TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB? - Page 23 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #221
dsuaves
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97419
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow blaze Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 dsuaves Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
it seems this is a persistent issue ( along with the dct)
i recently paid 94 dollars to have and alignment done and the steering is still awful
ill be driving for about 1200 miles next week and will see if it handles better if not ill have to be back at the dealer to get them to fix it
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #222
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,155, Level 34
Points: 3,155, Level: 34 Points: 3,155, Level: 34 Points: 3,155, Level: 34
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmfocus View Post
Thomas no luck yet on getting car repaired ,took to another dealer(bigger shop saturday hours) road tested told things were normal,to come back when it got worse and they could here something.today made a loud popping/banging noise(twice on front drivers side) turning into subdivision, going to take it in again see if they can find anything now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuaves View Post
it seems this is a persistent issue ( along with the dct) i recently paid 94 dollars to have and alignment done and the steering is still awful ill be driving for about 1200 miles next week and will see if it handles better if not ill have to be back at the dealer to get them to fix it
I'd like to escalate this with the Customer Service Manager of your regions; please shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and preferred servicing dealer. He/she can coordinate with you and the dealer on any repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
to fordcustomerservice: what build dated do this cover? I have a 2012 SEL with a build of 07/12 and it suffers from this same steering issue. The steering feels nice and tight, but on the highway it will all of a sudden drift left or right and i feel like i constantly have to steer...I thought maybe there was a learning curve with the steering like there was the trans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmfocus View Post
don't think customer service has access to TSB info from what i've read on here. it covers build dates up to 12/2011(originally 08/2011), if its doing same thing take it in to dealer and get it checked you could mention the tsb and see what they think
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrfun View Post
You need to have the service dept. check your VIN# to see if the TSB applies. A red flag is if they have no knowledge of the TSB, so give them the TSB#. This was the experience I had and the sevice advisor wanted to dispute that the car had a problem and then said all it needed was an alignment. The service dept. manager finally said "if there is a TSB that deals with the problem, then install it". It still took a month to get the parts and the help of the Ford CSM I was referred to by Thomas to get the problem fixed.
As with any new vehicle, there is a 1,000 mile break-in period on the Focus. If you've passed this mark, please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer name; I'll forward these details to your area's Customer Service Manager. The dealer will be able to go over TSB and other service information with you.

Thanks for the assists, sgmfocus and gzrfun!

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #223
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
FINALLY my saga has come to an end.

Brought my car back to the dealer today to correct the alignment problem and replace my rear view mirror. Now the car drives straight as an arrow and so far it seems to hold the road perfect..no more wandering. I will be going to PA tomorrow which is 125 mile drive for me in one direction mostly highway - so that will be the true test.

I would like to thank FordCustomerService, Thomas for being involved with my case and helping me out!

If anyone has any issues, do not hesitate to shoot him your info, he will get results!

thanks again thomas!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #224
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,155, Level 34
Level Up 70% Completed
Forum Activity 18%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
FINALLY my saga has come to an end.

Brought my car back to the dealer today to correct the alignment problem and replace my rear view mirror. Now the car drives straight as an arrow and so far it seems to hold the road perfect..no more wandering. I will be going to PA tomorrow which is 125 mile drive for me in one direction mostly highway - so that will be the true test.

I would like to thank FordCustomerService, Thomas for being involved with my case and helping me out!

If anyone has any issues, do not hesitate to shoot him your info, he will get results!

thanks again thomas!
It's always my pleasure! Please keep us all updated on how it handles in the coming weeks. Keep your Focus running at peak performance with these: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Thomas

Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #225
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
I could tell the difference already. Made a 120+ mile trip to Pennsylvania today, almost all highway miles and the car drives like a dream. It held the road beautifully, the difference was noticeable immediately.

I am happy to know I wasn't crazy all those months thinking something was not right!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #226
Bostlaw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98237
What I Drive: 2012 Focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Bostlaw Good Standing Member
Update...It took somewhere around 2 weeks to get the parts...two days to do the work... The car is no longer frightening to drive...it's actually predictable and pleasant on the highway now... Of course, I've had a slow leak in the right rear tire since I got the car back...Which only goes to prove that the car gods are pissed at me for some reason... Nevertheless, I'm thrilled with the difference after the work was done....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #227
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Points 3,155, Level 34
Level Up 70% Completed
Forum Activity 18%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
I could tell the difference already. Made a 120+ mile trip to Pennsylvania today, almost all highway miles and the car drives like a dream. It held the road beautifully, the difference was noticeable immediately...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostlaw View Post
Update...It took somewhere around 2 weeks to get the parts...two days to do the work... The car is no longer frightening to drive...it's actually predictable and pleasant on the highway now... Of course, I've had a slow leak in the right rear tire since I got the car back...Which only goes to prove that the car gods are pissed at me for some reason... Nevertheless, I'm thrilled with the difference after the work was done....
Like Scooby-Doo and company, it sounds like the Focus is your Dream Machine! Remember this link to save on new rubber and other services at your dealer: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Thomas

Old 05-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #228
8CHMan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115085
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST

Points 11, Level 1
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level Up 21% Completed
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 8CHMan Good Standing Member
Well,

I hate to say this but my new Focus ST (build 12/12) is experiencing the steering issue you are all describing here.

Since this is the first post of this since Sept '12, I have to wonder how I got so 'lucky' to have an issue that should no longer be happening???

Has anyone else had this issue with cars built in late 2012?
Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #229
sabelson
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100297
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus SE - Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 sabelson Good Standing Member
In my case, although the initial adjustment by the dealer did not fix the problem the second set of, I believe, more extensive adjustments did. It appears the system is sensitive to the setup and needs to have a tech that knows the system to set it up properly.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #230
12FOCUS S
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98622
What I Drive: '13 FOCUS ST/'12 Mustang GT BBP

FF Reputation: 1 12FOCUS S Good Standing Member
Thumbs down

EPAS is what it is........ talk to Vorshlag about their GT Mustang that they race. They had to go Ford Motorsports EPAS rack that is available through Ford aftermarket. The EPAS responds to programming input and is complained about on numerous web forums as well by automotive journalists of the various rags/magazines. This Focus wanders excessively in wind due to constant programming input. SW upgrades should have been addressed long ago. The EPAS unit is non-servicable. Yes, you can buy the performance variant from eBay for a GT...........this tell you something?

WORD = ELECTRIC STEERING BOX PROGRAMMABLE....

Ford PR reps. Don't bug me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.