Bluetooth question - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
spazzboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99648
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 spazzboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thanks Kramer2K for explaining exactly what I've noticed on my end too.
Also, thanks for providing answers and keeping an eye on this thread, Jaclyn (FordIVTteam).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #32
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzboy View Post
Also, thanks for providing answers and keeping an eye on this thread, Jaclyn (FordIVTteam).
Anytime, spazzboy!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #33
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer2K View Post
What I'm wondering, as well as jpenns and DaeHanL, is why do we need to execute the voice command "Bluetooth Audio" every time we enter the car? Ours always defaults to "Line In," even though that was not the last audio source. I use Bluetooth Audio only. That's the source I activate when I enter the car, and then the car is shut off with it active. When I re-enter the car, "Line In" is active. I do not want this to happen.

It seems like a minor annoyance, but having to do it every single time does in fact become a nuisance.

Is there any fix for this in the pipeline? Does the SYNC team acknowledge or understand the problem we're describing? If the system would only default to the last used audio source, our issues would be gone.
PRECISELY! X2 Hit the nail on the head!

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #34
Kramer2K
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99894
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Kramer2K Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
You're very welcome, Kramer2K!

Engineering is aware and they're investigating some possibilities to correct this. As I obtain new information, I'll pass it along. Announcements will also be made here:

http://boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Stay tuned!

Jaclyn
Jaclyn, any news on this front? Has engineering passed along any pertinent updates for us?

I appreciate the link you provided. I perused the site a bit, but it's difficult to ascertain any useful information because it's a mishmash of varying models and Sync versions.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #35
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,125, Level 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer2K View Post
Jaclyn, any news on this front? Has engineering passed along any pertinent updates for us?

I appreciate the link you provided. I perused the site a bit, but it's difficult to ascertain any useful information because it's a mishmash of varying models and Sync versions.
I haven't heard anything yet, but as soon as I do, I'll be sure to pass it along.

The software levels can be confusing because they differ by model year as well as build date, but if you need any clarification, shoot me a PM and I'll look into it.

Jaclyn

Old 09-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #36
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
So, to follow up on this, if older model year cars with SYNC Gen 1 are getting 3.2.x, then why has there been zero updates for the 2012 Focus which has been out for over a year now? I can understand there being SOME differences, but this silence about OUR car has been annoying.

Edit: It was in October of 2011 that the press announcement went out about Gen 1 3.2.2 adding Bluetooth MAP support, yet new model cars with gen 1 got an older version, and have not seen a single update?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,125, Level 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
So, to follow up on this, if older model year cars with SYNC Gen 1 are getting 3.2.x, then why has there been zero updates for the 2012 Focus which has been out for over a year now? I can understand there being SOME differences, but this silence about OUR car has been annoying.

Edit: It was in October of 2011 that the press announcement went out about Gen 1 3.2.2 adding Bluetooth MAP support, yet new model cars with gen 1 got an older version, and have not seen a single update?
Our engineers are always working on system enhancements, but updates are released on an as needed basis. Availability depends on the vehicle line, model year, and build date. As new updates are released, announcements will be made here:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Stay tuned!

Jaclyn

Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #38
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Our engineers are always working on system enhancements, but updates are released on an as needed basis. Availability depends on the vehicle line, model year, and build date. As new updates are released, announcements will be made here:

http://Boards.SyncCommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Stay tuned!

Jaclyn
Wouldn't Bluetooth MAP support be considered a big thing? Ford seemed to think so since it was ANNOUNCED in October of 2011. Newer versions of the Focus without MyFord Touch are getting 3.2, so why not the 2012 model?

What does it take before something is considered to be "needed"? Technically, SYNC itself is not NEEDED, yet most of us paid to get the feature, so where is the line drawn? I've been VERY pro-Ford for years now, yet the lack of communication and lack of updates that I am seeing is rather...discouraging. Why should I need to keep watching a site that has not shown a single update in well over a year and it seems that many have had 3.1 since 2010.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #39
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
updates are released on an as needed basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
What does it take before something is considered to be "needed"? Technically, SYNC itself is not NEEDED, yet most of us paid to get the feature, so where is the line drawn?
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that when I read it as well. How perfectly vague.

So it is on an "as needed" basis yet Ford won't ever be forthcoming with information pertaining to what they deem is "as needed" and why the path forward is planned to work towards satisfying and fixing the "as needed" issues. Imagine a logical and sensible route forward, shared with owners, that not only states the plan but also the reason for that plan. Fixes in the works, models those fixes apply to, and the reason for prioritizing some fixes over others. Honestly and openess, what an insane concept. Instead Ford just continues to leave everyone in the dark to fiddle with their messed up system and speculate and hope for a fix.

I'm not talking about a minute-by-minute update on everything in the works at any given second. It is technology and it can be tricky. Yet anything is better than what we get now. There is SMR. There is Ford Social. They have our email addresses. A monthly update about what the hell is going on and the reason why it is going on is better than what we get now which is apparently nothing.

"as needed". Again, I don't know if I can think of a phrase that could be more vague than that. Well then again maybe there is something more vague than that, maybe an open ended phrase like "stay tuned". Oh, wait......
Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #40
Michaelc1220
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93834
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE hatchback Sport

FF Reputation: 2 Michaelc1220 Good Standing Member
My Iphone4 just says "bluetooth audio" as well

Bookmarks & Social Networks