Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 133 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #1321
Serengeti
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83526
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Serengeti Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Actually I drove at noon time and at supper time. It was good at noon but it was there a little at supper time. The temp is 28f/82c. One other thing it does is that tinny rattling sound from the left side of the car that has been mentioned here. It was doing that tonight but not this morning or at noon time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #1322
Blk5dr64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100542
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titainium

FF Reputation: 1 Blk5dr64 Good Standing Member
Fixed

I posted on page 108 that both clutches were replaced on my car and it was fixed. I then posted on page 110 that everyone with the shift/grinding problem should go to their dealer and demand clutch replacement. "Hey a guy in North Carolina had both his clutches replaced and his car is doing great".

I had hoped that others on this forum would have done the same as I did and would report here that their cars are repaired as well.

I am not the saving grace of this problem, I got mine fixed and was only trying to help others. I really wanted to start a revolution of Focus owners against Ford with regard to the trans issue. I feel sure the Corporate biggies are outside my house waiting to zap this post because I have suggested a way for all of you to get your cars fixed.

Now, if the navagation lady would just do what I ask her to do instead of always argueing with me.......
Old 08-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #1323
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
After the initial break-in, clutch failures usually manifest themselves with chatter, or shudder. My defective clutch affected gears 2, 4, and 6. The other clutch would affect 1, 3, and 5, but I don't remember which side reverse is on.

Fluid leaking on the clutch(s) may cause this, as well as defective clutch components, or abnormal DCT shifting behavior which glazes the plates. My clutch was damaged from abnormal DCT shifting behavior. It (clutch) was replaced, and all seems well now, several thousand miles later. My issue reached its peak at 4K miles on the odo. The latest transmission flash was installed at the same time, which mitigated the revving which destroyed the plates.

I have already posted this much earlier in this thread, but thought it prudent to repeat.

My problem was reproduced by the service department, and coupled with my own knowledge about what was happening and why, and telling their transmission guru, it was fixed, and promptly.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #1324
JimsFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99994
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Cruze,1966 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 JimsFocus Good Standing Member
I'm glad to hear that some folks are getting results. If nothing else, it should put to rest the excuse that these problems are normal. In my case, I could not get Ford to authorize any work to be done to my transmission, even though the service manager recommended it. Good luck to all those still having problems.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #1325
TrooperSeven
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103079
What I Drive: 2012, silver, SE

FF Reputation: 1 TrooperSeven Good Standing Member
I bought a 2012 focus hatchback in May of this year. Love the car, but the car leaks water in the right rear cargo area every time I drive on wet roads. I've had it in for service for this problem twice. Second time the dealer had it for 4 days. It still leaks, I'm talking alot. The carpet is drenched every time it rains. Only the lower side carpet ( nothing from the top ). At this point I'm looking at finding another dealer ( not the one where I purchased at at ) that can fix it right. resale for this car just dropped by at least 2K. In the shop going to be three times for water leaking into it. who's going to want to buy it. Anyone who carfax's it will see the problems with it and not want to buy it for sure. Frustrating! anyone else having the same problem? I'd like to see if there is.....
Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #1326
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperSeven View Post
I bought a 2012 focus hatchback in May of this year. Love the car, but the car leaks water in the right rear cargo area every time I drive on wet roads. I've had it in for service for this problem twice. Second time the dealer had it for 4 days. It still leaks, I'm talking alot. The carpet is drenched every time it rains. Only the lower side carpet ( nothing from the top ). At this point I'm looking at finding another dealer ( not the one where I purchased at at ) that can fix it right. resale for this car just dropped by at least 2K. In the shop going to be three times for water leaking into it. who's going to want to buy it. Anyone who carfax's it will see the problems with it and not want to buy it for sure. Frustrating! anyone else having the same problem? I'd like to see if there is.....
If this was my car, I would determine where the water was coming in. Here's how I would do it:
  1. Fold the rear seat down.
  2. Have someone sit in the hatch area.
  3. Using a hose, spray water around the hatch area, starting at the sides and then the top.
  4. The person inside should see where the water is entering the car. Maybe ask him or her to take a picture.

I a suspect that the problem is that the weatherstrip is not sealing properly. It should be a very easy fix. If you cannot get your dealer to address the problem, try another dealer or escalate the problem to one the Ford customer service reps on this forum.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #1327
TrooperSeven
Focus Rookie

when I wash the car it doesn't leak. it's coming in from below when I drive it on wet roads. The dealer even confirmed that.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #1328
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
when I wash the car it doesn't leak. it's coming in from below when I drive it on wet roads. The dealer even confirmed that.
In that case, I'd remove everything from the rear hatch area and have someone ride back there when the roads are wet - maybe the tech? If the dealer acknowledges the problem, it is documented and they should fix it.

Maybe even use a high pressure hose in the wheel wells to find the source of the leak.

Or - with everything removed from the hatch, spray water (gently) along all the seams and watch where water drips out the bottom.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #1329
TrooperSeven
Focus Rookie

I should of explained it better I know. The water only comes in the lower right side of the carpet ( about 6 inches up the lower side ) and where the spare tire sits is full of water. he said he fixed it. It took about a month for the problem to come back. So I'm thinking they used some kind of sealant that failed. I think they need to replace the right wheel well completely for a proper repair.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:15 AM   #1330
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I should of explained it better I know. The water only comes in the lower side of the carpet ( about 6 inches up the lower side ) and where the spare tire sits is full of water. he said he fixed it. It took about a month for the problem to come back. So I'm thinking they used some kind of sealant that failed. I think they need to replace the right wheel well completely for a proper repair.
That's OK. I am trying to visualize water spraying up into the rear hatch. If there is a body plug in the spare tire area, you can remove it to drain the water.

If they used a silicone sealer along the seam, that will work, but, what they probably need to do is weld the seam. It sounds like they know where the leak is and that they need to do a proper repair.

Please escalate to the Ford Rep on the forum. This should be a relatively easy repair.

Bookmarks & Social Networks