Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 140 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1391
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Don't forget to ask for diminished value if it is available. If your car is being repaired by a reputable body shop, it should be as good as new. I'd keep it.
Car will be ready tomorrow. I will report back in a week or 2 with it's status.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #1392
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

[QUOTE=B-lou;4351920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
Maybe or maybe not.[/QUOTE
So you are saying that it would be ok with you that you purchased a brand new car and it had serious transmission issues starting within the first week and power steering failures and could not lock car because alarm would go off and hood open alarm going off everyday and sd card fault with touch screen going blank and mph meter going nuts.....all of this would be ok even with the inconvienence of taking it back to 2 different dealers numerous times and not one thing being fixed and finally getting to the point your wife refused to drive it anymore all of this would still be ok cause if it is you are a true ford finatic....B-lou
Woe to the poor guy who ends up with this nightmare!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #1393
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Even though we had major issues with ours, when you get you car back if it looks good (repaired by a reputable shop) and runs good with no issues I would keep it cause you are going to take a large monetary hit if you sell or trade it.......B-lou
Allstate Insurance warrants all accident related issues for the life of the car. You just have to prove your problems are accident related. I've been told this is a rather involved process. You pay for the problem and hopefully you get your money back.
I guess I will drive the car for a while and if it doesn't start doing quirky things I'll delay dumping it.
Time will tell.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #1394
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Even though we had major issues with ours, when you get you car back if it looks good (repaired by a reputable shop) and runs good with no issues I would keep it cause you are going to take a large monetary hit if you sell or trade it.......B-lou
I lost about $3,200.00 trading in my Focus. I no longer have to put up with the trans noises, sloppy shifting, safety issues and the bulls**t from Ford. It was worth it. I now drive worry free.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #1395
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Ford sells WAY more Focuses than there are people complaining about them.

B-Lou, I'm so confused as to why you bought the Focus in the first place?
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #1396
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
So you are saying that it would be ok with you that you purchased a brand new car and it had serious transmission issues starting within the first week and power steering failures and could not lock car because alarm would go off and hood open alarm going off everyday and sd card fault with touch screen going blank and mph meter going nuts.....all of this would be ok even with the inconvienence of taking it back to 2 different dealers numerous times and not one thing being fixed and finally getting to the point your wife refused to drive it anymore all of this would still be ok cause if it is you are a true ford finatic....B-lou
B-lou, I realize you came here to complain. That's fine. I've never had a problem with a car that I was unable to address myself or have fixed. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #1397
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
I did not put words in your mouth you did that yourself and I did not come here to complain I came here to warn people.....B-lou
Consider us warned. We plan to keep our Focus and will continue to enjoy it.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #1398
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Problems of all kinds are inherent in every vehicle ever produced. As a human with a brain, you should be aware that by buying a vehicle, you are taking a risk.

There are plenty of people who had the same kind of Focus that you had who have not seen the same issues. Did you ever try going to a different dealership for service? Or did you ever attempt to pursue the appropriate process for your state's lemon laws?

It sounds to me like you got frustrated, unloaded the car, and are lashing out the members here and Ford itself without really having tried the alternative channels to fix or replace your Focus.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #1399
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

You got rearended by someone who wasn't paying attention and this is the car's fault?

You have got to be kidding me...

It's too bad you were in an accident but this was certainly not the car's fault. Place the blame were you want but I see no fault in the car here.

Enjoy your new whatever you're driving because I'm sure it's not as good as a Focus.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #1400
Cult Hero
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103788
What I Drive: Chevrolet Corsa

FF Reputation: 1 Cult Hero Good Standing Member
I really don't know why people come here to complain about the people who complain. The thread is called "Issues with new 2012 ford focus", this is the place to complain and share concerns about the car.

I don't own a focus, but I like the looks of it a lot, I want to get one, but first I want to know more about the car, so for me, people like B-lou is very helpful.

If I wanted to read good stuff about the car I would go to any other thread like the 100% ooh hoo or something, which I do too by the way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks