seat belt alarm. how do you turn it off??? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #21
TerryB
Focus Fanatic
 
TerryB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Fan#: 34559
Location: Riverside, RI
What I Drive: Red '01 ZX3

Posts: 2,917
Points 5,136, Level 45
Points: 5,136, Level: 45 Points: 5,136, Level: 45 Points: 5,136, Level: 45
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 68 TerryB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Ummmmm..........I posted a link.
TerryB is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
rogue1
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Fan#: 63285
Location: spokane, washington, United States
What I Drive: 2003, white, ZX3

Posts: 14
FF Reputation: 3 rogue1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an extra male buckle in my glove box. Cut it off of a used belt. When doing maintenance or listening to the radio while cleaning, etc., I just plug it into the clasp. No more chime. Time to go, toss it back in the glove box. Simple. I used to do that complicated one time deactivation. It's a pain, and as soon as you turn the ignition off you have to do it again. I do not drive untethered.
rogue1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101801
Location: Champaign, IL
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

Posts: 170
FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You pansies making a big deal about disabling a seatbelt chime are something else. You may not be aware, but a seatbelt chime is a "convenience" feature, not a regulated safety item. It's not always so convenient especially considering it will chime even if you are sitting still.

Even IF someone intended on driving down a busy public road without a seatbelt it's THEIR issue and nobody elses. Seatbelt laws may be benevolent by intent but if there is ANY domain whatsoever that an individual should have final say - it's their body. For Christ's sake I'm willing to bet those concerned about his seatbelt are also "pro-choice". If this is the case - congratulations for being the biggest hypocrite known to man.

FYI for those who prefer personal choice, freedom and a general lack of rude, opinionated pricks:

if your seatbelt switch is normally open - you can disconnect it and jump it to fool the vehicle into thinking it's always buckled

if your seatbelt switch is normally closed - you can just disconnect it to fool the vehicle.

However, the rude, opinionated pricks who think they know better or think anyone cares what they think aren't fooling anyone.
IH84DZ is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
rogue1
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Fan#: 63285
Location: spokane, washington, United States
What I Drive: 2003, white, ZX3

Posts: 14
FF Reputation: 3 rogue1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A genius in the wing. Bath salts today? Or just born cheesedick?
rogue1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #25
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast
 
Michael_Price1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101650
Location: Pueblo, CO
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

Posts: 115
FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i just got tired of it beeping at me.. my seat belt harness is non existent since the last owner removed it. i wear my seat belt. and the beeping is Loud as shit. not at first... but it gets to you... i drove two and a half hours to Denver. and back. my god... i took the beeper out! i dont have a problem with it. if it worked the way it was supposed to. i dont know why the prior owners swapped out the seats and cut the seat harness. id rather have the factory seats with the heaters for colorado winters!
__________________
- Michael Price

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC
Michael_Price1990 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #26
DrkKnight614
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,143
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84DZ View Post
You pansies making a big deal about disabling a seatbelt chime are something else. You may not be aware, but a seatbelt chime is a "convenience" feature, not a regulated safety item. It's not always so convenient especially considering it will chime even if you are sitting still.

Even IF someone intended on driving down a busy public road without a seatbelt it's THEIR issue and nobody elses. Seatbelt laws may be benevolent by intent but if there is ANY domain whatsoever that an individual should have final say - it's their body. For Christ's sake I'm willing to bet those concerned about his seatbelt are also "pro-choice". If this is the case - congratulations for being the biggest hypocrite known to man.

FYI for those who prefer personal choice, freedom and a general lack of rude, opinionated pricks:

if your seatbelt switch is normally open - you can disconnect it and jump it to fool the vehicle into thinking it's always buckled

if your seatbelt switch is normally closed - you can just disconnect it to fool the vehicle.

However, the rude, opinionated pricks who think they know better or think anyone cares what they think aren't fooling anyone.


Posted via FF Mobile Holy thread revival batman...not only does a seatbelt protect the person wearing it, it will also protect other people as well. Its simple physics, if you crash, the car will stop, but your body won't. Guess where you are going, most likely forward, into the windshield. But you see, windshields don't always stop the body, sometimes it goes through it, usually the next thing struck will stop it. This could be anything from the road, to a tree, or even another car, possibly the one you crashed right into head on. Now you've become a missile, and have the potential to do more harm or even kill someone. Does this happen exactly like this all the time? No, but it does happen, people are ejected outta cars on impact all the time. Put your damn belt on. I'm rushing out of my house to bring your arse to the hospital, not to scrape it off the road. Also, any other occupants in the vehicle can be either seriously injured or killed by the unbuckled occupant flying around in the vehicle. Back seat riders that think they don't need to buckle up are the worst. They think the seat will stop them, yea? Ya think so huh? Wrong, you are either breaking part of the seat or going over it, and guess whats happening to the person in front of you when that happens. I yell at my friends girl friend all the time, well I used to anyway. I was like if we get into an accident and you fly forward and break my best friends neck you better hope you're dead. She loves her boyfriend deeply. Safe to say I don't need to say a damn thing anymore.

