NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #81
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ran into my message once over the winter...even then.

Canada, we get solid winters. I have a bottle in my trunk and I top up every other day.

Ironically the only times I really run out on a consistent basis is in the summer because I really don't care if I run out on a hot day with no visibility issues.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #82
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Alright, crew. Here's the definitive answer on the SE (Sport) w/out MFT/Sync. There is in fact an indicator. It didn't appear until after I was empty, but it may not have had time to determine that until then since I just pumped it all out. It doesn't give the "!" indicator, but my monochrome blue message screen said "Washer Fluid Level Low" along with a chime. You'll get a chime and that message will appear every time you start your car until you refill. Again, I'm taking donations for a fresh bottle of fluid. Those donations can be given in rep points.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 08-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #83
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthom62 View Post
...the access is the issue, as you pretty much have to come from underneath the car or remove the right headlight (and deal with the possible adjustment issues there). The level sensor is on the outer side of the tank just back from the washer fluid pump.
This sounds like a lot to go through; I suggest your dealer do this. I'm glad this doesn't need to be done all of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
Newbie question, but what is the high-level message center - do you mean more expensive trims, or do you mean physical location.

Also - there was an earlier comment that the cars have low oil level indication. Not sure about the Focus, but most cars have a low oil PRESSURE, not level indication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
As far as I can tell they mean the 4.2" color LCD in the instrument cluster that is bundled with sync w/myford or myford touch equipped vehicles rather than the 3.x monochromatic display of the base SE or the even simpler system on the S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
No the instrument panel display is what I'm referring to, but in order to get the high function message center you needed to get MF or MFT, base S or SE models do not come with the higher resolution screen in 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
I ran into my message once over the winter...even then.

...I have a bottle in my trunk and I top up every other day...
You're correct, suss6052. This is what we're referring to when we mention the high-level instrument cluster. MyThIc3LiTe, I carry a bottle in my trunk too. As a matter of fact, I need to fill it up after work.

Tiger-Heli, the Focus does have an engine oil pressure indicator in the instrument cluster. Please check out page 14 of the Owner Guide (5th Printing) for more info: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent375hh View Post
Can anybody attest that an SE will give a warning after an update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
I'm probably going to empty my reservoir this weekend. I'll report back. Taking donations for a new bottle of washer fluid.

After thinking back, I recall my "!" coming on briefly once with no message anywhere. I don't remember if it was when I ran low or not.
Quote:
...Here's the definitive answer on the SE (Sport) w/out MFT/Sync. There is in fact an indicator. It didn't appear until after I was empty, but it may not have had time to determine that until then since I just pumped it all out. It doesn't give the "!" indicator, but my monochrome blue message screen said "Washer Fluid Level Low" along with a chime. You'll get a chime and that message will appear every time you start your car until you refill. Again, I'm taking donations for a fresh bottle of fluid. Those donations can be given in rep points.
Thanks for answering this, BetaDnB! The "Washer Fluid Level Low" photo, which was posted on the last page, is this indicator.

Have a great Labor Day weekend,

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #84
brent375hh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94271
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 brent375hh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Alright, crew. Here's the definitive answer on the SE (Sport) w/out MFT/Sync. There is in fact an indicator. It didn't appear until after I was empty, but it may not have had time to determine that until then since I just pumped it all out. It doesn't give the "!" indicator, but my monochrome blue message screen said "Washer Fluid Level Low" along with a chime. You'll get a chime and that message will appear every time you start your car until you refill. Again, I'm taking donations for a fresh bottle of fluid. Those donations can be given in rep points.
Thanks and done.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #85
silenthill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85671
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL hatch

FF Reputation: 2 silenthill Good Standing Member
yeah, the chime isn't instant. I know after I had the update performed, when I ran low, the chime would sound a good minute after I started the car. Usually while in the middle of backing up, so it'd startle me :-)
Old 09-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #86
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:

Posted via FF Mobile There ya go people. Obviously it wont tell you you're low if you're squeezing away at the thing draining it dry. I feel like this feature is like tpms, "MY CAR DIDNT TELL ME MY TIRES HAD DANGEROUSLY LOW PRESSURE!!!" People are just becoming more spoiled, spoon fed, nannied and babied. What happened to checking your oil, fluids and tire pressure once a month?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #87
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile There ya go people. Obviously it wont tell you you're low if you're squeezing away at the thing draining it dry. I feel like this feature is like tpms, "MY CAR DIDNT TELL ME MY TIRES HAD DANGEROUSLY LOW PRESSURE!!!" People are just becoming more spoiled, spoon fed, nannied and babied. What happened to checking your oil, fluids and tire pressure once a month?
Once a month?

YOU CRAZY MAN!

Force of habit is to check every week and that turns into every other day to every day in the winter.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #88
Hypnotoad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85864
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 3 Hypnotoad Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
In the snow/salt season I can go through a galllon of washer fluid in a few days. Damn if I'm going to check under the hood every day in the snow and cold to keep from running out in the middle of the freeway.

As for being babied, do you want to go back to using dial telephones, phonebooths, mechanical typewriters, slide rules, the postal service instead of email, fans instead of air conditioning? I thought not. A hundred years ago people thought those who owned cars instead of horses and could turn a dial on the wall to adjust the temperature instead of shovelling coal were spoiled and soft. It's the 21st century and we have plenty of other things to deal with. If technology can offload some of the mundane tasks then I'm all for it.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #89
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
In the snow/salt season I can go through a galllon of washer fluid in a few days. Damn if I'm going to check under the hood every day in the snow and cold to keep from running out in the middle of the freeway.

As for being babied, do you want to go back to using dial telephones, phonebooths, mechanical typewriters, slide rules, the postal service instead of email, fans instead of air conditioning? I thought not. A hundred years ago people thought those who owned cars instead of horses and could turn a dial on the wall to adjust the temperature instead of shovelling coal were spoiled and soft. It's the 21st century and we have plenty of other things to deal with. If technology can offload some of the mundane tasks then I'm all for it.
I do to but I also keep a backup bottle of spray and a portable booster and air pump.

I don't need some electronic aid to tell me my fluids are low.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #90
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
I'm glad you guys do the proper thing by checking up on your car frequently. Not enough people do that. However, how do you check the washer fluid level when you can't see anything past the filler neck?
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob

Bookmarks & Social Networks