Steering Rack Issue - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe77 View Post
I have a question: My car has been at the dealer for 2 weeks now due to a minor accident which caused some body damage and tire/struts on one side, plus the steering rack...

The dealer told me the steering rack is on national backorder and cant give me a time frame for it. Has anyone else have this problem?
They are on national back-order, but the parts are still available from different areas. Please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer name; I'll have your Customer Service Manager look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthrj View Post
Had the power steering rack replaced on my 2012 Focus back in May of this year before Ford bought my car back. Here's the thread concerning the power steering failures: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269983

...As I can't see the rest of that TSB, I believe the official resolution was to replace the steering rack like they did on my vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
This is why the steering is on back order:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282053

...It took 6 weeks for them to get me a new steering rack, and they had to get it from CANADA because it is so back-ordered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmfocus View Post
your looking at a 3 to 6 week wait ,unfortunately your dealer can't tell when your parts are going to arrive until they get them(the status in computer doesn't change until the dealer gets parts) think they ship direct from manufacturer
Thanks for going into detail; I'll make sure joe77 is taken care of!

Quote:
I see you are from Staten Island, a fellow new yorker! I'm from BK...did you buy your focus at Dana Ford?
Quote:
Bay Ridge Ford
Quote:
...If you read the steering issue thread I posted earlier, the last 2-3 pages details the issues I had with them. They replaced my steering rack and then did not do the alignment correctly. They started to argue with me about how they shouldn't have taken my car in to fix because they are in the process of changing locations of the service department.
Quote:
...The sales experience was great and the service so far has been ok, but I hate leaving messages and not receiving an answer...

The few reasons I chose Ford was 1. I wanted to buy an American car for once 2. I liked the car 3. The Ford customer service people interaction on this site. I see Thomas was a big help. Ill visit the service early this week again since they dont like returning calls and giving me a straight answer...
I see you two are long lost neighbors! Some Guy From NY, how is your Focus handling so far? Thanks for the name drop, joe77.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
joe77
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103302
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 joe77 Good Standing Member
Thank you so much. I sent you all my info.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
I see you two are long lost neighbors! Some Guy From NY, how is your Focus handling so far? Thanks for the name drop, joe77.

Thomas
So far so good!

However, I think the rear view mirror still droops. I don't have the time to let them look at it again and to replace it. For now I will live with it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->