2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 116 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #1151
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
When was the last time you talked to the CSM?

Thomas
Thomas, My CSM's name is Susan (don't know last name) and I have been trying to call her for the past 2 weeks. I've left at least 4 voice mail messages and one for her "boss" Cynthia. Very frustrated that I can't talk to them, I need confirmation that they signed off on the rental before I waste my time heading to the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #1152
HornedFrog05
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97892
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 HornedFrog05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I have the ST shocks, struts, and top mounts sitting in my dining room right now.
Were you able to pay the difference with what is replaced in the TSB or did you pay for all these out of pocket?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #1153
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Thomas, me has issues... Apparently the tech scheduled to work on my car called out today and they have to keep it at least until tomorrow... Need loaner and they're not being very quick about getting me one... Thanks...
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #1154
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Were you able to pay the difference with what is replaced in the TSB or did you pay for all these out of pocket?
I'm paying for this out of pocket.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #1155
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
...The CSM who contacted me about the seats just tried to tell me to take it back to the dealer, but first they gave me some sort of lie about how the seat was supposed to be colder than what the service documents say it should be. I would take it back to the dealer but they were not interested in looking at it at a time when I am available to deliver the car, they want me to leave the car, and I can't do this without transportation. I paid good money for this car and I'd like it to work properly and for a long time. The tires also seem terribly loud at 50-65 mph on semi smooth and rough pavement, sometimes they are quiet, other times its unbearably loud and ruins the quiet and quality feel of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Thomas, My CSM's name is Susan (don't know last name) and I have been trying to call her for the past 2 weeks. I've left at least 4 voice mail messages and one for her "boss" Cynthia. Very frustrated that I can't talk to them, I need confirmation that they signed off on the rental before I waste my time heading to the dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
Thomas, me has issues... Apparently the tech scheduled to work on my car called out today and they have to keep it at least until tomorrow... Need loaner and they're not being very quick about getting me one... Thanks...
Hey guys -

Please PM me your case number (or VIN) and I'll look into it as soon as possible.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #1156
JNBradow
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103140
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 JNBradow Good Standing Member
Thomas...The parts are in and I am going to take the car in on Thursday.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #1157
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Car is back in my possession but I'm at work til eleven... We'll see if it worked or not. I didn't get a copy of the paperwork cause my advisor said he was keeping the ticket open for a couple days in case something isn't to my liking. It almost feels like they only replaced stuff on the passengers side.
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #1158
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
I stopped back by my dealer today and talked to the service manager. I wanted to inform him the TSB only fixed the issue for about two weeks. He seemed surprised to hear it, but when he realized I wasn't trying to get him to fix it 'again'...(i told him I'd be patient for a bit and see if Ford addresses this once and for all) he told me to call the Ford 800# and tell them about my experience.

I called and they took the information and even called my dealer to verify the TSB had been done.

At this point...I (we) have little choice but sit on our butts wondering what Ford will do.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #1159
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
At this point...I (we) have little choice but sit on our butts wondering what Ford will do.
Exactly. When I told my CSM that I could hear the noise back, he asked if I wanted to "Bring it in to have the springs changed out again", I said No. I'll just wait, again, to see if anything further progresses on Ford's side. Sure, let me loose my car for 2 days so I can have the clunk return.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #1160
Han.MK3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101704
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Mk3 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Han.MK3 Good Standing Member
I too have had the clunk for like 10 months now. I'm just waiting for a permanent fix since I can't afford to lose my car for over a day for something that I know won't work.

I was under the car today building my custom exhaust and I didn't have good light but it looked like the front sway bar bushing was messed up. Any one know if that is a possibility for the clunk?

Sent from my PC36100 using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks