Your opinion: Will Ford "fix" the 2012 Focus for good? - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #91
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
LOL !!!

Yeah ... embrace the future .... poor shifting, rough shifing, gear hunting, shuddering automatics that are now called DCT's .... some improvement ....

I have no doubt that Ford will get it right .... but it sure as hell aint right now .... and if you think it is ... you're just willing to accept garbage because you don't want to admit your car has teething issues ....

REV

Very few times have I noted the "gear hunting"... maybe 2 or 3 times?

That annoying noise (either the blender or the far less frequent "washers clanging") is just that... I've found gear shifts, noise or not, to be very smooth... since 12B37, the rough shifting from idle has pretty much gone away...

I do worry that prior to 12B37, the DCT's gears have metal shavings as prior to 12B37 the roughness and other issues did creep in after ~500 miles or so... I should look to see if one can check the fluid -- if shavings exist then I can mention that when going in for an oil change... there should be no metal shavings in with the fluid...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #92
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 100528
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE 5-Door, 203A

FF Reputation: 1 collisionbend Good Standing Member
Jaclyn,

I had an issue with my phone, and it wasn't saving my list. I backed up my phone, reset my list in Address Book, and re-sync'ed it in iTunes - now it has the preferred list. Do I have to re-sync my phone with the car now?
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #93
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by collisionbend View Post
Jaclyn,

I had an issue with my phone, and it wasn't saving my list. I backed up my phone, reset my list in Address Book, and re-sync'ed it in iTunes - now it has the preferred list. Do I have to re-sync my phone with the car now?
Hey, collisionbend -

As long as you have the automatic phonebook download feature turned on, the system should update accordingly the next time you connect with the vehicle. To confirm, press the menu button and go through the following sequence: SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE PHONEBOOK

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions. :)

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #94
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
As long as you have the automatic phonebook download feature turned on, the system should update accordingly the next time you connect with the vehicle. To confirm, press the menu button and go through the following sequence: SETTINGS > PHONE > MANAGE PHONEBOOK
Jaclyn,

Weird, but I don't seem to have that path on my SYNC. It went more like SYNC-Media Phone > Phonebook.

Anyway, I looked at what was in the Phonebook, and now it is only what I have in the preferred list, not the entire contents of my address book. It is no longer trying to call email addresses...

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #95
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Jaclyn,
Weird, but I don't seem to have that path on my SYNC. It went more like SYNC-Media Phone > Phonebook.
Anyway, I looked at what was in the Phonebook, and now it is only what I have in the preferred list, not the entire contents of my address book. It is no longer trying to call email addresses...
Thanks for your help!
You're welcome, I'm glad to hear it's been resolved! Keep me in mind for future questions or concerns.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #96
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

One complaint that I harbor with my new Focus hatchback, however: one of the cords that hangs the storage cover from the tailgate broke loose from its mooring peg. The driver's side is clearly brought all the way through and properly melted into a flat disc which prevents the cord from working through and releasing, but the passenger side popped right through and disconnected. Grrrrr.....
Old 09-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #97
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

Points 479, Level 9
Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9 Points: 479, Level: 9
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
One complaint that I harbor with my new Focus hatchback, however: one of the cords that hangs the storage cover from the tailgate broke loose from its mooring peg. The driver's side is clearly brought all the way through and properly melted into a flat disc which prevents the cord from working through and releasing, but the passenger side popped right through and disconnected. Grrrrr.....
There is a TSB for those cords or connectors breaking .... Bring it to the service dept for a free fix.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #98
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Really? Hmmm....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #99
lptousig
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103592
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 lptousig Good Standing Member
I also own a 2012 SEL Focus and this is the worst car I had. My friend was about to buy a Titanium. I told him all the problem I've been going thru with the transmission. After a road test he finally decided to stick with Japan manufacturer. I had a Honda, 2 Acura and Mazda and I never experienced such problem. The transmission is very rough, shake a lot at start and sometime almost stop when I start. And now it's making terrible noise when it shift in 2nd. I saw people posting on youtube the sound transmission makes when shifting in 2nd. I am use to keep my cars up to 300,000KM but I don't feel this one will last that much. I am now at 44,000Km and it just gets worst. I when to the dealer they try to fix it but nothing as changed. I like the car, great looking hatchback, good finition and it stick on the road but transmission problem on brand new car is a major problem and it's not what I expect from a brand new car, it's not acceptable. I wanted to support american job and economy but I should have stay with Japan Mfg. Very dissapointed.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #100
collisionbend
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Yet one more person who doesn't understand that it's NOT an automatic transmission: it's an adaptive (yes, it learns how you drive), MANUAL transmission with a dry, dual, computer-operated clutch and shifter system! It's very, VERY different than an automatic transmission. Drive it like a stick - just don't shift!

Bookmarks & Social Networks