So guess what, I'm all about pro choice, but if your average 200-250lb american is hurtling towards me because they didn't feel like putting their seatbelt on because THEY thought they knew better, I'm gonna be hella pissed off.
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
IH84DZ
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101801
Location: Champaign, IL
What I Drive: 03 CD silver SVT 5 door

Posts: 170
FF Reputation: 5 IH84DZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Holy thread revival batman...not only does a seatbelt protect the person wearing it, it will also protect other people as well. Its simple physics, if you crash, the car will stop, but your body won't. Guess where you are going, most likely forward, into the windshield. But you see, windshields don't always stop the body, sometimes it goes through it, usually the next thing struck will stop it. This could be anything from the road, to a tree, or even another car, possibly the one you crashed right into head on. Now you've become a missile, and have the potential to do more harm or even kill someone. Does this happen exactly like this all the time? No, but it does happen, people are ejected outta cars on impact all the time. Put your damn belt on. I'm rushing out of my house to bring your arse to the hospital, not to scrape it off the road. Also, any other occupants in the vehicle can be either seriously injured or killed by the unbuckled occupant flying around in the vehicle. Back seat riders that think they don't need to buckle up are the worst. They think the seat will stop them, yea? Ya think so huh? Wrong, you are either breaking part of the seat or going over it, and guess whats happening to the person in front of you when that happens. I yell at my friends girl friend all the time, well I used to anyway. I was like if we get into an accident and you fly forward and break my best friends neck you better hope you're dead. She loves her boyfriend deeply. Safe to say I don't need to say a damn thing anymore.

So guess what, I'm all about pro choice, but if your average 200-250lb american is hurtling towards me because they didn't feel like putting their seatbelt on because THEY thought they knew better, I'm gonna be hella pissed off.
Yes, yes. I'm sure on the list of reasons to wear a seatbelt near the bottom of the 98th page there is a statement about the dangers of ballistic bodies flying through two windshields and injuring those not injured by the collision of two two-ton plus metal objects. I'll file that right next to
"Simple physics - likelihood of comet crushing me while pissing on a tree"

If a body were flying at you after a crash could it hurt you? Sure.

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle, too. This hypothetical can go on ad infinitum.

Next time I'm looking for a laugh I'll ask you about your thoughts of wearing helmets while navigating stairwells. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE OF HEAD INJURIES WHILE TUMBLING DOWN STAIRWELLS!!!????

Meanwhile I'll just keep on believing that only I should determine if and when measures to protect my health and livelihood should be taken.
IH84DZ is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
DrkKnight614
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,143
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84DZ View Post
Yes, yes. I'm sure on the list of reasons to wear a seatbelt near the bottom of the 98th page there is a statement about the dangers of ballistic bodies flying through two windshields and injuring those not injured by the collision of two two-ton plus metal objects. I'll file that right next to
"Simple physics - likelihood of comet crushing me while pissing on a tree"

If a body were flying at you after a crash could it hurt you? Sure.

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle, too. This hypothetical can go on ad infinitum.

Next time I'm looking for a laugh I'll ask you about your thoughts of wearing helmets while navigating stairwells. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE OF HEAD INJURIES WHILE TUMBLING DOWN STAIRWELLS!!!????

Meanwhile I'll just keep on believing that only I should determine if and when measures to protect my health and livelihood should be taken.


Posted via FF Mobile But, it doesnt just effect your life, which is what I just pointed out...but ok.
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
rogue1
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Fan#: 63285
Location: spokane, washington, United States
What I Drive: 2003, white, ZX3

Posts: 14
FF Reputation: 3 rogue1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's good to know. Cause the majority of people who are vegetableized from ejections, or flying around in the cab after a wreck get to milk the taxpayer funded system that keeps tubes up your nose and perpetuates a non life. See, it's not just about you when you put a burden on others conducting your freedom to be a fool.
rogue1 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
justalilslow
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Fan#: 59266
Location: nwa, AR
What I Drive: 05 gutted hatch

Posts: 170
Points 927, Level 16
Points: 927, Level: 16 Points: 927, Level: 16 Points: 927, Level: 16
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 justalilslow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hey some of us swap out seats to something other than stock, say a bucket... So its nice to have that chime shut up when their is no other way of getting those sensors to work again when their not their anymore.
__________________
05 gutted hatch
M88A1 recovery vehicle
justalilslow is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOW TO: Fix / Weld broken ZX3 Driver's seats niko MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades 7 07-31-2013 07:47 PM
Seat belt pre-tensioners rotor-man General Technical Chat 17 12-23-2009 11:41 PM
"How To"....repair a seat belt that's slow to retract. bluefront General Technical Chat 5 03-09-2009 05:52 PM
Help With 2004 Mustang Seat Belt Alarm bluebird Ford Focus & General Car Chat 0 11-13-2008 09:47 PM
Seat Belt Warning signal not working focusonit General Technical Chat 9 09-24-2005 08:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.