Mods on the new ST - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > ST EcoBoost Performance (2013)

ST EcoBoost Performance (2013) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #61
sctrooperlx
Salmontheotherpinkmt

Fan#: 48170
What I Drive: 2003 infra-red svt/07 Shelby GT-500

FF Reputation: 2 sctrooperlx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Tint,painted calipers,Cai, tune, exhaust, as the parts come AVAILABLE...
Gumpcrew#12
I live with fear and sometimes she lets me drive her SVTF!
"i <3 my wife's & gf's (.)(.)". HA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #62
yellowfocusstman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103626
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 yellowfocusstman Good Standing Member
ST offset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball40dtw View Post
5x108. I don't know the offset, but tire rack does.
+55 according to the ST insert with the manual.
Moonroof
Window Tint
Old 09-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #63
yellowfocusstman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103626
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 yellowfocusstman Good Standing Member
I already got my first rock chip driving to San Antonio...I knew it would happen sooner or later. I've also scraped underneath the bumper pulling into a restaurant with a steep entrance. doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanAJ View Post
First mod for all owners should be the invisible car bra placed on the front half of their car so you will not have rock chips! Plus a good detail to start protecting the paint.
Moonroof
Window Tint
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #64
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i think helping it breath better, exhaust, maybe ignition. depending on the stock turbo maybe change it out with one that might be able to do a little more with in the same range as the stock turbo.

i dont see why ford or any other company would produce a car that is already pushing its limits unless it was just something like fuel managment or a gasket. they would know that the group of people the car is being sold to would only want more from it and ford could only profit from it by producing their own upgrades for it.
just takes time for parts to come out.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #65
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanzx5 View Post
i think helping it breath better, exhaust, maybe ignition. depending on the stock turbo maybe change it out with one that might be able to do a little more with in the same range as the stock turbo.

i dont see why ford or any other company would produce a car that is already pushing its limits unless it was just something like fuel managment or a gasket. they would know that the group of people the car is being sold to would only want more from it and ford could only profit from it by producing their own upgrades for it.
just takes time for parts to come out.
Wheres the Torsen? Come on FRPP's.
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #66
sk8parker94
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103961
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White ST

FF Reputation: 1 sk8parker94 Good Standing Member
I want to put on some bolt on's, but Torrie from unleashed performance said on another forum that without a good tune, bolt ons wont yield much gain in hp or tq, so I'm probably going to give in and get the tune.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #67
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8parker94 View Post
I want to put on some bolt on's, but Torrie from unleashed performance said on another forum that without a good tune, bolt ons wont yield much gain in hp or tq, so I'm probably going to give in and get the tune.
steeda's intake that is still is testing has got 10hp and about 19 tq if i remember right. not bad gains for a simple intake. that with an exhaust would yeild around 20-30hp gain with similar tq gains. crosworth is most likely gonna come out with some parts seeing as to how they took part in a focus st that is gonna be at the sema show.

going from 230-240 hp stock to 250-260 from an intake and exhaust isnt a bad deal. match that with a tune and you could be close to 300 but like tom has said that turbo is holding the car back. takes a gaint drop right at the peak. a slightly bigger turbo would take untill 3000-3500 to spool up but would give better results with the right tune and breathe easy mods.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #68
SVTF4243
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4068
What I Drive: SVT 2002

FF Reputation: 11 SVTF4243 Great Standing Member
First thing is a rear mount, catch-can, BBS CF wheels, tint.
Tune eventually
SHOW :: Lights tint | Calipers Painted| Graphite colored wheels| Back up Cam | Window Tint

Last edited by SVTF4243; 12-22-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #69
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Not sure why people think the ST will be maxed out as it is , would be no problem to add 30-40 with a tune , few more mods and another 20HP , engine build and 200-300 more HP

Tom
So from what I'm seeing your talking at least 900 to do it correctly (tuner and dyno time), if sct or diablosport even come out with a base tune, just to get 30-40hp.
then an unknown amount for unknown parts to get another 20hp plus additional tuning costs (if said parts even appear on the market).
engine build? lets not even go into those costs and the associated turbo and parts upgrades costs.

becomes pretty cost prohibitive pretty quick to alot of these guys to do anything with these cars, other than the old tint, wheels, springs, and maybe exhaust thing.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #70
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinloco1 View Post
So from what I'm seeing your talking at least 900 to do it correctly (tuner and dyno time), if sct or diablosport even come out with a base tune, just to get 30-40hp.
then an unknown amount for unknown parts to get another 20hp plus additional tuning costs (if said parts even appear on the market).
engine build? lets not even go into those costs and the associated turbo and parts upgrades costs.

becomes pretty cost prohibitive pretty quick to alot of these guys to do anything with these cars, other than the old tint, wheels, springs, and maybe exhaust thing.
changing out the turbo for a slightly bigger one could gain a lot for you. as tom has pointed out with such a small turbo with a quick spool its peaking early but then has a nasty drop off right at the peak. a turbo that takes until 3500 rpms might lose a little bottom end power but the power band would be better across the board.
also tom said he is gonna be offering tuning for it so im sure he will do it the same as he does the other focus. charge you once and retune everytime you add another part or change something out for no extra cost.
steeda has an air intake in the pre production stages that is showing gains of about 10hp and i dont remember tq numbers. a turbo back exhaust would most likely yeild another 15-20hp.

so a tune to gain 30-40 hp, intake to gain 10 and exhaust to gain 15-20. thats 55-70 hp gain right there. lightweight flywheel and a better clutch to help put the power to the ground and you could have a 300+hp focus st.

Last edited by alaskanzx5; 10-18-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks