so im shooting for 450whp in the future... how to get there? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT

Fan#: 69059
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
40 psi fuel pressure, right? ... Not out of a turbo?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drostedrummer89 View Post
40 psi fuel pressure, right? ... Not out of a turbo?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile
Yes 40psi base pressure on the fuel pressure regulator.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #23
Earls32
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46470
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 Earls32 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Gtx35r ;)
Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #24
bmylez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 64637
What I Drive: 2003 350Z Track

FF Reputation: 23 bmylez Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Surprised nobody has said this yet: every single question you have has been beaten to death about 100 times.

Anyway, wanting to spin to 8500 or 9k is just silly for the power you want. You clearly don't understand the relationship between HP, torque, and RPM. 450whp is pretty standard these days on this platform. You don't need a bunch of random parts to get there, just the basics. Some stg 2 Crower cams will help you stretch the torque out to get to 450 more easily.

Jim already said 60 lbs injectors are fine. Also, where'd you get the idea that Eagle rods are crap? As for intercooler, you could run the Top Speed kit...oh and by the way, you only listed their intake manifold, and you never picked out a turbo manifold, which is kinda sorta important...
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT - cursed
2003 350Z Track - basically stock, and it runs
Old 08-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #25
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
sweet. thanks for the info guys.

so now im down to what would be a good intercooler to run
tracking down a good place to balance the rotating assembly
and whether or not to run the same BOV and WG

i really would like to pick your brain roush. as far as the build goes im probably going to be going in much the same direction that you went in. maybe not quite as extreme in the end but in the neighborhood anyway. what clutch did you end up going with anyway? wasnt it the CM 5 twin disk? how much did it set you back and how did you like it while you drove with it? im guessing about 1200 or so and i bet that thing grabbed like a son-of-a-gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 AM   #26
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmylez View Post
Surprised nobody has said this yet: every single question you have has been beaten to death about 100 times.

Anyway, wanting to spin to 8500 or 9k is just silly for the power you want. You clearly don't understand the relationship between HP, torque, and RPM. 450whp is pretty standard these days on this platform. You don't need a bunch of random parts to get there, just the basics. Some stg 2 Crower cams will help you stretch the torque out to get to 450 more easily.

Jim already said 60 lbs injectors are fine. Also, where'd you get the idea that Eagle rods are crap? As for intercooler, you could run the Top Speed kit...oh and by the way, you only listed their intake manifold, and you never picked out a turbo manifold, which is kinda sorta important...
sorry if im beating a dead horse with the questions. ive just never looked that hard into boosting the focus until recently so i have lots of questions and my search-fu isnt very strong.

if i dont have to spin alot of rpm to get the power then im happy. like i said, im a firm believer in overkill. i like to know that i can even if i dont have to.

also like i said earlier about the eagle rods. im not sure when, where, or how the idea got into my head but i just wanted to clear it up and be sure. i would prefer to only have to do this build once and i want to get it right the first time.

i already have a turbo kit and turbo manifold. the manifold will get me there just fine. and if jim told me 60lb injectors would do the tricks sometime previously then i must have just missed that comment. ive been looking at the intercoolers from top speed pretty hard the last week or so and ive gotta say they are looking like winners.

and since i clearly dont understand the relationship between HP, torque, and RPM please feel free to explain it to me. if i have any misunderstandings or am wrong about anything i will be happy to be corrected and pointed in the right direction. i like learning things any time i get the chance.
Quote:
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #27
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Yeah. And their manifold is good forfree flowing air. Exhaust and intake. Don't forget a P&P head if not stated by now
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 08-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #28
Earls32
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46470
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 Earls32 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Jim's/my car lol ;) is running super tec pistons, and eagle rods. Stock valves, pnp head, comp stage 2 cams, and gt35r. The clutch is a CM fx600 725 series. Jim will also vouch for this, that clutch is probally one of the best mods to the car. It's very aggressive but still has a good amount of play, just fine for dd. They are usually 1500 but you can find deals on them. Good luck with your build.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #29
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earls32 View Post
Jim's/my car lol ;) is running super tec pistons, and eagle rods. Stock valves, pnp head, comp stage 2 cams, and gt35r. The clutch is a CM fx600 725 series. Jim will also vouch for this, that clutch is probally one of the best mods to the car. It's very aggressive but still has a good amount of play, just fine for dd. They are usually 1500 but you can find deals on them. Good luck with your build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
sweet. thanks for the info guys.

so now im down to what would be a good intercooler to run
tracking down a good place to balance the rotating assembly
and whether or not to run the same BOV and WG

i really would like to pick your brain roush. as far as the build goes im probably going to be going in much the same direction that you went in. maybe not quite as extreme in the end but in the neighborhood anyway. what clutch did you end up going with anyway? wasnt it the CM 5 twin disk? how much did it set you back and how did you like it while you drove with it? im guessing about 1200 or so and i bet that thing grabbed like a son-of-a-gun.
Like chris said (quoted above) The clutchmasters twin disk is up there with the top mods ive done. The smaller disk allow for easy disengagement at high RPM, Chris will tell you i can shift it effortlessly at high rpm and it will allow you to shift much faster. its grabby but very manageable, since it uses two different clutch materials it allows it to slip as much as you would like. Actually after about 10 miles i was use to the clutch its not a huge difference then a single plate clutch. The biggest difference is i added a 3in (i think thats the size) pedal stop so you dont over extend the presure plate.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 08-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #30
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

curious about the pedal stop. i want to make sure i understand what you are talking about. this was to stop you from pushing the clutch pedal all the way to the floor i assume?

thats pretty pricey for the clutch but considering how much everything else costs it really isnt that bad. any guess as to how many miles you will get out of it?

this is probably going to sound really dumb but im going to ask anyway since im a turbo noob. why is it that it seems like everyone that makes big numbers runs a garret turbo? what are the pros and cons of a garret vs turbonetics or comp? is it a price thing? performance? longevity?
Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks