ECOBOOST engines.
So you think Ford will simply shove the perfectly calibrated 6 speed manual transmission of the ST in your average Focus?Are you out of your mind?Do you think you can simply put racecars parts on a passenger car,of course not!

Again ,if you want a 6 speed manual tranny ,go see those irresponsable fly by night car companies.But if you want to get what you really need and can handle ,trust Ford.

God bless America.
What are you smoking? The Focus ST is not a racing car. If you wanted a racing car you have to be prepared to part with 98,000+ dollars in order to get a hold of an ST-R, or to spend a load of money to strip out an ordinary ST and convert it for racing purposes. The standard Focus ST is very much a road going car.

If you have nothing intelligent to say its best that you keep your mouth sealed, rather than to open it and remove all doubt.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #39
MdOdd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100594
What I Drive: 2012 race red 5 door SE

FF Reputation: 2 MdOdd Good Standing Member
Quote:

If you have nothing intelligent to say its best that you keep your mouth sealed, rather than to open it and remove all doubt.

Love this quote. Live by it every day... Samuel Clemens.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #40
Mazingo
Banned

Quote:
What are you smoking? The Focus ST is not a racing car. If you wanted a racing car you have to be prepared to part with 98,000+ dollars in order to get a hold of an ST-R, or to spend a load of money to strip out an ordinary ST and convert it for racing purposes. The standard Focus ST is very much a road going car.

Sorry ,I didn't knew you were unfamilliar with a new little thing called "sarcasm".

Bookmarks & Social Networks