The car you love to hate....the build thread. - Page 17 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #161
Now534
Focus Addict

Fan#: 76549
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 6 Now534 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If you get the ignition switch it should work with the ECU right? Then you wouldn't have to get it reprogrammed. Just tell them it goes along with the ECU to start the car. Im not sure if that is how it works out though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #162
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Yea I think if you change the lock cylinder over from the donor car and you have the key(s) from the donor car it will work. But I didn't want to change all that out and take a risk in screwing it up more. I always look at a glass half empty.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #163
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
the keys and pats system can be reflashed at ford. i believe you'd just have to ask. only thing is until it is reflashed you will have to use the lock cylinder from the other car.
iirc the fuel pump harness is part of the interior harness. but i'm not sure. i know the wiring is inside teh car.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #164
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

I don't have the keys or the lock cylinder so I'm just going to have the car takne to the dealership and reflashed.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #165
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Ok got up early this morning to make the hour.5 trip to the parts yard to finally pick up the zetec......

It rained the whole time, luckly I also braught my GPS. Cause his couldn't find the address and mine was already preprogramed.

When we got there they was closed!! Althought I called them twice friday to make sure they was going to be open and the engine would be ready. Luckily the front gate was open and a couple of the guys was there working on a Deloren for the owner who has two of them. So they was more than happy to help us out. I found the engine on the floor. Next to a pile of parts that they let me help myself to. I got the intake/MAF/airbox, negative/postive wires, trans harness, and lower engine cover. How ever because they was unaware of my arrival they engine harness and ecu was still on the car, so I requested them to ship it to me and I am calling tomorrow to make sure they get it to me.

While we was talking to them me and my friend daryl helped or selfs to the Deloren neither of us have ever seen one in person.

Daryl in the car, I'm the second pic. I tell you what I've sat in lots of midengine cars in my life and this was by far the tightest cockpit ever. (thats what she said!)

Once we got the engine in the truck we stopped at mickeyDs for lunch. It was still raining.

Two hours later we was back at my friends house and the focus got to see her new heart for the first time.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #166
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Besides waiting on the harness and ecu. I will also need a throttle body the other got cracked during the wreck. Not happy it's plastic the one on my spi is metal.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #167
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Well it looks like I'm going to be in it for the alternator too. I was so excited about getting the engine home I didn't realize the alternator was gone. I just called about the harness and asked why the alternator is gone. He said they don't usually include those with the engine but he would ask the boss. I was told it would have everything (from the boss). I'm also worried about the a/c lines and how compatatable they are. Or if maybe the alternator from the spi will fit on the zetec anyone?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #168
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 58 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
I have never seen a Delorean before and you got to sit in one!!! Lucky, well maybe not so with your engine troubles. I wish I could help you out with that. I am sure someone can chime in on that. Maybe call Napa and ask if the alternator part number is the same for both engines.
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 09-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #169
1hotfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82813
What I Drive: 00' sedan

FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Alternators are different between zetec and spi.. unfortunately.

You will also need the coolant hoses and the little pipe that mounts above the radiator for a zetec.

A new power steering pump and line to the rack is required.

The Zetec also requires a different cat converter & flex pipe.

You will also need a new throttle cable and the positive battery cable to the starter, which goes on to the alternator on the Zetec.

The vacuum line to the power brakes is also different. You will need the small vacuum lines that connect to the intake manifold. Also the fuel line to rail hose assembly is different.

In addition to the passenger side motor mount, you also need the bracket that it bolts to.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #170
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Well I have all the coolant lines, the passenger mount and bracket, I do need the alternator and the line that runs infront of the valve cover. I've got the fuel line that goes to the fuel rail. I also got the flex pipe with O2 sensors. I've got the negative and positve wires. I also got the intake tube, maf, and air box. Although I know the maf, and airbox are the same.

Bookmarks & Social Networks