Nothing but problems pt2 - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102678
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 jagreene Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
Be prepared for the "normal" noise answer! Mine does this and no matter what all I get is "this is normal". They claim to have spoken with Ford and they claim all is well! Heck they even called me and told me to just put it in sport mode and drive it hard! They claim the noise will still be there but I simply will no longer hear it. I really wish I was kidding about this. Mine is not as bad as yours, but definitely the same noise. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Well, I am in the waiting room at the dealer. The transmission tech did give me the it's a manual transmission speech but he did admit that the noise in my car is louder than he's heard before. (and it's been quiet today ha!) To be honest I dont think anyone here really knows what to say to me. Ford has no idea how to fix this car or they would just do it to shut me up. I'm hoping they give me a rental and keep the car as it feels very unsafe at this point... Sad part is Im almost positive it won't matter anyway.( I don't think a fix is soon to be found) but a few days in a car that doesnt shake, grind, and jut forward would be a nice change.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Well, I am in the waiting room at the dealer. The transmission tech did give me the it's a manual transmission speech but he did admit that the noise in my car is louder than he's heard before. (and it's been quiet today ha!) To be honest I dont think anyone here really knows what to say to me. Ford has no idea how to fix this car or they would just do it to shut me up. I'm hoping they give me a rental and keep the car as it feels very unsafe at this point... Sad part is Im almost positive it won't matter anyway.( I don't think a fix is soon to be found) but a few days in a car that doesnt shake, grind, and jut forward would be a nice change.
I hope they keep it and tear it down. This noise cannot be normal. I mean hello if they rent you a car get a 2012 Focus and try it. I'd bet you that is is quite! I have driven several others and they are quite. I feel your frustration, seems we can't get any resolve and Ford just wants to skirt the issue.

Hey just put it in sport mode and drive the heel out of it! I hear from Ford that will make it all better!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #23
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I don't understand why they just don't drop an entirely new unit in instead of tearing it down over and over.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #24
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
I don't understand why they just don't drop an entirely new unit in instead of tearing it down over and over.
Because they are not tearing it apart. They are not doing anything. They are driving it and saying the noise is normal operation. They are not fixing anything at all. Deny, deny, deny until they die is the motto!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #25
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpartmgr View Post
I hope they keep it and tear it down. This noise cannot be normal. I mean hello if they rent you a car get a 2012 Focus and try it. I'd bet you that is is quite! I have driven several others and they are quite. I feel your frustration, seems we can't get any resolve and Ford just wants to skirt the issue.

Hey just put it in sport mode and drive the heel out of it! I hear from Ford that will make it all better!
Ha! The transmission guy did say it may be because I don't drive it "hard" enough. Also, I must note though the rental I have (also a 2012 focus manufactured in march of '11) is making the noise as well. It's much quieter than my car, thank god, but it is shaky and definitely has the exact same noise. Makes me wonder if all of them have this problem just at different times.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Okay guys, just for you I made my own video on my way home today. Starting off from a stoplight all the way through 60mph. The key is there are NO SOUNDS at all. Very smooth. BTW, my car has about 2,600 miles on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmLC_4Fg1k

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
Okay guys, just for you I made my own video on my way home today. Starting off from a stoplight all the way through 60mph. The key is there are NO SOUNDS at all. Very smooth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmLC_4Fg1k
Man I really hope your transmission stays quiet, but mine was dead quiet until about 3500 miles. Up to that point I couldn't even hear it with the windows down in a parking garage, but after 3500 miles I started noticing some grinding noises while shifting between first and second.

Now, with almost 6000 miles on it, the grinding is very pronounced, although not as bad as what the OP is experiencing.

It is 110% BS when they say the noise is normal. First off, my DCT was dead quiet for a few thousand miles. Second, nothing mechanical can make that kind of noise and last. It's obvious that things are not meshing properly. Does anyone really believe that a manual transmission would last 100,000 miles if someone ground the gears every time they shifted between first and second?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #28
ohnoy2k
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97037
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White SEL Hatch w/DCT

FF Reputation: 1 ohnoy2k Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreene View Post
Ha! The transmission guy did say it may be because I don't drive it "hard" enough. Also, I must note though the rental I have (also a 2012 focus manufactured in march of '11) is making the noise as well. It's much quieter than my car, thank god, but it is shaky and definitely has the exact same noise. Makes me wonder if all of them have this problem just at different times.
Don't listen to the guy. Every time I drive my car I drive it hard and it makes the noise.

Sent from my MB860 using FF Mobile

Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #29
jagreene
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememo View Post
Man I really hope your transmission stays quiet, but mine was dead quiet until about 3500 miles. Up to that point I couldn't even hear it with the windows down in a parking garage, but after 3500 miles I started noticing some grinding noises while shifting between first and second.

Now, with almost 6000 miles on it, the grinding is very pronounced, although not as bad as what the OP is experiencing.

It is 110% BS when they say the noise is normal. First off, my DCT was dead quiet for a few thousand miles. Second, nothing mechanical can make that kind of noise and last. It's obvious that things are not meshing properly. Does anyone really believe that a manual transmission would last 100,000 miles if someone ground the gears every time they shifted between first and second?

I couldn't agree more. The car does not shift right (at least mine doesn't) and it's only a matter of time before it destroys itself. Ford will have a huge problem on their hands when that happens. I wish it didn't have to come to that. Enough of us have complained to our dealers, then to Ford corporate... and I'm sorry but their Customer Care people were HORRIBLE. They told me they basically didn't care and when I asked for a manager... there was
apparently no one above the Customer Care people. Sounded bogus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoy2k View Post
Don't listen to the guy. Every time I drive my car I drive it hard and it makes the noise.

Sent from my MB860 using FF Mobile
Good to know! It almost seems unreal that you could bring your car in with a problem and the company says to "drive it harder and maybe you won't hear the noise." You have to laugh sometimes... because this situation is a drain otherwise.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Where is "Misfire" now? He sure was quick to respond to you in a public forum and acted like he wanted to "make things right"... but in the end, he has to spew the same dealership rhetoric (that Ford feeds them to say).... since they are providing his paycheque. I mean, I'm not faulting him, really, if he was honest in this forum, it could be held against him by his employer later. I just love how the service writers will smile and say anything to make you go away (and hope you give a good survey review later), but really, they don't have the answers and quite frankly don't give a rat's *ss about you or I. (I'm sure they take a LOT of abuse by irate customers, so, my hat is off to them for smiling, when they can)
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks