SE Sport owners, sign in! - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #121
thisiskevin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95067
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 thisiskevin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Had my SE Sport for 6 months and I love it. Zero issues with it...great car!

Excuse the dirty car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #122
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The best value for a DCT equipped car was the SEL 300a with or without the winter package, the SE 203A DCT sport cost within $150 but wasn't as well equipped.

However you can get disk brakes on the SE in 2013 but either with the SE SFE package same as in '12 with the steel wheels and aero covers, or on the SE appearance package for close to 3k more.
Ah yes, thanks for the correction. I went through the configurator and looked at what was in the SE Appearance Package and it clearly says rear disc brakes. I was concerned since I was looking at 2013 SE's with the package and the top of the sticker says Front Disc/Rear Drum ABS Brakes and the package details on the sticker do not mention rear disc.

Still, that package is nearly 3,000! You do get leather seats, ambient lighting, etc with the package selection. You can also now get MFT and NAV in an SE.

All in all the 2013 SE's look to be more expensive and the Titaniums less expensive than 2012.

I am liking my Sterling Gray SE Sedan so far. I opted for one with the Convenience Package, the Sport Package, Winter Package, and Moonroof. Sync I linked to my Palm Pre II and works pretty slick for handsfree calls on the road. I only have 200 miles on it so far and the average FE is already over 30 MPG (started off at 11 when delivered and has been climbing all along). The DTE still says 205 miles so I would be tickled if I get over 400 miles to tank in mixed city/highway driving. This car spoils the driver!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #123
DBxprss
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102670
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 DBxprss Good Standing Member
Pure luck!

Grey metallic SE Sport, purchased 9/16/12. My wife and I were just window shopping on a Sunday afternoon to see what the year-end deals were on a new Focus. She was immediately drawn to an SE Sport that was sitting there. No MFT, no Sync, but it did have the DCT (she doesn't drive a stick). Because of the lack of some of the interior technology the dealer was more willing to deal on this car than two others we looked at, and we never really used the Sync on our Fiesta anyway. I was happy to have the car sans the voice command. The price was right, the rebates were good, and we got a very good trade-in value on our 2011 Fiesta. We had the car in the driveway 3 days later. It was only after we had actually purchased the car that I found out Ford discontinued the SE sport. I'm glad we went window shopping when we did.
https://www.fuelly.com/driver/nels/focus
Old 09-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #124
Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I bought a 2011 Fiesta SES hatchback, had it for 5 months & 8700 miles and then traded it in for my Focus SE Sport hatchback last October. Got every option I wanted except for the black 17" alloy wheels. Just couldn't find one locally and as it was to get my SE in the color I wanted, had to have the dealer do a swap with another dealer over 3 hours away.

On the fence whether to buy the 17" alloys. Anyone swapped thier 16"'s for some 17"'s? Just wondering if the ride will be more harsh with the 17"'s since the (OEM) 17"s tires are the same width as the 16"s tires.

Last edited by Pennut; 09-08-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #125
DaeHanL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90891
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 DaeHanL Good Standing Member
I have the 17's and while I can't compare them to your 16's ride quality, I think mine are very smooth. Turning is great, and overall ride quality is good.
The looks are unmatched IMO

2012 FF5DR SE Sport, 5-Spd, and ALL the 'fixins!
-DaeHan
Old 09-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #126
RMFT!
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103521
What I Drive: 2012 White SE w/Sport package

FF Reputation: 1 RMFT! Good Standing Member
Also had this for about 6 months.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #127
drag-t
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103525
What I Drive: 2012, Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 drag-t Good Standing Member
Focus Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Recently purchased a 2012 Focus SE Sport, Ingot Silver, 6 speed auto w/SST, black & gray cloth sport interior, sync and 17" wheels & tires.

I have had it for 2 weeks and so far no issues. I stumbled across this forum and decided to join hoping it will be a wealth of information. This is my first Ford vehicle that I have owned and I hope it will last for some time.

For some reason I cannot post attachments to this thread, so I have attached a link to see photo's of my Focus...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1978f9a55f

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 09-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #128
Michaelc1220
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93834
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus SE hatchback Sport

FF Reputation: 2 Michaelc1220 Good Standing Member
HERE! I love my 2012 sterling gray se sport hatch
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #129
Timbo64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92890
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE Sport 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 Timbo64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
Sounds like a great time for her to learn to drive a stick lol. Any pix of the new "baby"?

We took these pics right after we drove it off the Ford dealership.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #130
Wildsailor
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102694
What I Drive: 12 SE Sport Sedan - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 3 Wildsailor Good Standing Member
Wow, look at all the Sterling Gray SE Sport's! It took me about 3 weeks to find a Sterling Gray SE Sport Sedan the way I wanted it opted out and everyone I talked to about it thought I should get Blue Candy or Race Red instead. I like those colors on the 5-door better but my first choice for either body was Gray. I love this color on the Gen III Focii....

Bookmarks & Social Networks