Noob! - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM

Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Desert areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #31
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!
 
Klondike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Fan#: 25991
Location: Tempe, AZ
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Posts: 10,786
Points 33,134, Level 100
Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
i have a cosworth CAI, see where the fender flares are on my front bumper, on drivers side thats where mine is and its fine, never hydrolocked, it gets dirty, i clean it every oil change or every oil change and its been fine, just do a recharge, 20 dollars gets you a good 5-10 recharges, and if you wanna test fit em before you buy you def can do it, i know svt rotors up front are a tad bigger, i know i had no clearance issues on mine, i believe d20 rotors are 11 and svts are 11.2 inches, but the offset on the wheels are a +38, some 15s clear svt brakes, never tried with these ronal rts, usually you need a 16
__________________
Focus Nation
Focus Revolution
Chrenron 1 of 3
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Klondike is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast
 
_Auricom_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101454
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What I Drive: 04 ZX5 SVT & 01 Eclipse GT

Posts: 106
Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 _Auricom_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Bump for Goodies that came and are now on except the rear brace bar by MASSIVE and the Carbon Fiba Shorty Antenna . .. shit got me mad I haven't gotten the antenn yet. lolz The rear strut bar will be installed this sunday when I haz time.

K&N with new filter is an improvement for sure over the AEM CAI only cuz the AEM was beat to heck, too many bendz ripps on the filter and what not. Pretty happy thus far. CFM 67mm is next on the table along with the two front window tint by Viper and a swap in head Unit with my Fusion IPOD playa, ... playa!
_Auricom_ is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #33
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
A front strut bar is useless on a focus, and that short ram adds no power to a svt. Best intake for the svt is stock, or a true cold air. At normal operating temps that maf sensors reading in some hot air. Just an fyi. And clean interior btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #34
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Also forgot. A good set of spark plug wires are good, but the stock coil is best for the focus msd coils do nothing for focus'. Under drive pulleys are also a waist of time and money . They are dyno proven to do nothing to our cars, just a heads up dude :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #35
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast
 
_Auricom_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101454
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What I Drive: 04 ZX5 SVT & 01 Eclipse GT

Posts: 106
Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 _Auricom_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
A front strut bar is useless on a focus, and that short ram adds no power to a svt. Best intake for the svt is stock, or a true cold air. At normal operating temps that maf sensors reading in some hot air. Just an fyi. And clean interior btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile

Useless?? then why did the company make them with the front lower strut bar?
The SRI IS and improvement for the sorry excuse for a "CAI" it came with & again, is a temporary fix should I decide to go FI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
Also forgot. A good set of spark plug wires are good, but the stock coil is best for the focus msd coils do nothing for focus'. Under drive pulleys are also a waist of time and money . They are dyno proven to do nothing to our cars, just a heads up dude :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
So what's next, Are you going to say the stock suspension is better than a set of coilovers as well??
_Auricom_ is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #36
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Auricom_ View Post

Useless?? then why did the company make them with the front lower strut bar?
The SRI IS and improvement for the sorry excuse for a "CAI" it came with & again, is a temporary fix should I decide to go FI.



So what's next, Are you going to say the stock suspension is better than a set of coilovers as well??

Obviously you have much to learn with these cars. Talk to 1turbofocus (tom) he's own and built a bunch of focus and is one of the best tuners out there. He'll tell you stock intake is best if not a cai. And under drive pulleys are a waist of money I'm sure he'll tell you like he's told hundreds before. Same thing with the msd coil. The stock one is the best out there for a focus under 300 horsepower or so. FRONT TOP strut bar is useless as well on FOCUS'. There only eye candy. Being a wise arse (as I'm interpreting it, maybe your not) when I'm telling you I've been around these forums for years, that there all useless on svtfs. Maybe if you searched before you clicked checkout on some items you would save your money, for a little bit of time. Or then again, maybe your a fan of placebo affects because thats all that crap will give you
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #37
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Oh yea and btw, depends on which coilovers , a cheap chinese set from eBay I'm sure wouldn't be better then stock suspension ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #38
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Proofs in the pudding!

Read the beginning of the first post. Iirc your not close to 700whp.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143976

Read post 5/6. Mentions how pulleys are useless.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194176

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178293

And last but not least:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s....php?p=3514538

Post 8-9.


I know, its a lot on a noob all at once. :/ sorry but I back my sht up
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)

Last edited by 1hotfocus; 08-26-2012 at 03:19 AM.
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #39
_Auricom_
Focus Enthusiast
 
_Auricom_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101454
Location: Phoenix, AZ
What I Drive: 04 ZX5 SVT & 01 Eclipse GT

Posts: 106
Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 _Auricom_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
Obviously you have much to learn with these cars. Talk to 1turbofocus (tom) he's own and built a bunch of focus and is one of the best tuners out there. He'll tell you stock intake is best if not a cai. And under drive pulleys are a waist of money I'm sure he'll tell you like he's told hundreds before. Same thing with the msd coil. The stock one is the best out there for a focus under 300 horsepower or so. FRONT TOP strut bar is useless as well on FOCUS'. There only eye candy. Being a wise arse (as I'm interpreting it, maybe your not) when I'm telling you I've been around these forums for years, that there all useless on svtfs. Maybe if you searched before you clicked checkout on some items you would save your money, for a little bit of time. Or then again, maybe your a fan of placebo affects because thats all that crap will give you
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
How about reading the thread instead of vomiting out your response?
The Foci came with NO stock box. Again, if I were to post pics of the beat AEM CAI you would think a little before stating the K&N sri I just got is not better than it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
Oh yea and btw, depends on which coilovers , a cheap chinese set from eBay I'm sure wouldn't be better then stock suspension ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
Ebay? my god have ppl gone that low before?? ... I'll make this one a little easier on you. How bout a set of Ksport Pro Kontrol coilovers. Easily on par with D2's(same coilover, different company/paint job) & Megans. Not the best out there but for the money your getting ALOT out of this investment. BTW, Ksports Headquarter's office is in Gilbert AZ which is in Phoenix. Why is that even important enough to post you say?? ... well should I have any issue's or a need to rebuild them there is literaly no downtime as I can walk in their office, drop it off and pick it back up within a week timsworth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotfocus View Post
Proofs in the pudding!

Read the beginning of the first post. Iirc your not close to 700whp.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143976

Read post 5/6. Mentions how pulleys are useless.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194176

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178293

And last but not least:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s....php?p=3514538

Post 8-9.


I know, its a lot on a noob all at once. :/ sorry but I back my sht up
Your not backing your shit up at all retard and your not impressing me at all with your regurgitation of previous, not to mention other members posts. Let me flame you once more by telling to quite trying to take credit from other member's efforts. Thanks for the tips though! =) lolz

Last edited by _Auricom_; 08-26-2012 at 06:28 PM.
_Auricom_ is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #40
1hotfocus
Focus Addict
 
1hotfocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fan#: 82813
Location: NYC NYC NYC NYC!, NY
What I Drive: 00' sedan

Posts: 744
FF Reputation: 7 1hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Auricom_ View Post
you know, I made a mistake in assuming you were on here to troll. I had that happen on other forums. You pointed out some good pointers and I feel like the retard now. sorry! Thanks for your input & Erep given! =)

No problem man, just looking out to help! Any questions don't be afraid to ask, this forum really is greatml. Hope you enjoy it here :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using FF Mobile
__________________
Give rep if youve been helped :)
1hotfocus is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat