ST content..... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
kwg2371
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82857
What I Drive: 03 screming yellow SVT #1841

Points 3,745, Level 38
Points: 3,745, Level: 38 Points: 3,745, Level: 38 Points: 3,745, Level: 38
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 kwg2371 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
ST content.....

well I got the phone call today, the first ST in my area came in off the truck so I went to go check it out.

when I got their it was still all in plastic getting ready for detail so I had to come back a little later in the day, after talking with the salesmen I quickly learend I knew more about this car than he did

so I gave him the break down of how I wanted to get my dad into the car since his warranty is about up on his fusion and we spent about an hr and 1/2 talking.

as we got more into the talk of sticker price he made it very clear they are not willing to budge on it since in his words its their bread and butter
as for incentives you basically get nothing other than discounted prices on oil changes/car detail work.

now as for test driving it me and my dad were not allowed to drive it, we were told a credit score and approval would have to go through first
before they would let us take it out on the street.

just to even sit in the thing I had to find the salesmen I spoke with on the phone so he would unlock it.

now as for the sticker price it was marked at $29,065 and the dealership added their own undercarriage rust protection and seat protection stuff which made the price jump to just over 30k

now I'm not one to normally complain but if your blowing 30k for a brand new car that has 3 miles on it you should be getting some sort of incentives for it other than just discounted maintenance

also while I was at the dealership this caught my eye

the C-max came in on the same truck as the ST lol

HatchNation #36
FF 13 best audio
FF 13 3rd place best in class SVT
FFW 13 best focus
FFW 13-14 best in class SVT
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The incentive for buying an ST is the engine, drivetrain, and suspension. I talked with my dealer about the ST they are supposed to be getting soon and I was told they are getting one. That is it, one.

Now reality says that not anyone can just walk in and drive it....if they did they would have everyone wanting a joy ride. It is just plain best to stay away from the ST unless you are prepared to buy it because it is one of those cars that you will just get stuck in your mind and your mind will eventually play all sorts of tricks on you....basically 'the heart does not long for what the eyes never see' as my dad used to say!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
cyfocus01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95790
What I Drive: 01 silver zts sedan

Points 437, Level 8
Points: 437, Level: 8 Points: 437, Level: 8 Points: 437, Level: 8
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 cyfocus01 Good Standing Member
they are both popping up in stock in Iowa also. Want to get a sneak peak too. thanks for sharing. good stuff.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
kwg2371
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82857
What I Drive: 03 screming yellow SVT #1841

Points 3,745, Level 38
Points: 3,745, Level: 38 Points: 3,745, Level: 38 Points: 3,745, Level: 38
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 kwg2371 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildsailor View Post
I talked with my dealer about the ST they are supposed to be getting soon and I was told they are getting one. That is it, one.
this place originally told me they where supposed to be getting a few in at the end of the month

that was on monday lol then I got the phone call today and they said the same thing this is the only one we are getting
HatchNation #36
FF 13 best audio
FF 13 3rd place best in class SVT
FFW 13 best focus
FFW 13-14 best in class SVT
Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,256, Level 35
Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
The engine drivetrain and suspension are in no way an incentive, those obviously have impacted the price, so to spend 30+ thousand dollars on a car that's got some ups on the competition like the Mazdaspeed 3 which is a perfectly capable, award winning hot hatch you can have around 22k, you need some real incentive. What can Ford provide me that the competition cant? Honestly? If I'm spending 30k+, I'll just pony up the extra few grand and buy an STi or Golf R.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
My god, it's not like it's a $300,000 car lol. It's a 30k car. Ford has a whole bunch more cars that are way more expensive than this little thing. Taurus SHO, even Explorer's are more expensive, oh and the Edge Limited's, Escape TI, Mustang's....oh and that one car a little while back what was it called.....oh yaaaa, the Ford GT. It's just a car. A Motherfing bada** car that maybe I will get next year sometime haha. Once the hype calms down they will "budge"; unless they want them sitting in their lots forever...!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,256, Level 35
Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
My god, it's not like it's a $300,000 car lol. It's a 30k car. Ford has a whole bunch more cars that are way more expensive than this little thing. Taurus SHO, even Explorer's are more expensive, oh and the Edge Limited's, Escape TI, Mustang's....oh and that one car a little while back what was it called.....oh yaaaa, the Ford GT. It's just a car. A Motherfing bada** car that maybe I will get next year sometime haha. Once the hype calms down they will "budge"; unless they want them sitting in their lots forever...!
Exactly, like I said, we need some real incentive here. The MS3 is stickered around $25k, but like I said, they routinely go for more like $22k.

This car will sell, but eventually to keep sales up, it will have some wiggle room.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
MotorcityJAX
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14

Fan#: 90253
What I Drive: 2012, White Platinum, 5 Door SEL

FF Reputation: 6 MotorcityJAX Good Standing Member
Nice run down
Hatch Nation #169
Sonic Crew #14 Metal Tails
Rally Rev #16
Old 09-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #9
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
As much as I like my Focus .... before I'd pay anywhere near sticker price for any Ford ... I'd just buy a GTI and be done with it for about $23K and with 0% 60 month financing ....

That kind of attitude just turns me off .... and if Ford is making them so exclusive that all a dealership gets is one .... they can keep it .... or in reality sell it to someone else ... which is fine by me ... my interest level is now zero. I will never compete for ANY car ... or be treated like that.

You should go in ... do the credit check .... get approved .... test drive it .... and then say 'No thanks' ... I don't like the way it drives.

REV
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Exactly, like I said, we need some real incentive here. The MS3 is stickered around $25k, but like I said, they routinely go for more like $22k.

This car will sell, but eventually to keep sales up, it will have some wiggle room.
You realize his entire post was in retort to yours, right? Ford doesn't need to "incentivize" the car, because it's only a $30k car. My Titanium was $30k and it didn't need incentives for me to buy it. The other cars I was looking at were a new Mercedes C300 and BMW 335i, both fully loaded. The "incentive" was saving a good amount of money on car payments.

There's no need for an incentive on such a cheap car. I love my car, but you guys have to realize that $30k really isn't that expensive, in the world of automobiles. Even the Taurus *STARTS* at $26.6k. The cheapest BMW you can buy (128i Coupe) starts at $31k.

In the world of cars, $30k is cheap...and doesn't require an incentive.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.