Dominanteng.com def worth the wait - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50465
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 bennyfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The annoying thing about the ORP is its a 50/50 shot its not the ORP and its your header. I went through 3 used headers I had laying around trying to put stock exhaust back on a car and all 3 were bent. 2 had the tell tale dent in the one primary the 3rd looked flawless but its hard to put an o2 sensor in when the header has the o2 bung in the cat pushed under the oil pan.

I got everything from Dom in I think about a month give or take and I love the suspension stuff it fits and looks great.

Unless he got help he was a 1 man show last I checked so you just need to deal with that fact when you order parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #22
Flynz4me
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80744
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT #3965

FF Reputation: 1 Flynz4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyfocus View Post
The annoying thing about the ORP is its a 50/50 shot its not the ORP and its your header. I went through 3 used headers I had laying around trying to put stock exhaust back on a car and all 3 were bent. 2 had the tell tale dent in the one primary the 3rd looked flawless but its hard to put an o2 sensor in when the header has the o2 bung in the cat pushed under the oil pan.

I got everything from Dom in I think about a month give or take and I love the suspension stuff it fits and looks great.

Unless he got help he was a 1 man show last I checked so you just need to deal with that fact when you order parts.
I would agree in most cases, but when the header is brand new there isn't an excuse. The window of tolerance is huge and to be off 3/4" is an "almost complete design".

With that said, there maybe a simple explanation, like, he sourced a new tubing bender and the old one had the golden recipe (what we call it in CNC programming). I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he was upfront with his lead times. I have to quote jobs everyday and the potential customer always gets a time to completion estimate with each one.

It's great that the suspension parts fit nice (that is the part that will kill you if it failed), and they have always looked good in the pics I've seen! Post up some pics Bennyfocus and show off your goodies!
Proud owner of #3965 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #23
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynz4me View Post
I would agree in most cases, but when the header is brand new there isn't an excuse. The window of tolerance is huge and to be off 3/4" is an "almost complete design".

With that said, there maybe a simple explanation, like, he sourced a new tubing bender and the old one had the golden recipe (what we call it in CNC programming). I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he was upfront with his lead times. I have to quote jobs everyday and the potential customer always gets a time to completion estimate with each one.

It's great that the suspension parts fit nice (that is the part that will kill you if it failed), and they have always looked good in the pics I've seen! Post up some pics Bennyfocus and show off your goodies!

At the end of the day I have dealt with him on multiple occasions and in person and hes always been great to deal with and the one issue I had he made right. It seems the only part he has ever made I see complaints about are his ORP. I have one, it fits, I love it, if yours is screwed up he will work with you. You're right though it should fit with a new header there is no reason for it not to.

As for my goodies the only person on these forums that has seen my car is PumkinSvt, if you are interested I'll pm you some pics of it. I don't care much for the opinions and attitudes of some on here so I prefer to not make a build thread and open up that can of worms.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #24
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
As for my goodies the only person on these forums that has seen my car is PumkinSvt, if you are interested I'll pm you some pics of it. I don't care much for the opinions and attitudes of some on here so I prefer to not make a build thread and open up that can of worms.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see your mods on your Foci. It great to mod your car & this forum is a great place for it. I believe a great number of people here would enjoy seeing your pix.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #25
SVTF 03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99859
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT EAP ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF 03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'd like to see some pics of a car with Dominic's suspension on it for sure.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #26
bennyfocus
Focus Enthusiast

I'm hopefully going to have it pushed out of the far corners of the garage this weekend to get my drivetrain back in it. If I get everything together I'll snap some pics and post a link in here.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #27
Echo Leader
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15189
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue 3-Door SVT Focus w/ European Appearance Package

FF Reputation: 1 Echo Leader Good Standing Member
I seem to be in trapped in the same situation SVTF 03 and apparently a bunch of others found themselves...

I ordered my ORP/Flex combo from Dominic about a month ago (July 30). The initial ORP rubbed the half-shaft. Dom was quick to respond saying he'd correct it, which was excellent. I asked if he would need the flex pipe as well and he said he would not, so I shipped him only the ORP.

I received the re-worked ORP from him on August 23rd and tried to install it that night. The ORP now clears the half-shaft, but the result is that the flex is about 3 inches below where it needs to be to interface correctly with the cat-back. I have to put a huge amount of force onto the flex in order to get it anywhere near the cat-back so, unlike some others, Iím still boned.

I sent Dom a set of pictures documenting the issue that night and asking what he could do, but he hasn't responded to any of my emails since August 19th. I've had to give up as I need to get the car back on the road. Hopefully he'll stand behind his product and refund me my money as otherwise I'll have spent close to $400 for him to make me a fairly cumbersome paperweight.

I understand the Ďone-man-bandí issue, but leaving a paying customer who has received defective goods in the dark for 10 days now isnít on. It doesnít take more than thirty seconds to email saying ĎDammit, Iím sorry. Send it all back for a refund as this is not representative of the standards to which I hold myself.í

tl;dr: ORP/Flex still doesn't fit after a re-work and Dominic appears to be avoiding contact.

Any ideas?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
SVTF 03
Focus Enthusiast

Wish you were closer to me. I'd help out. Mine was a little long as well but I got it to work. I have the v-band? Do you? I bolted my orp and flex together and bolted that to the cat-back and then the header. It's tight. I was worried about it at for a bit but its been about a month and no issues as of yet. Just make sure everything is tight.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
Echo Leader
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15189
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue 3-Door SVT Focus w/ European Appearance Package

FF Reputation: 1 Echo Leader Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTF 03 View Post
Wish you were closer to me. I'd help out. Mine was a little long as well but I got it to work. I have the v-band? Do you? I bolted my orp and flex together and bolted that to the cat-back and then the header. It's tight. I was worried about it at for a bit but its been about a month and no issues as of yet. Just make sure everything is tight.
I do have the V-Band. I had the ORP and the flex together during my installation attempts, but I kept them slightly loose to allow the alignment to be tweaked. Initially I bolted the ORP up to the header and the resulting misalignment was so bad that I couldn't get it anywhere near lining up.

Here's a shot of the non-alignment:

Now, that's actually pushing against the cat-back rearwards so hard that it's distorting the hangers... and I've got the Poly ones on the rear three mounts. Here's an image showing that:

Thus the alignment is off both longitudinally and vertically.

Connecting to the catback first didn't work as the front mount point ends up interfering with the underside of the engine so much that I can't get it torqued up at the rear. So, I decided to try to disconnect the V-Band and attach both ends... that was a wreck. It's just not close enough to be functional in any way.

Ugh.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #30
SVTF 03
Focus Enthusiast

Wow, mine wasn't that bad. I have the 3 rear poly hangers and the 2 front poly as well. Just curious....what cat-back do you have?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->