Focus on Steroids: 2013 Ford Escape 2.0L EcoBoost 4WD Tested - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #21
CourtneyNYC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86057
What I Drive: 2010 - Sterling Gray&2012 White Ti

FF Reputation: 1 CourtneyNYC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
>>>The Ford Focus ST is faster than the Escape

Duh . . ya think?

:-)

The Focus ST has 252HP and weighs 3,250 pounds (12.9 pounds getting moved by each HP)

The Escape has 240HP and weighs 3,502 pounds (14.5 pounds getting moved by each HP)

In the 0-60 times the ST is 6.4 seconds while the Escape is 8.9 seconds. My current 2012 Focus Titanium is right between them at 7.5 seconds.

If you are looking, as your primary metric, 0-60, the Focus is a runaway choice. The good news is that the Focus ST, at $29,860, is also LOTS cheaper than the Escape at $38,080. If the ST works for you . . buy it and put the $10,000 in your pocket.

For my purposes, as much as I like the ST, I was drawn to the Escape for a couple reasons.

1) The Eco-Boost motor makes it plenty quick enough for a little SUV. If I need "quicker" I have a German toy sitting next to the two Focus in the driveway I can turn to.

2) I test high performance motorcycles and as much as I like to ride there are times I have to trailer bikes. The 2013 Escape has a Class II trailer hitch and a really cool anti sway system that will allow me to attach a full Well Cargo enclosed trailer and head off if I need to. The trailer hitch will also work great with my Thule swing-away mountain bike carrier and doesn't require the "not rated for towing" unauthorized mod the Focus does.

3) The AWD system on the Escape is amazing. Check out a couple of the neat YouTube videos. It will also, based on early reports, allow the Escape to handling far better than most competitors (it's no ST or a Porsche, but it's pretty good)

4) The St has a passenger volume of 90.7 cubic feel and cargo volume of 44.8 cubic feet. The Escape has 98.1 cubic feet of passenger volume and 67.8 cubic feet of cargo volume . . . more than 50% more than the Focus.

I'm looking forward to having LOTS of room, Eco-Boost power and economy, AWD, HID, Panorama roof, trailering capacity AND the about the same fun I've been having with my 2012 Focus.

i ordered the Escape precisely the same as the 2012, with every available option in the White Platinum and I'm betting most folks don't even notice it from the Focus if I don't say anything.

Bottom line . . . I'm really happy with what Ford is doing and am eager to get to Kansas and pick the Escape up.

Bookmarks & Social Networks