Airbag Light Flashing - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
anniegetyourgun
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103609
What I Drive: 2004 Grey Zetec 1.6 Automatic

FF Reputation: 1 anniegetyourgun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Airbag Light Flashing

I have a 2004 1.6 Zectec Automatic, and the airbag light is flashing. It flashes 4 then 2, and understand this means a code 42. I can't find what code 42 means, have found on here code 44 and code 41, but not 42.

My car is going in for it's MOT on Monday, and will fail because of the flashing light. I have not had an accident. Is this fault due to the wire under the driver seat? As the only thing I have done is give the car a good clean.

Woman driver, so I've no idea if this will cost a bomb to get fixed, or is it something very simple like a wire becoming disconnected? Do I have to take to a Ford Dealer?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you all

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
MEJY1988
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101883
What I Drive: 2006 Burgandy ZX5

Points 159, Level 3
Points: 159, Level: 3 Points: 159, Level: 3 Points: 159, Level: 3
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 MEJY1988 Good Standing Member
See if this helps: http://www.ehow.com/list_7652177_air...des-fords.html.

Good Luck.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
anniegetyourgun
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103609
What I Drive: 2004 Grey Zetec 1.6 Automatic

FF Reputation: 1 anniegetyourgun Good Standing Member
Thanks for the link.

The link states that code 42 says that the 'left radiator primary crash sensor feed/return circuit is open'.

Can anyone put that into simple english for me as I haven't a clue what that means, or where the sensor is located.

Many thanks.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
MEJY1988
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101883
What I Drive: 2006 Burgandy ZX5

Points 159, Level 3
Points: 159, Level: 3 Points: 159, Level: 3 Points: 159, Level: 3
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 MEJY1988 Good Standing Member
Not sure if I am 100% correct, but my interpretation would be that there is a sensor located on/around the left side of the radiator, as view from the drivers seat. Find the sensor and check the plug and wires running to it. As always when working on the SRS, disable it first.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
if you reconnect the sensor, say it just a broken wire or loose connector there is a good chance the airbag willl pop out so discharge the system, I just disconnect the battery for 1 hour, but I am told there are other ways.

it is under the header panel under where the Latch bolts to the header panel. ( the thing the headlights are bolted to )

At least that is where it is on my 07 focus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.