Nothing but problems pt2 - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
May 2011 build, my car makes the exact same noises. I think it's the clutch - maybe synchros? Just over 33k miles here.

I feel like it makes a weird noise in reverse too, but I could be crazy. Anyway, I have these same noises (just as bad, occasionally worse) going from 1->2, 2->3 and sometimes more. My car hasn't shifted as smooth as the video VectorZ posted in a while... I'll take a video with RPM on the way home for you guys. You'll notice my RPMs spike right before the upshift...

EDIT: Aside from the weird lurching and grinding, she does still drive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #42
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
5/11/11 build here. The new clutch jitters were gone around 1000~ miles. Grinding and worse appeared after 10k miles. 16k and it's still rolling, however.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #43
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
My question is why is this on a public forum to begin with? This seems like a problem between a customer and service provider that's being dragged out for the public to see. We all know we don't need another DCT problem thread around here.
First off, this post is ignorant. As explained this was never a thread created for communication between a service adviser and a customer.

Secondly, I hope to see these threads everywhere. This is the way that we get attention brought to the manufacturer when our go-to (the dealership) is stonewalling us and saying everything is normal when it isn't.

Saying there shouldn't be multiple threads is like saying a company shouldn't advertise on more than one television channel. What if I don't watch that channel? Same as if I don't check this forum for a few days. New threads are what show that the problem is happening to a vast number of people. If there were a STICKIED thread on the subject as you have created and FORD looks at said thread, then multiples can stop. Otherwise posts happen so fast on this forum that threads get buried within a matter of hours.

That being said and to add to this conversation, here is a link to my story.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292311

I am having the same grinding noise, sometimes just as loud and obnoxious as the OP, and I am getting the same answers from the dealership. The last time I took it in (after the story was written for the link above) the dealership had the car for 22 days. After 1 week they called to tell me they thought they heard something in the dash, then after another week they called to say they thought they heard something in the center console. Over a week later they called to say they fixed the console and the car was ready to come pick up. Nothing has changed, except for the console now rattles as well. The car still makes the same grinding noise, the service manager/transmission tech has ridden in the car with me on two separate occasions and both times heard the noise loud and clear. The noise started at 900 miles, I took it in around 1100, and now it has over 19,000. Same noise except worse now than before.

There are multiple videos on YouTube referencing this, and my area supervisor said she forwarded one to the engineers back in March when my case was escalated by FordCustomerService for the first time. I called her twice last week and left a message, then called her yesterday and left a message. She called me back yesterday afternoon and said she didn't even see any records of Ford servicing my vehicle. She said she'd get with them and call me back today, but I don't think that's going to happen. She gets off of work in 12 minutes and I haven't received a call yet.

This is the worst thing I've ever had to deal with concerning a car.

So please, keep this information public and easy to access, there are a lot of us hoping to finally get a resolution out of this.

@Misfire: Please try to pioneer a resolution to this problem so that other dealerships may follow your lead and us unhappy customers can get our cars working the way they were intended to. Thank you very much.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Saying there shouldn't be multiple threads is like saying a company shouldn't advertise on more than one television channel.
Not really. The "channel" here is "Third Generation Ford Focus (2012)" and there is plenty of discussion of these issues in earlier threads. You're not reaching a different audience by starting a new thread. Starting new threads about the same issue only serves to make information harder to find for people who take the time to search for it.

For instance, those who take the time to search for info on DCT issues are likely going to have better luck finding what they're looking for in a thread titled "DCT issues" than one titled "Nothing but problems pt2".
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #45
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Not really. The "channel" here is "Third Generation Ford Focus (2012)" and there is plenty of discussion of these issues in earlier threads. You're not reaching a new audience by starting a new thread. Starting new threads about the same issue only serves to make information harder to find for people who take the time to search for it.
If you look at the frost page of this forum right now there are two threads relating to transmission noises, one being the hopeful sticky that betadnb created. If you search only this forum for transmission, you get a page with 25 results, only 3 of which are actually talking about the transmission. I don't think that having a new thread really hurts the search, as the search returns a ton of results that are irrelevant to the search itself.

Now on the other hand if I bought a Focus two weeks ago and I heard it make a transmission noise, and I came here, it would be refreshing to see a post on the front page concerning the transmission, and maybe even having the same problem as I am.

Please do not misunderstand me, I'm all for having a stickied thread where this can all be discussed as a replacement for making new threads. As long as Ford sees it. But until a thread on this matter is stickied, new threads are a good way to make this problem known and hopefully addressed.

I knew going into that analogy that someone was going to poke at it

Old 09-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #46
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
Now on the other hand if I bought a Focus two weeks ago and I heard it make a transmission noise, and I came here, it would be refreshing to see a post on the front page concerning the transmission, and maybe even having the same problem as I am.
If someone is looking for information on transmission noise, they are likely going to do a search, not just browse. Someone Googling "Focus DCT issues" is going to find the thread with the largest number of references to that search, such as the thread "DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread", which contains 127 pages on the subject, not this one, which contains only 4 pages on the subject.

Go ahead and try the Google search and see what happens. That's all I have to say about the matter.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

In case you skipped that part twice, I am in agreement that a central thread should be stickied that pertains to the grinding noise that a lot of people are having. 127 pages on the DCT issues thread with no sticky. How do I request a sticky for betadnb's thread?

Edit: Contributing to the thread some more, here is an article written over at lemonlaw.com addressing the transmission issues: http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/fo...ssion-problem/

Disregard the rollback issue obviously since 12B37 fixed that.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #48
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
In case you skipped that part twice, I am in agreement that a central thread should be stickied that pertains to the grinding noise that a lot of people are having. 127 pages on the DCT issues thread with no sticky. How do I request a sticky for betadnb's thread?
No, I "hear" you, I just like to go on sometimes...

You could request the sticky from a moderator, but I'm not sure the best way of finding them. I think they all have red names on the site. Maybe you could do a Google search! LOL j/k.
Hatch Nation #90

Old 09-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #49
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
No, I "hear" you, I just like to go on sometimes...

You could request the sticky from a moderator, but I'm not sure the best way of finding them. I think they all have red names on the site. Maybe you could do a Google search! LOL j/k.
Ha! You silly goose! On other forums I've seen a little button that says "request this thread for a sticky" but I don't see it here. I have to leave for work now, but I'll see about PM'ing some moderators when I get home if it hasn't already been stickied by then. After it does get a sticky I'll copy my story over into there and I'll only post there from now on until I get it fixed (or get another car if it comes to that :( )

Old 09-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #50
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Jeez! This has certainly caused some debate. Look, I hear you it should have a better subject name. It's named that because when I wrote my first thread it's how I felt... and really still how I feel. I don't understand why people who don't care to read about the problems take the time to go back and forth on the thread? If you love your car then by all means go ahead and love it. I'd love it too if it worked properly... and for those who keep getting the run around I hope I can help you with my video and let you know that you are not the only one experiencing the problem.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks