Ford cargo tray and 18" wheels - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #21
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You are so right Brabs_ Weather! Thankyou for that. When it started to look like the tray didn't fit I checked with the dealer. They confirmed that the part number is correct. If there were notes dealer didn't mention any. This issue aside I didn't know my Ti has a full size spare. But the dealer only asked me whether my Focus was a sedan or hatch. I will pay them a visit tomorrow with a print out of the web page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
Brabs_Weather
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93741
What I Drive: 04 Ex Ltd, 08 Edge Ltd, 12 FF Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Brabs_Weather Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
You are so right Brabs_ Weather! Thankyou for that. When it started to look like the tray didn't fit I checked with the dealer. They confirmed that the part number is correct. If there were notes dealer didn't mention any. This issue aside I didn't know my Ti has a full size spare. But the dealer only asked me whether my Focus was a sedan or hatch. I will pay them a visit tomorrow with a print out of the web page.
Sorry for your experience. FWIW i believe all the 18" come with full spare, look at your window sticker under optional Equipment. Should be located under the 18"Alloy Wheels and or Sport Suspension.

Cheers....
Borla Exhaust with UltraQuiet resonator
K&N X-4870. Steeda RSB
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Brabs_Weather thank you very much for your help. I bought my new 2012 Focus on a whim. I am a partner and co-inventor in a new technology we are launching. I had just received the results of tests which far exceeded expectations and decided to check out the Focus. I had been impressed with the direction Ford had taken in terms of design and quality since Alan Mulhally took over as CEO. I have also long been a critic of the lack of quality in domestic cars that was driving sales of imported luxury cars, in particular German and Japanese cars. When I test drove a Titanium I was totally blown away. I decided right then and there that I was going to celebrate by buying a Ford. One of my complaints was that I wanted more options than Ford offered including some that were offered on other Ford models. The choice in Ford Focus accessories is also limited. I started buying those that were available including the cargo tray. This is when things started to go sideways. It would have been so simple and easy when I contacted Ford customer service in Canada had they checked the VIN I provided and told me my problem was probably related to the 18" wheels. BTW, it looks like our Foci are very similar. I also got the sport suspension and other sport options which makes me wonder why there isn't a Titanium S option. The single exhaust pipe on a fully loaded Ti sucks. Why does Ford have duals on every other model? The black pan is a separate part. So I can probaby swap out an ST pan and exhaust pipe assembly. Hopefully I will resolve the cargo tray issue today and get on with enjoying my Focus. Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #24
Browningguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94520
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Browningguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Since Ford represents that their Genuine Ford Parts Fit Perfectly they potentially had a case of misrepresentation, a fairly serious matter.

The problem is that if this is the case Ford never bothered to tell anyone, an even worse case of misrepresentation.

I am ready to file a complaint against the Ford Motor Company, its officers and directors on behalf of every Focus owner with 18" wheels with the US FTC.
Just return it to your dealer for a refund.

And good luck finding a lawyer to take this as a case of "misrepresentation". I know lawyers are normally a bunch of greedy schmucks ready to sue anyone at the drop of a hat but this would be a stretch for even the most experienced ambulance chaser.

I wish I had nothing better to do with my time than to whine about such a minor and simple to resolve issue.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #25
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browningguy View Post
Just return it to your dealer for a refund.

And good luck finding a lawyer to take this as a case of "misrepresentation". I know lawyers are normally a bunch of greedy schmucks ready to sue anyone at the drop of a hat but this would be a stretch for even the most experienced ambulance chaser.

I wish I had nothing better to do with my time than to whine about such a minor and simple to resolve issue.
He has said numerous times how he does not have the box anymore and they will not take it back.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #26
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Minor issue? Attitudes like your is in my opinion a good part of why US unemployment numbers are staying up there. I played a role, along with many other talented people, in the rise of Whistler from obscurity to a world class resort. Like building cars, anyone can build a resort. But what we did at Whistler was to be better than anyone else, including Americans, at serving our 'guests'. We took the position that no matter what our occupation we all worked in tourism. The entire community became ambassadors and salespersons for Whistler. We didn't wait for visitors to have a problem before we acted, we took proactive steps to make sure they never experienced problems and that their stay as our 'guests' was better than their experience at our competition's resorts. Most important, we were all proud of what we had built what we individually did. We left US resorts like Vail and Aspen in the dust and it wasn't even hard. Alan Muhally is doing a great job turning Ford around and bringing back the prestige of Made in America quality. America will never be a great nation again until American workers start taking pride in what they do. And that means every employee at companies like Ford has to embrace the concept that they are customer representatives and salespersons instead of taking the position that providing customer service isn't their job. If you want to help your fellow Americans get back to work start holding Ford's ass to the fire when they drop the ball. And this means getting the facts straight before you start making inane comments.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #27
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Minor issue? Attitudes like your is in my opinion a good part of why US unemployment numbers are staying up there. I played a role, along with many other talented people, in the rise of Whistler from obscurity to a world class resort. Like building cars, anyone can build a resort. But what we did at Whistler was to be better than anyone else, including Americans, at serving our 'guests'. We took the position that no matter what our occupation we all worked in tourism. The entire community became ambassadors and salespersons for Whistler. We didn't wait for visitors to have a problem before we acted, we took proactive steps to make sure they never experienced problems and that their stay as our 'guests' was better than their experience at our competition's resorts. Most important, we were all proud of what we had built what we individually did. We left US resorts like Vail and Aspen in the dust and it wasn't even hard. Alan Muhally is doing a great job turning Ford around and bringing back the prestige of Made in America quality. America will never be a great nation again until American workers start taking pride in what they do. And that means every employee at companies like Ford has to embrace the concept that they are customer representatives and salespersons instead of taking the position that providing customer service isn't their job. If you want to help your fellow Americans get back to work start holding Ford's ass to the fire when they drop the ball. And this means getting the facts straight before you start making inane comments.
This is easily the most off base and absurd rant I have heard in a while, which itself is shocking since this is the Internet.

This is Focus Fanatics, not NPR

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #28
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Like I said, you don't get it and never will.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #29
CajunR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97246
What I Drive: 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100

FF Reputation: 5 CajunR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
...This is easily the most off base and absurd rant I have heard in a while, which itself is shocking since this is the Internet.

This is also one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while.
I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #30
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Like I said, you don't get it and never will.
I don't get that you've been off your meds for a while and have gone back to being 100% crazy?

Do they let you keep the tin foil hat while you are institutionalized?

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!

Bookmarks & Social Networks