Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon

Well it looks like they are pushing it to the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex first so the announcement isn't that helpful yet, they claimed to have resolved the following issues:

"Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord
Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology. The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:
*Missing radio preset text
*Radio stays on key off after opening the door
*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed
*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still
undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?
Hmmm...that's a very good point! I don't understand why it wouldn't work on our vehicles either.

On a side note, that sure is a short list of fixes.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Hmmm...that's a very good point! I don't understand why it wouldn't work on our vehicles either.

On a side note, that sure is a short list of fixes.
From what I gather they say a cleanly formatted 2.0 GB flash drive is needed and its likely that the update is at least 700 MB afaik. So hopefully its more than just those things listed that get fixed.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
From what I gather they say a cleanly formatted 2.0 GB flash drive is needed and its likely that the update is at least 700 MB afaik. So hopefully its more than just those things listed that get fixed.
Well, that's definitely a good sign then. Maybe they are treating this like Apple treats an iOS launch. They only really promulgate the key features and updates, but there are still a ton of other fixes and updates included. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Maybe it's not exactly the same. For example, I believe there are controls for the ambient lighting in certain versions of MFT (which don't apply to the Focus).

Is the current revsion level of MFT for the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex similar to that of the Focus?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Maybe it's not exactly the same. For example, I believe there are controls for the ambient lighting in certain versions of MFT (which don't apply to the Focus).

Is the current revsion level of MFT for the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex similar to that of the Focus?
If I remember correctly, according to Jaclyn it's the exact same software. Maybe they're creating two different ones now, but who knows. On a side note: Really? That's all it fixes? Over 6 months and that's the changelog? Really?

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showp...81&postcount=6
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
suss6052
Focus Addict

From the description given by our resident IVT member it seems that the software is supposed to be the exact same, but I guess that the module knows what its in charge of and then only displays those features? I can't confirm that this version works with our cars, this was only meant to be a heads up that its coming and that the software is already available for other MFT equipped vehicles so it should theoretically not take long before it was available to Focus owners with this hardware.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post

The upscale models also have the seat heater controls integrated into the MFT.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Of all the bugs we have been experiencing with MFT. I would certainly hope an update worth having will include way more than that short list of 4 items.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #10
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
If it was just those few issues, it would be a 3.03 release (the one in our cars is 3.02, right?). The releasse from (iirc) 2.10 to 2.11 was more involved then that, so going from 3.02-->3.2 says its decently large

Bookmarks & Social Networks