Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Have you ordered your ST yet?

29K views 119 replies 39 participants last post by  Scubadog 
#1 ·
Just curious to see who has ordered their ST. What color did you pick and what package did you choose? My dad just ordered his yesterday at Tousley Ford and he was the 2nd person out of 3 people who are getting them at that location. They said that only the bigger Ford dealerships are getting them and they will only get 3 each! So I am really excited my dad got his! He ordered it in Tangerine Orange and with the 202A package (Recaro heated leathers, nav system, HID headlights...) The other 2 guys both ordered theirs in black which struck me as somewhat odd but to each his own [^] Also my dad claims they told him he gets a camera with the package which I hadn't heard of. Could it be a GOPRO? I do hope so [;)]

#2 ·
I just sent in my paperwork for an Oxford White one, base package with a sunroof. I couldn't be bothered to pay the additional for the HIDs, which were what I mainly wanted from the 202A package.

Didn't hear anything about a GOPRO though.

#4 ·
On Monday I'll be meeting with a second dealership to see if they are getting any in. If they aren't I'm going with another dealership that has one coming in with the options I want... lucky I know.

So if they don't have one coming in and I can't have them compete with the other dealership, I'll be tagging that vehicle as soon as I get the word.

Can't wait for this damn car

#5 ·
I'm waiting until next year. I want to put 50% down and I'm too busy right now to throw purchasing a new vehicle into the mix. But when I'm ready I'm getting my ST with option package 202A/ST3 in either Oxford White or Tangerine Scream (I've determined I'll have to see them in person to make a decision).

#6 ·
I may take a serious look at one later down the road. I can't justify throwing money out the window to trade in a practically new car. At some point, supply will outpace demand and I'll be able to strike a better deal. The initial gouging is inevitable.

But it's on my radar. :)

#7 ·
Just go through a reputable dealer, we all know the dealer retail price so you can just tell them you want to buy. I doubt they'll be gouged that much if at all.

#12 ·
So my dad tells me he got a call from Ford today and they told him they received the HID headlights and they were not happy with them. So apparently they are looking for a different company to supply the HIDs and that is going to cause some extra time added for the release on the 202a packages. Did anyone else get a call?

#15 ·
Performace Blue in St Louis

I just placed an order for a Performance Blue ST with the ST3 (202A) package with a moon roof. Dealer expects delivery beginning of October. Kinda sucks its that long of a wait.

#17 ·
I just placed an order for a Performance Blue ST with the ST3 (202A) package with a moon roof. Dealer expects delivery beginning of October. Kinda sucks its that long of a wait.
I could handle delivery the beginning of October. I'm worried it's going to be 8 or more weeks. I have my SVTF sold but don't really want to haul my two kids around in my Mustang for 2-3 months. LOL.

#21 ·
I won't be ordering one because I'll get to drive them at work anyway. [:)]

I'd definitely grab a Tangerine Scream though.

#22 ·
Will be placing an order Summer of next year on A/Z plan for a Black. Fully Loaded as I will have this car til the day I die... I keep all my cars and when they blow up I just have another project car.

My stocks will also have matured by then and will have a nice down payment.

#24 ·
Date is Just an Early ETA...

The early October Delivery Date was not a guarantee, just an estimate from the dealer (Dave Sinclair Ford) I ordered from in St. Louis. It does give me a little time to sell my 2007 Saturn Vue.

If I sell the Vue before I get the ST, I'll have to get by driving around in either my 2004 or 1968 Corvette. Don't throw anything at me! I know its a FORD community board.

At least they are American Made [hihi]

#43 ·
I can give you a little insight. My father happens to be a sales manager at a Ford dealership, and he got one of these forms for me (and before anyone asks, I don't get a crazy deal on a focus [:(]) Basically, this lets Ford know that there is a customer that has actually ordered this car and that the dealer is not just trying to get one on the lot. It will help expedite the ordering process. I should be hearing back on an actual date on Monday. In the meantime, I am going positively mental waiting on this thing [wiggle]

#26 ·
Hi all! Long time follower, short time member, first time poster.

Just ordered my White ST3 w/Moonroof tonight! Slight discount (MSRP rules in my area), got killed on trade (too new, lots of current incentives on new models), but I just keep smiling because I don't care - I just want it!

I've driven two ST2's, scared the salesman on one of the drives because the car handles sooo well!

Happy happy happy!

#31 ·
Congrats! And to FF!

Where did you get a chance to test drive the ST2?
Two dealers, Golf Mill, and Arlington Heights Ford who let me drive where I wanted. Bought from Arlington. Very happy with them.

#34 ·
I haven't been able to find anyone allowing test drives around me and I'm still waiting for mine to be built...sad

#36 ·
im hoping to be able to test drive one with in the first week of next month. pushing to order one asap.

just as a general question does anyone know when ford expects to sell the 8500 they said they are gonna make? or howmany they have sold/have been pre ordered?

#37 ·
Not sure but I can tell you now that if you didn't pre order one, its more than likely going to be hell trying to buy one off the lot. I have read a couple of posts that made me cringe. One person said their local dealership received only one ST and they were thinking of doing a silent auction [scratch]. Another person said their dealership was asking $5k over MSRP for the one they received [facepalm]. Looks like we are just going to have to wait and see.

#38 ·
ive already talked with 3 dealerships here one of them already has a buyer for an st2 tnagerine scream and the other 2 arent even sure of the ones they are being sent but one has 2 coming and the other has 1 coming all st2's. they already said whatever the enternet price is with are zip code is what they are selling if for.
i actualy have 2 of the dealerships calling me once they get theres in so i can take a good look at them and go for a test drive. gonna try to get the 2 dealerships to compete with one another on my purchase to get them to lower their prices.

in the end though if neither of them have a black st2 with performance blue seats they im gonna order one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.