SYNC System Thread - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2012, 05:57 AM   #10
JoseC
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103567
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JoseC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Switching between Line In and USB

First, i want to thank everyone on this board for providing so much information about the new Focuses. I've had my new 2012 Focus SE for a week, and what I've read on these message boards was very helpful in making my decision.

I'm having a problem with the SYNC system, I've searched the forums (and the internet in general) and have found no information on this. I'm not sure if the best thing to do would be to start a new post or to add on to this thread, so my apologies if I'm doing this "wrong".

I've got the "basic" SYNC package, not MyFordTouch.
I finally (after 3 tries) got a portable hard drive formatted correctly (that is, FAT32, not NTFS or exFAT) and it has all my music on it. Voice control works great. So far working very smoothly.

I can plug in my tiny MP3 player (which I use for library audiobooks that have DRM) into the line-in and listen to that. From there, I can switch over to the USB and have my full music library available. However, when I try to switch back to the Line In *after* I have played music of the USB hard drive, the car tells me: "Line in is unavailable when a device is connected to USB".
To switch back to line in I have to open the center console and unplug the hard drive. It automatically switches back to line in. I can immediately plug the hard drive back in and the line in continues playing.

So, as the line in seems to work with a USB device connected, it seems like this is some kind of software glitch. Is this really the way this is supposed to behave? Has anyone else run across this? Any chance that there's an update out there that will fix this?

Thanks for all your help,
Joe

PS: is it just me, or, even though "shuff" appears all the time when playing music over USB, (Down the bottom, as a "tab" induiction of what the four buttons on the radio head do) there is no actual indication of if Shuffle is ON of OFF? Am I missing something?

Bookmarks & Social Networks