Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 139 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #1381
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Gtncpa replied that his car "free wheels" when he lets off on the gas. As stated above, mine does not. Do the rest of your cars "coast" also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #1382
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
Gtncpa replied that his car "free wheels" when he lets off on the gas. As stated above, mine does not. Do the rest of your cars "coast" also?
Mine used to coast, that is before I smacked into the side of another car!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #1383
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
I went to my dealership today to discuss a problem that involved my original purchase. I think that has been solved. While there, I asked the General Manager of the dealership if any progress was being made to FIX these trans problems. He made a call on speaker phone and the person on the other end said there was a fix coming out, maybe by the end on the month. He acknowledged that even people that got new clutches could still be having problems. He said owners would be notified........
So, Thomas, our Ford watchperson, is this true and will we finally get our cars fixed, or will Focus owners have to stage a revolution? My numbers, vin, dealer by PM depend on your answer.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #1384
RFrench6646
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101073
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Sonic Blue, Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 RFrench6646 Good Standing Member
Haven't posted in a while. But I've been reading all the latest on the DCT issues. It sure sounds like Ford had better be paying attention to all these threads! I see a lengthy list of issues, mostly all in the same category of shuddering, and erratic shifts. If there starts to be a failure pattern in these trannys, there will be a plethora of info to draw upon here to get a lemon law recall started!

As for my Focus, I just broke the 8000 mile mark. My Avg MPG has been 35. My shifts are still about 98% accurate. I have noticed a couple of shuddering instances, where before I had said that it had stopped doing that. They haven't been all that bad, just a mild shake briefly, on roll off from a stop light. And they only appear after the temperature is above 90 deg F outside, and the car is up to full operating temp.

Overall though I still love this car. I am now trying to work out a few bugs in the Sony MFT system. But that's for a different thread.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #1385
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

The only thing that bothers me, should I ever get my Focus back on the road, is my trans performed flawlessly. What would any update do for me?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #1386
BillyKeith
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90032
What I Drive: 2010 white suede SE

FF Reputation: 1 BillyKeith Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrench6646 View Post
Haven't posted in a while. But I've been reading all the latest on the DCT issues. It sure sounds like Ford had better be paying attention to all these threads! I see a lengthy list of issues, mostly all in the same category of shuddering, and erratic shifts. If there starts to be a failure pattern in these trannys, there will be a plethora of info to draw upon here to get a lemon law recall started!

As for my Focus, I just broke the 8000 mile mark. My Avg MPG has been 35. My shifts are still about 98% accurate. I have noticed a couple of shuddering instances, where before I had said that it had stopped doing that. They haven't been all that bad, just a mild shake briefly, on roll off from a stop light. And they only appear after the temperature is above 90 deg F outside, and the car is up to full operating temp.

Overall though I still love this car. I am now trying to work out a few bugs in the Sony MFT system. But that's for a different thread.
My wife owns 2012 Focus SE hatchback, about 7800 miles on it. Few months ago I took it in when we received the TSB 12B37 and had the recall service done on the DCT. It seemed to help a little at first but the car darn near stalls when taking off from a stop. And the shuddering and bucking seems to be a little worse in stop & go city driving. I'm wondering if we should have the dealer do the DCT "relearn" again? She loves the car but is getting rather paranoid about the hesitation from a stop. Anyone with tech knowledge have any advice?
Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #1387
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
I really hope ford finds a fix for the transmission issues along with all the other issues they are having with the focus.....we parked our 2012 cause wife was scared to drive it then traded for about a 6 grand loss...I hope no one else has to go through all that...it seemed like everytime we took it to the dealer they made the problems worse.....it still amazes me that a company like FMC could continue to sell cars with known issues and some of the issues safety issues and if ford does not think they have a major problem this one thread alone has almost 1400 posts along with 2 other threads one with over 1100 post and the other with over 650 posts all talking about issues with the ford focus....it is only a matter of time before something major happens and ford is forced to recall these cars......B-lou
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Our Focus has been perfect - and I bought it used with less than 800 miles on it for a terrific price.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #1388
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I really hope ford finds a fix for the transmission issues along with all the other issues they are having with the focus.....we parked our 2012 cause wife was scared to drive it then traded for about a 6 grand loss...I hope no one else has to go through all that...it seemed like everytime we took it to the dealer they made the problems worse.....it still amazes me that a company like FMC could continue to sell cars with known issues and some of the issues safety issues and if ford does not think they have a major problem this one thread alone has almost 1400 posts along with 2 other threads one with over 1100 post and the other with over 650 posts all talking about issues with the ford focus....it is only a matter of time before something major happens and ford is forced to recall these cars......B-lou
Geez! I wonder what I'll get for my Focus. When I get it back from the body shop I expect to get rid of it. $7000 of collision damages does not turn me on. Damage is mostly cosmetic, but, who knows what lurks under the hood!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #1389
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
Geez! I wonder what I'll get for my Focus. When I get it back from the body shop I expect to get rid of it. $7000 of collision damages does not turn me on. Damage is mostly cosmetic, but, who knows what lurks under the hood!!!
Don't forget to ask for diminished value if it is available. If your car is being repaired by a reputable body shop, it should be as good as new. I'd keep it.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #1390
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I am glad your focus is perfect and hope it stays that way but if you were to drive our focus (or the one we used to own)for a couple of weeks you would be as mad at FMC as we are...B-lou
Maybe or maybe not.

Bookmarks & Social Networks