Dome lights - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank102 View Post
I can't get my dome lights to come on when I open the door. And if I manually turn them on they won't shut off after I close the door. the owners manual doesn't even show marked buttons.
Help!
The button is above the drivers head.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #32
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
Then you'll probably enjoy this thread:

Mystery Switch
You are right. I did enjoy that thread. Roof eject? Brilliant idea.

Btw, my dome light still doesn't turn on consistently whenever I unlock the doors with the remote.....
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #33
Timthom62
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97579
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5-Door SEL 303A

Points 2,703, Level 31
Points: 2,703, Level: 31 Points: 2,703, Level: 31 Points: 2,703, Level: 31
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 5 Timthom62 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
You are right. I did enjoy that thread. Roof eject? Brilliant idea.

Btw, my dome light still doesn't turn on consistently whenever I unlock the doors with the remote.....
I had mine set to ON for about a week and had the same experience.

I was leaning toward the hypothesis that the external light sensor on the dash had something to do with it. In my case I found that the dome light would always work when it was dark outside but not always work when it was light.

As it turned out, the dome light was a little too bright for my taste - particularly with the ambient lighting installed - so I set it back to OFF.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
thunderwoof
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99778
What I Drive: 2012 SEL white platinum hatch 303A

FF Reputation: 1 thunderwoof Good Standing Member
If the sensor has something to do with it, I'd say the sensor doesn't always work properly. I tested it by unlocking and opening the doors a few times while parked at the same spot, the dome light turned on only once. Although the dome light isn't necessary for me, it bothers me to know we have no control over it.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,235, Level 35
Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank102 View Post
I can't get my dome lights to come on when I open the door. And if I manually turn them on they won't shut off after I close the door. the owners manual doesn't even show marked buttons.
Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomtim View Post
Mine turn on about 30% of the time. Cant figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomtim View Post
I have the off button on a Job 2 SE and just cant figure this out. Held every button, car on, car off, door open, door closed and can't get the dome light to work on a regular basis with the door. Works about 30% of the time and sometimes with the keyfob when locking/unlocking. All other lights respond as expected. Not sure what to do short of visiting the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicbluz View Post
...the Dome lights operation are still a baffling mystery to me. "The dome lamp will turn on when: any door is opened" mine only turns on if the car is on, is this normal? "The remote entry controls are pressed and the ignition is off" This NEVER happens, normal or a glitch?...I tried to show my dealer what was happening, but since the car was just off a couple minutes, of course the dome lamp came on and they just looked at me like I was crazy. Every night when I use the remote key and enter, dash lights come on but no dome lamp. Is this uhhhh normal??...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwoof View Post
...Btw, my dome light still doesn't turn on consistently whenever I unlock the doors with the remote.....
Hey guys -

If your dome lights aren't working properly, please see your dealer about it as soon as possible (even if you have done so already). If you'd like, please shoot me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer information; I'll send these details to your region's Customer Service Manager for review.

In the meantime, please use this link if you'd like to access the owner's manuals: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbology View Post

Did this not work?
Thanks for putting this image in the thread! It's the exact page in the owner's guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.sl0w View Post
^^ Just pull it from the roof like you wanna break it. It won't break and will come right off.
Oh my gosh! I think you could've also said, "be careful." LOL

Signing off,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 07-18-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Included additional poster
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #36
jeffv
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103406
What I Drive: 2012, blue, focus

FF Reputation: 1 jeffv Good Standing Member
Manual doesn't match buttons

I'm also having the dome light issue on my 2012 Focus SEL Hatch. No rhyme or reason as to when they go on. I have the "off" button configuration but do you think a button that lights up with the word "off" could be any more confusing?

I'd really love to find out what moron designed this button. If the word "off" is lit up, does that mean that it is off, or does that mean that I have to press the button to turn off the light???!?!?!

Honestly, it shouldn't be that difficult to get a dome light to light up.

And, why doesn't the manual match the button configuration?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #37
thelaw65
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102812
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 thelaw65 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffv View Post
I'm also having the dome light issue on my 2012 Focus SEL Hatch. No rhyme or reason as to when they go on. I have the "off" button configuration but do you think a button that lights up with the word "off" could be any more confusing?

I'd really love to find out what moron designed this button. If the word "off" is lit up, does that mean that it is off, or does that mean that I have to press the button to turn off the light???!?!?!

Honestly, it shouldn't be that difficult to get a dome light to light up.

And, why doesn't the manual match the button configuration?
Agreed! Why doesn't the manual match the buttons in the car??? By the way, I had the same problem with my car. What I did was to make sure the OFF button was not illuminated. Then I set the button on my key fob to unlock all the doors of the car with one push and not two. Dome lights have been working since then. Saw it posted on another thread and it worked.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #38
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 928, Level 16
Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaw65 View Post
Agreed! Why doesn't the manual match the buttons in the car??? By the way, I had the same problem with my car. What I did was to make sure the OFF button was not illuminated. Then I set the button on my key fob to unlock all the doors of the car with one push and not two. Dome lights have been working since then. Saw it posted on another thread and it worked.
I have a 7/12 build SEL sedan. My dome light works as expected with the off button not lighted. every time a door is opened or the fob is pushed the dome light comes on.

on a side note.... how doyou set it up so only 1 remote button push is required to unlock all doors instead of 2?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #39
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,739, Level 66
Points: 9,739, Level: 66 Points: 9,739, Level: 66 Points: 9,739, Level: 66
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
I have a 7/12 build SEL sedan. My dome light works as expected with the off button not lighted. every time a door is opened or the fob is pushed the dome light comes on.

on a side note.... how doyou set it up so only 1 remote button push is required to unlock all doors instead of 2?
It should be covered in the manual but it involves something like holding the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the car flashes and then it should switch modes.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #40
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 928, Level 16
Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
It should be covered in the manual but it involves something like holding the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the car flashes and then it should switch modes.
ok... ill take another look. I jsut looked through the manual today when there were a few things i couldnt figure out, and dont remember seeing it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.