DDM Tuning = scammers - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11223
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 p0sitivevibez Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Thumbs down DDM Tuning = scammers

This was for my bike, but know people purchase from them for Foci...

I bought a 55w Dual slim HID kit from DDM in 2009 for my motorcycle with the lifetime warranty on the ballasts. Fast forward to 2012, one of my ballasts goes bad. I don't even ride that much anymore. So I go to return it. DDM requires the original/invoice number. The old email I used to purchase these is no longer owned by me so I don't have the original order number. But they must have it in their databases like any basic business right? Wrong. I tried contacting customer service via email...that got me nowhere. It's like they didn't even read what I wrote. So I call and speak to John. He says that since they replace their database in 2010, they have no info about any orders made before then. Also informs me that I won't be able to return my ballast even with the lifetime warranty because I don't have the order number.

I feel like I've been scammed. What business upgrades a database and discards all previous orders, while offering friggin lifetime warranties? Guess DDM does. Filed a complaint with BBB and let DDM know how I felt.

Also it's not like I could've bought the ballasts from someone else..they have DDM logos built into the actual ballasts!
Don't order from these scamming pricks! Besides I heard their quality has gone wayyyyy downhill in recent times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
thenorm
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14947
What I Drive: '04 liquid grey ZX3, built for FSP

FF Reputation: 33 thenorm Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
if they dont have the database, they wouldnt even know if the order # u gave them is legitimate. so give them a random #?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
InfraRedSVTF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17442
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3/2015 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 3 InfraRedSVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Their "lifetime warranty" means jack shit anyway. I had 2 sets that had ballasts go bad on me within the first few months, and they told me that it must be abuse. A few other people I know had the same problems. I tell everyone I know to steer clear of them.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Like the great Tommy Calahan once said..."Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."
Hatch Nation #29
Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
SVTFocusOnMe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89087
What I Drive: 2003 SVT EAP Screamin' Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 SVTFocusOnMe Good Standing Member
Interesting....
I have a friend that goes on and on about get a DDM HID kit they have lifetime warranty blah blah blah, for half the price I go on ebay and get the same thing, have had the same ebay HID kit in my cougar for the last 3 years NO PROBLEMS.

I have bought a fair share of HID kits for my cars and friends cars though and from my experiences I steer clear of the slim ballasts, they don't seem to have the same quality as the larger ones.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
xxMichaelAnthony
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58459
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 xxMichaelAnthony Great Standing Member
I have never had any problems with them but again they are local to me. Ive always walked in. Friends have never had a problem with warranties from them. Personally I could honestly care less about a lifetime warranty on an HID kit that costs less than a good set of halogens.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
you know what business has the same problem? oreillys. no info on checker customers. could not offer warranties on their stuff.

manager power... should work I would hope.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
Like the great Tommy Calahan once said..."Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."
hahaha!! im sorry but, this was hilarious! i love that movie and i read ur post the way he says it in the movie.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

M
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
I have never had any problems with them but again they are local to me. Ive always walked in. Friends have never had a problem with warranties from them. Personally I could honestly care less about a lifetime warranty on an HID kit that costs less than a good set of halogens.
It's the principal of the thing of them telling me I'm SOL cuz they can't manage a database like a functional human. Hell and Excel spreadsheet would've worked. I paid extra back then because of the warrantyand the rave reviews about them. I could've spend $20 on ebay at the time. Also I've recommended them to so many people. Nice to see they've effed other people over as well. Hope they go out of business.

Last edited by p0sitivevibez; 08-26-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
p0sitivevibez
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorm View Post
if they dont have the database, they wouldnt even know if the order # u gave them is legitimate. so give them a random #?
I'd have to give them something a little legit looking lol, but good point!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->