Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 136 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #1351
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatto View Post
I surrender. You win. I will dump it air bags intact. :)

just saying I think if you really think about it.. car may have been smarter then you think..
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #1352
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Parked at a stop light on highway
Old 09-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #1353
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

thats a immovable object.... the car he hit moved forward on impact, he hit a honda...
No skid marks, speed determined in police report by police and judgement of statement of driver saying he was doing just over limit 55mph

t in mv = F(

Also the impack on this car was just off center, the car in the test is 70% on driver side..
Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #1354
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

2 cars of equal weight moving at each other at same speed will be more like a brick wall..

2001 honda prelude .. btw

other car was totaled.. to old to repair for the price

its trunk was crushed...
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #1355
ElGatto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99202
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE, HB, sport pkg

FF Reputation: 1 ElGatto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Dont try to teach me about cars and physics...I have been in the car game for 32 years and there is no way that silver focus rear ended a stopped car at 55+ an sustained that minimal damage....I think your drivers judgement was about 30mph off...I am done arguing and just keep your fords cause I am done with those P'sOS....B-lou
Yikes! Did I start something?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #1356
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Just telling you the reality of what these 2 cars did... I rebult many cars... and sometimes the angle makes all the difference

Honda 50 to 55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xb1f42BCmo

Here is vegas... 45+mph...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1sWjTUCa2U
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #1357
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Not to be insulting to anyone, but I wonder if this condition is related to driving style. Drive your Ford like you're a teenager until the clutches wear in. I'd even be happier if it took more miles to "break-in" because to a car nut like me that means the clutches will have more life. If the car never stalls- then it's not a problem even if it feels like it's going to stall, it still doesn't, so ok- right?
I agree, I am not easy on my cars and I have over 1000 miles on mine and for the most part its very smooth. It took a bit of time, but it feels great now. I think cause its a new thing that people are not really used to a car that acts like this. once you drive it more and get used to it and the car also gets used to you.. I am sure you will see its actually a great transmission and also give you great mpg and also great power for picking up and going... I for one like the car!!! Almost like when I learned how to drive a standard car and it was really rough going for a while and once I got better at it I was a pro and it became second nature. This is the same just without the manual aspect. Its basically the same as a standard car, it just takes time to master. I guess in this case it takes time for the car to get used to you ...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #1358
thisisbenji
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102558
What I Drive: 2012 Red SE

Points 674, Level 13
Points: 674, Level: 13 Points: 674, Level: 13 Points: 674, Level: 13
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 thisisbenji Good Standing Member
I think it might be, this is the first automatic car iv ever owned so I didn't even notice at my test drive. After about 1,000 the transmission is super smooth, yet the girlfriend still thinks the car drives funny but I can't tell.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #1359
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,517, Level 22
Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22 Points: 1,517, Level: 22
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Time for a new GF .....
Old 09-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #1360
Graeme S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101487
What I Drive: 2012 SBM Focus Titanium A/T

FF Reputation: 1 Graeme S Good Standing Member
Just want to chip in here; I love the transmission on my oh-twelve focus Ti. I think I've noticed what you guys are talking about, the slight shuddering at times when starting up. I don't find any particular fault in that, I just think the computer is confused by what I want and wasn't expecting shifts or starts. It reminds me of when I was first learning manual and dropped my foot off the clutch a bit too fast and almost stalled out.

I have found that I am now leaving it almost constantly in S mode now that I've taught it how I like to drive. For the first couple hundred klicks I shifted manually in S-mode: downshifting when braking (especially downhill), and it now knows to downshift for me.

I can honestly say this is the first automatic transmission I have actively liked. Given that this is the first mass produced ford with a dual-clutch computer-controlled manual, I can be a bit forgiving about the occasional clutch hiccough; and as yet it has never failed to kick in when I've needed.

All that having been said, recently I've been having some issues with the touchscreen Sync system. The radio frequencies have disappeared from the home screen, and occasionally all of the text will simply not appear in any of the screens, though the screen will still respond to touches if you remember where you want to touch and what it does.

Next scheduled service is in a month, so I'll bug them about it when it goes in. Just leaving a comment here.

Oh, and also: does anyone know if it's possible to recalibrate the gas tank? Last time I filled it up, I got in about 30 Litres (the capacity of the tank is about 49 litres, right?) despite the fact that it was a bit below the 1/4 mark.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.