Is there a garage door opener in the Focus? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #31
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Right after my last post an item came on the morning news about vehicle theft. It turns out that the dumbest thing people do is leave a garage remote clipped to the visor (thieves look there right away) or somewhere else in their car in plain view. Thieves break in, grab the remote then grab your registration from the glove box that has your personal information including the address of your home where they open the garage door, drive in, close the door and then break in. Thieves don't usually leave thank you notes. But if you leave a garage remote on your visor they should. Now let me make sure I have this right. The built in remote on the 2012 Focus is not just a great convenience feature, it is a great security feature. Who is the genius at Ford who decided it was a bad idea?

Last edited by Linchpin; 09-12-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54461
What I Drive: 14' PB ST2

FF Reputation: 3 xpeterbilt387x Good Standing Member
My SEL has one.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #33
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
That gets me thinking... That can only be a problem when you routinely park your car in your driveway instead of safely inside the garage. So why does one have a garage door opener in their car if they don't park their car in the garage?
The story on the morning news was about people parking their cars in lots, especially commuter parking lots, not their own driveways. Think people don't leave remotes on their visor or lying on the front seats? Think again. The news team was walking around parking lots poking their cameras in car windows. It is unbelievable how many people leave valuables in plain view all over the interior including credit card bills, bank statements and coin holders loaded with money. Some even thoughtfully leave their windows partly open. Why not send out invitations to thieves or better still post the details on FaceBook?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #34
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
The website had a mistake. Unfortunately I bet they'll just give you the boilerplate legaleze "We're not responsible for typos or mistakes in our promotional materials." The '13 Source Book clearly said it was discontinued and the '13 Order Guide made no mention of it as standard or optional equipment.
No worries. It isn't that expensive to get one from the parts department at retail and I get things at cost plus 5% so it wasn't a feature that was going to break the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpeterbilt387x View Post
My SEL has one.
You have a 2012 according to your info. We are discussing the 2013 MY.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
The story on the morning news was about people parking their cars in lots, especially commuter parking lots, not their own driveways. Think people don't leave remotes on their visor or lying on the front seats? Think again. The news team was walking around parking lots poking their cameras in car windows. It is unbelievable how many people leave valuables in plain view all over the interior including credit card bills, bank statements and coin holders loaded with money. Some even thoughtfully leave their windows partly open. Why not send out invitations to thieves or better still post the details on FaceBook?
It's because Americans have lulled themselves into a false sense of security when it comes to life. Think about how many people have alarm systems in there house and a.) never arm them or b.) only arm them when they aren't home. Thieves are getting brazen with the economy in the state it is in.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
It's because Americans have lulled themselves into a false sense of security when it comes to life. Think about how many people have alarm systems in there house and a.) never arm them or b.) only arm them when they aren't home. Thieves are getting brazen with the economy in the state it is in.
It is a sad statement of the times we live in that unfortunately I have to agree with you.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #37
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Positive. I just picked up my 2013 yesterday...NOT 2012...and it does not have the opener.

Ford is no longer including or offering them in the car. Parts guy is ordering me one from a 2012. Retail is $95.
My 2012 Ti came with the visor remote. But for those who would like to add one to their Focus can you please post the Ford Part Number? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #38
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
My 2012 Ti came with the visor remote. But for those who would like to add one to their Focus can you please post the Ford Part Number? Thanks.
Here is the link to Fordparts.com:

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=Focus

Part number is 04104. It is the same for the sedan and hatchback.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #39
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

I do not know at this point if it needs a harness or if the Homelink is stand alone in the visor. I imagine it does not need to be connected anywhere. When it arrives I can update accordingly.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #40
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I do not know at this point if it needs a harness or if the Homelink is stand alone in the visor. I imagine it does not need to be connected anywhere. When it arrives I can update accordingly.
Please do and thanks for the help.

I am going to post a new thread later today called 'How to get the Focus you really wanted and still want'. The objective of this thread is to help those of us who didn't get all the options we wanted at the time of purchase or options or accessories that we want are not available to add them post purchase. In some cases Ford lists accessories such as the locking gas filler plug that obviously fit the Focus but are not listed as accessories. Ford dealers will tell us that it is not available when it is an obvious oversight on Ford's part. Rather than berate Ford it is easier not to mention far faster for some of us to take a chance, buy the part and inform others so we can do an end run around Ford.

Bookmarks & Social Networks