The hunt to get a Nav MyFord Touch... - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #81
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra01 View Post
It's not stealing, hotleadsingerguy already paid 1025 or so in parts plus god knows how much for labor. This is just proof of concept to dispel Ford's it can't be done BS. We are all willing to pony up to enable it legitimately.
If you're referring to my comment, of course he isn't "stealing"... I know he's already paid more than the $700 I did for Nav, and doesn't even have it yet. But all the secrecy, coaxing Ford employees, trying to use other cars to program parts... it just seems like so much under-the-radar for something so simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #82
Vestra01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103186
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Vestra01 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
If you're referring to my comment, of course he isn't "stealing"... I know he's already paid more than the $700 I did for Nav, and doesn't even have it yet. But all the secrecy, coaxing Ford employees, trying to use other cars to program parts... it just seems like so much under-the-radar for something so simple.
Gotcha....yeah something so simple that Ford could enable so easily, it is a mystery to me as well....by the way I saw an ST at my local dealership and while it it is awesome there are features a fully loaded Ti has that the ST doesn't like power seats, auto parking, backup cam and sensors...when I saw it I did not regret getting my Ti at all! The ST is sweet though...if only Ford just took the Ti sedan or hatch and offered the ST's engine....
Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #83
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Gotcha....yeah something so simple that Ford could enable so easily, it is a mystery to me as well....by the way I saw an ST at my local dealership and while it it is awesome there are features a fully loaded Ti has that the ST doesn't like power seats, auto parking, backup cam and sensors...when I saw it I did not regret getting my Ti at all! The ST is sweet though...if only Ford just took the Ti sedan or hatch and offered the ST's engine....
I think a lot of those features are ST3, especially the cam and sensors that go along with Navigation.

You wouldn't get power seats anyways, Recaros being what they are

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #84
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Quote:
...if only Ford just took the Ti sedan or hatch and offered the ST's engine....
The DCT or 5MT will not handle the torque of the 2.0 ecoboost, they would need the ST's 6 speed manual or the traditional auto out of the fusion Ti thats behind a 2.0 eco also. Hell I would settle for the fusion Ti engine over the ST's engine. The ST gets 252 hp and the fusion gets 240 I believe. Just make it an option on the focus Ti only and use the fusion version of the 2.0 eco with the fusion auto trans only. If you want a manual trans, just get the ST.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #85
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I think a lot of those features are ST3, especially the cam and sensors that go along with Navigation.

You wouldn't get power seats anyways, Recaros being what they are

Yeah I would think it would have a power driver seat like the Ti, but it only describes them as heated leather seats only. However the pre-production ST3 I sat in at one of their drive events had a full leather and power Recaro Driver seat so I don't think the website is listing the full feature set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
The DCT or 5MT will not handle the torque of the 2.0 ecoboost, they would need the ST's 6 speed manual or the traditional auto out of the fusion Ti thats behind a 2.0 eco also. Hell I would settle for the fusion Ti engine over the ST's engine. The ST gets 252 hp and the fusion gets 240 I believe. Just make it an option on the focus Ti only and use the fusion version of the 2.0 eco with the fusion auto trans only. If you want a manual trans, just get the ST.
They could also import the wet clutch DCT which is mated to this engine in the current European Mondeo which would be a better match for the engine in my opinion than a 6F35. But the 6F35 is domestically produced and the wet clutch DCT is not.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #86
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Just out of curiosity I looked at the 2013 fusion page on ford.com and the 2.0 ecoboost is advertised at 240 HP @ 5,500 (premium fuel) 231 HP @5,500 (regular fuel) with 270 TQ @ 3,000 and the ST has 252 HP @ 5500 (Prem. Fuel) and 270 TQ @ 2500 (Prem. Fuel)
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 09-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #87
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's not stealing, hotleadsingerguy already paid 1025 or so in parts plus god knows how much for labor. This is just proof of concept to dispel Ford's it can't be done BS. We are all willing to pony up to enable it legitimately.
This. I've spent a somewhat pretty penny already...I just want to get it all working so I can leave a few nice letters on Ford's idiotic doorstep after screwing me over multiple times. Think of it like a "suck it" letter.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #88
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
Only because Ford has *made* it that difficult. I wouldn't have to go through all of this mess if Ford did the right thing. This could have been a single day's activity at a Ford dealership for far less money, but Ford doesn't want to make things easy or accessible for their customers. If they prefer lying to their customers, I'll continue to lie to them.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #89
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Only because Ford has *made* it that difficult. I wouldn't have to go through all of this mess if Ford did the right thing. This could have been a single day's activity at a Ford dealership for far less money, but Ford doesn't want to make things easy or accessible for their customers. If they prefer lying to their customers, I'll continue to lie to them.
It's sad you had to work this hard to get what honestly should've been 10 minutes worth of reprogramming from a dealer.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #90
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Well, the module is provisioned and I'll be picking it up, hopefully, tomorrow during the day. When I get it I'm just going to take an hour or so from work and install it so I can let everyone know how well it works/doesn't work. All things considered, it should work perfectly after I install it (assuming Mrlandy was telling the truth!). I'll post back tomorrow and let you all know!

Bookmarks & Social Networks