Those with Magnaflow's Exhaust System (Part #15072) - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #31
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlqx View Post
I have the catback Magnaflow as well. I think I put it on at the beginning of the year. I'm very happy with it. Just enough sound to hear with a pleasant deepish tone. If you want something loud to turn heads, this isn't for you. I was most pleased with the extra few HP gained. The car is definitely faster without the stocker exhaust. Install was pretty easy too, you just have to cut the factory exhaust in one place. Helllllo angle grinder.
Awesome!! Thanks for posting up! I'm definitely glad to hear that you're really enjoying your Magnaflow cat back too. :-) I was kinda hoping that this thread would be the place where everyone could post up opinions, photos or videos of it installed on their rides. As for the tone, it definitely sounds like it's absolutely perfect for me because that's all I'm looking for. :-D
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #32
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 9,183, Level 64
Points: 9,183, Level: 64 Points: 9,183, Level: 64 Points: 9,183, Level: 64
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Would removing the cat and replacing with 2.5" produce further hp gains when coupled with the rest of the system? Obviously for those in states that do not have yearly inspections.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #33
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,675, Level 95
Points: 24,675, Level: 95 Points: 24,675, Level: 95 Points: 24,675, Level: 95
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
Would removing the cat and replacing with 2.5" produce further hp gains when coupled with the rest of the system? Obviously for those in states that do not have yearly inspections.
In short, yes.
2014 FiST-
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #34
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 9,183, Level 64
Points: 9,183, Level: 64 Points: 9,183, Level: 64 Points: 9,183, Level: 64
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
In short, yes.
Any foreseeable problems with this set up?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #35
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,675, Level 95
Points: 24,675, Level: 95 Points: 24,675, Level: 95 Points: 24,675, Level: 95
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I think I misread your post if you are talking about coupling the Magnaflow kit components with 2.5" piping. Those components may not work with that size piping, but I'm not 100%. Going with 2.5" and removing the cat, would require a full custom build, or long-tube headers and one of the available 2.5" setups.

The only real issue is the possibility of beginning to run a lean AFR, though there isn't a lot of data showing of just how lean the system will/can get. Focusboy is running the long-tube headers and his dyno did show a slightly lean condition, though still within tolerances. Obviously, waiting for a tune is always the best option.
2014 FiST-
Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
If you want a 2.5" exhaust then I'd buy a kit that already was made with 2.5" piping. I honestly don't really see much a difference .25" would really make though since our cars really aren't putting down a ton of power to begin with.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #37
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Hey Joey D, are you still planning on posting up a video of what your exhaust sounds like from the inside of your car (while driving)? I'm REALLY digging this exhaust, and I'd LOVE to hear what the interior tone was like. Thanks again for everything bro.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #38
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

Points 124,710, Level 100
Points: 124,710, Level: 100 Points: 124,710, Level: 100 Points: 124,710, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
If you want a 2.5" exhaust then I'd buy a kit that already was made with 2.5" piping. I honestly don't really see much a difference .25" would really make though since our cars really aren't putting down a ton of power to begin with.
It's the ability to flow, for future head room for other mods. Same goes for picking out parts for custom systems, if they won't flow enough CFM's you'll hinder your ability to make power.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #39
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Hey Joey D, are you still planning on posting up a video of what your exhaust sounds like from the inside of your car (while driving)? I'm REALLY digging this exhaust, and I'd LOVE to hear what the interior tone was like. Thanks again for everything bro.
Sorry mate, I just got my MacBook back today, but as promised here it is. You can see it's not that loud and it's even drowned out by the road noise off a set of summer tires and the Steeda CAI. I guess it's also worth noting it was hot that day, like 97 or something and I had the A/C on.

It is slowly getting louder and deeper though. I'll probably wait another 4 or 5 days and then do another sound clip.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's being screwy with the embedding but here's the link if it doesn't work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIb7rEyDmHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
It's the ability to flow, for future head room for other mods. Same goes for picking out parts for custom systems, if they won't flow enough CFM's you'll hinder your ability to make power.
Ya but it's not like the Focus is some 300hp car. I mean ya, if the kit you want is a 2.5" there's nothing wrong with it, I just don't see any noticeable power difference between the two. I mean I might have gotten 8 or 9 hp at the most from the exhaust (probably even less) and I know the Steeda CAI didn't really give big gains either. With a 2.5" exhaust maybe an additional hp or two?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #40
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

Points 532, Level 10
Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Check out the FORD SVT site. They have a nice catback OR an "axle back" system that's quite nice and it's from Ford. It has a pretty nice chrome dual tip on it as well.

I believe the axle back system is about $399 but you can probably get it cheaper online or a "friendly" dealer.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.