Ocean Shores Focus Wars - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > North West Fanatics > Ocean Shores Focus Wars

Ocean Shores Focus Wars Discuss about Ocean Shores Focus Wars related events and scheduling.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #201
Thugology101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96051
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Thugology101 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertST View Post
I stole some pics from Aaron and posted them on the Ford Focus Showroom section. Made sure to put Thugology101's "Best 2012" & "Best Audio" on there lol.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296320
LOL you rock. Thanks for all your hard work. Even though it wasnt a huge gathering it was still living large.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #202
Drumr90
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99659
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX5 auto

FF Reputation: 3 Drumr90 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Posted via FF Mobile
Great pics man
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #203
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
cool beans
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 08-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #204
BertST
Focus Addict

Fan#: 66037
What I Drive: 05 Red ST / 06 White SES

FF Reputation: 3 BertST Good Standing Member
We were talking and thought everthing turned out great! The people, the competitions, the food/drink, the camping, no speeding tickets, the photos, the business support, the cars...

Thugology101 had a great suggestion for next year that we take on a charity to support.

We'll start planning much earlier for next year. Let's chat about what worked, what didn't, what you'd like to see or do.

Thanks everyone!
-Bert Sr. & Jr.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #205
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Next time I'll caravan w/ you guy's instead of the day before & not spending as much time as I wanted too. What do you guy's think of next yrs labor day? Or another 3 day wkend?
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #206
red_devil_04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71963
What I Drive: 2004 Vermillian Red SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 red_devil_04 Good Standing Member
I really enjoyed the poker run. That was the first time I had ever done one. That's one thing we should keep doing. I also liked the idea of Aberdeen Ford letting Ric take out the new Focus, that was sweet. I know next year my car will be all one color with some custom pin striping. If we do make this a yearly meet, we should def. use it as a charity run and make shirts for the people who attend that way we can advertise it even more or even do stickers.
Sedan Revolution #182/NW Posse #40
Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
Dr. Seuss
Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #207
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A Garsh Dern 'Murican Flag, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
The poker run was definitely fun! And we should try to get more people camping, I think that was actually one of the best parts of the trip. The awards were really cool too, maybe we can expand the categories as the number of people increases. Eventually, I want this thing to be so big that people from California come to it! I mean, we already had the Canadians come! And, getting a car from Fswerks would be flippin sweet. If we could have a rep come out in a tricked out stage 2 turbo'd focus, that would be awesome!

As far as charity work goes, I'm not really sure what would interest everyone, but my dad runs an organization called Rhino Mercy, whose goal is to help end the slaughter of the African rhinoceros. Its a pretty cool program, if anyone is interested, here's the link: http://www.rhinomercy.org/ If we end up going with with a charity that would get more support like the Susan G Kommen Foundation or something like that, I would understand though.

And I don't know how Labor day would work for me, personally. I don't get holidays off, and I actually get double pay to work them, so I really have a hard time not working on holidays. That, and people always like to take holidays off where I work, and being the lowest man on the totem pole for my employer, it's nearly impossible for me to get holiday weekends off. I like the weekend we had it on this year... but that's just me.
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02

Last edited by matmatician; 08-29-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #208
CJohn364
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing MemberCJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Nice pics, guys. Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules
Old 08-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #209
Thugology101
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96051
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 Thugology101 Good Standing Member
Holidays really dont work for me either. And if we're trying to get more people to actually show I think thats going the wrong way. A lot of people have plans for the summer three day weekends. I believe it would hurt attendance more than help it.

We just need to set a date more in advance and advertise it harder. I can print flyers and send them out to stores all around and make it a "tryout" for Focus owners who arent yet on board. At least for the caravan and poker run.

Also Ric's brother was talking about a 15 or so unit motel. If we could fill it or at least enough of it.. I didnt sleep very well with my car so far away and out of sight :(.

And yes I think a 10.00 entry fee per car with all proceeds going to a charity would bring more people into the fold that normally would ride the fence. And I would actually be great with this run replacing the Seaside run. Not closer for me but definitely much more worth it.

I just think the biggest key is getting people to commit and then to show.

/rant off/
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #210
MegaJoltSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94148
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MegaJoltSVT Good Standing Member
The Poker run was awesome.. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but once I did.. loved it! It would be great to have a flyer we could put on other foci. Eugene, OR is just as far as Vancouver and I think the Fund raiser aspect would make it easier to decide to drive that far. Holidays aren't usually good for bringing in a larger, planned group; but weekends are good to make sure it doesn't interfere with work...

Bookmarks & Social Networks