2012 Focus SEL Nav upgrade? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Mithan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103619
What I Drive: Toyota Echo

FF Reputation: 1 Mithan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Focus SEL Nav upgrade?

I was at the dealership today looking at a 2012 Focus SEL with MyTouch but it doesn't have navigation.

The entire POINT IMO to getting a car with a nice screen in it like this IS the damn navigation, else why not just get the regular SE and save $3-5k overall? I don't need a 8" LCD for changing the AC/Radio or BlueTooth.

Anyways, the car salesman called the garage and they told him that right now it can't be done but that Ford is working on a Navigation upgrade, but that it would go for about $800 or so (which is fine by me).

Has anybody else heard this?

If I knew this for FACT, I would purchase the 2012 Focus SEL I was looking at today, but otherwise, there is no point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
BULL*

Don't believe a single lying word that comes out of their mouths. I was told a year and a half ago I could upgrade too, and I still have no Nav. When I pre-ordered the car the *only* thing I demanded the car had was full navigation system. The dealership screwed me over and left me with a car without the Nav system. I was told time and time again that adding it would be possible soon...

...and here we are a year and a half later and every Ford tech is still saying it's not possible. I've been working on doing it myself, but Ford is being *COMPLETELY* unhelpful in the entire situation. They won't even give me part numbers for any of the modules in the car, so I've had to get them from others with the car.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
Mithan
Focus Rookie

Well that is stupid.

You would think they would release a press statement or something.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
TuxedoBlack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103040
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 TuxedoBlack Good Standing Member
I got a used 2012 SE that was pretty barebone (didn't even have navigation or SYNC). The dealer sweetened the pot in me getting the car by throwing in an aftermarket Alpine blue tooth navigation unit. They had it built into the dash and it is absolutely AMAZING. My only issue is that its not yet integrated with the steering wheel, but I will be getting that done in about a week. If you truly want Navigation, i would advise you go that route and just get a lower model SE and have the dealership or some other shop throw in an integrated nav system for like 1k more.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Mithan
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoBlack View Post
I got a used 2012 SE that was pretty barebone (didn't even have navigation or SYNC). The dealer sweetened the pot in me getting the car by throwing in an aftermarket Alpine blue tooth navigation unit. They had it built into the dash and it is absolutely AMAZING. My only issue is that its not yet integrated with the steering wheel, but I will be getting that done in about a week. If you truly want Navigation, i would advise you go that route and just get a lower model SE and have the dealership or some other shop throw in an integrated nav system for like 1k more.

Problem is, I like the Leather, heated seats and all the other features in the SEL version. The one I found has everything I want, except the Navigation. It feels like what a car should feel like in 2013.

Do you have pictures though of your interior?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
TuxedoBlack
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103040
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 TuxedoBlack Good Standing Member
I took this at night, so pardon the glare:

Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
Burns098356GX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94777
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Burns098356GX Good Standing Member
Weren't they coming up with some feature in MFT that allowed google maps to be displayed on the cars screen via blutooth on your phone?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns098356GX View Post
Weren't they coming up with some feature in MFT that allowed google maps to be displayed on the cars screen via blutooth on your phone?
Also not true. Why would they add a feature like that? There's no incentive for Ford to do it.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Also not true. Why would they add a feature like that? There's no incentive for Ford to do it.
It would run through app links or even AirPlay with Apple devices.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!

Bookmarks & Social Networks