Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 132 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #1311
abilderback
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102971
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 abilderback Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dear Ford Customer Service,
How do I PM you my information I am having the same issues as all the others on this forum. I drive a lot I have 34000 miles on my car have had it for 1 year (got it with no miles) this has not "broken in" and they just did a transmission reprogram and it is WORSE. Right now it is at the dealership and they claim there is nothing wrong with it. Even though one of the service writers drove it with me in it and felt the shudder and the car trying to fall on its face. It is very scary to take off and turn left in front of someone and have the car fall on its face. I love everything else about my car but this problem is a problem and needs to be fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #1312
Serengeti
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83526
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Serengeti Good Standing Member
Here is my story. Got the car new in November 2011. I had some minor issues at first. It acted funny in reverse, had that shuddering feeling. My main issue was when I was in a drive through or stopped at a red light. If I took my foot off of the break the car would go backwards while in drive. Not always but often enough. Then I got a letter in the mail from Ford Canada for a recall for a transmission update. The backing up issue was one of the problems in the letter. So I had the update done at about the 18,000 kilometers/11,000 miles and the car worked perfectly for about a month. Now I am having the problem of shuddering from 1st to 2nd, big time. Things I have noticed.

1. If I am more aggressive with the gas it is not as bad.

2. Where I work there are speed bumps. It really hates these. It seems to not know if it is shifting up or down after slowing down for the bump then pressing the gas to for forward.

3. Temperature seems to be an issue and I mean both the weather and car engine. We have had some very hot weather here this summer. Lately it has been cooler in the morning. Cold car cool morning I hardly notice it. Hotter the day the more I notice it even if the car had not been running for hours. Hot engine/hot day, notice it big time.

I have no problems with Ford and service. My dealer is a smaller satellite of a bigger dealership in a neighboring town. They have arranged to have the car taken in for as long at it takes and they will give me a rental.
I'm wondering if the computer update should be done again? Any other comments. I would hate to have the car taken apart if it is some other issue, though now I am wondering if it is the clutch plates that some have had to replace.

Thanks for any comments.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #1313
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH84DZ View Post
After all this have you not driven the vehicle with a technician where the problem occurs?...I'm a very experienced technician, a former Ford motor engineer (the type FCSD is sending out to look at your car) and I'm also an automotive instructor...therefore I'm pretty familiar with the repair process. It's pretty understandable that issues can be intermittent and there is a possibility that upon previous service visits the techs haven't been able to verify your concerns - and therefore won't make any "shotgun" attempts to repair it. It's quite common for customers and/or service personnel to recommend a test drive with a tech present...
It sounds like you've been around town a few times; thanks for putting in the hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk5dr64 View Post
I posted a while back about having both clutches replaced by dealer and that turned out to be my "fix"...Go to your dealers and demand new clutches.
I'm glad this did the trick! Each issue may be a bit different, though. How long has it been since the clutches were replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abilderback View Post
Dear Ford Customer Service,
How do I PM you my information...I drive a lot I have 34000 miles on my car have had it for 1 year (got it with no miles) this has not "broken in" and they just did a transmission reprogram and it is WORSE. Right now it is at the dealership and they claim there is nothing wrong with it. Even though one of the service writers drove it with me in it and felt the shudder and the car trying to fall on its face. It is very scary to take off and turn left in front of someone and have the car fall on its face. I love everything else about my car but this problem is a problem and needs to be fixed.
I'm able to escalate this with your area's Customer Service Manager. Please click this link to view my profile: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/member.php?u=79824. After doing so, click "Send Message" (in white) then "Send a private message..." In the PM, please include your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti View Post
Here is my story. Got the car new in November 2011. I had some minor issues at first. It acted funny in reverse, had that shuddering feeling. My main issue was when I was in a drive through or stopped at a red light. If I took my foot off of the break the car would go backwards while in drive. Not always but often enough. Then I got a letter in the mail from Ford Canada for a recall for a transmission update. The backing up issue was one of the problems in the letter. So I had the update done at about the 18,000 kilometers/11,000 miles and the car worked perfectly for about a month. Now I am having the problem of shuddering from 1st to 2nd, big time. Things I have noticed.

1. If I am more aggressive with the gas it is not as bad.

2. Where I work there are speed bumps. It really hates these. It seems to not know if it is shifting up or down after slowing down for the bump then pressing the gas to for forward.

3. Temperature seems to be an issue and I mean both the weather and car engine. We have had some very hot weather here this summer. Lately it has been cooler in the morning. Cold car cool morning I hardly notice it. Hotter the day the more I notice it even if the car had not been running for hours. Hot engine/hot day, notice it big time.

I have no problems with Ford and service. My dealer is a smaller satellite of a bigger dealership in a neighboring town. They have arranged to have the car taken in for as long at it takes and they will give me a rental.
I'm wondering if the computer update should be done again? Any other comments. I would hate to have the car taken apart if it is some other issue, though now I am wondering if it is the clutch plates that some have had to replace...
If you haven't contacted our Canadian Customer Relationship Centre (800-565-3673) for further assistance; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer name. Once I have this info, I'll forward it to the appropriate rep.

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #1314
raywal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102946
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 0 raywal Newbie
Angry Transmission shutter

I had the same problem lthat everybody else talking about I'd put almost 5000 miles on my car before it went away
Old 08-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #1315
Randy Dante
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103002
What I Drive: 2012 red focus

FF Reputation: 1 Randy Dante Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi dvandy4898,

I appreciate that you are giving your dealer a chance to resolve this to your satisfaction. I am here if you need additional assistance, or feel unsatisfied in any way. Feel free to message me if I can be of any help.

~Natasha
I have a 2012 focus with the same issues and the dealer is no help. They tell me its normal. I ask for a phone number to ford and they tell me to call the customer service number. What a joke that was. This has been going on for months and now it has 16000 miles on it. I would think by now it would be broke in. If this problem is not fixed I am through with Ford.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #1316
Randy Dante
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellman123 View Post
I picked up my 2012 SEL in the beginning of June, and from day 1 felt exactly what you are talking about. It actual feels like the transmission is slipping - hence the shutter feel. I do see the FordcustomerService response, and I love this car and have had 3 Mustangs - I love Fords. I'm just having a tough time buying this response. Ford, you guys get this, you build transmission better then anyone on the plant, period - this is a little scary when you go to pass on the highway, pull out quick at a light etc, it really plays with your confidence in driving. I have 1600 miles, about 1200 are all stop and go highway traffic. I really love this car, the fit and finish, MySync, the look, but I'm really bummed on hearing this response. Can you guys confirm at this point, Ford is not addressing the issue, but stating to let things "wear" in. That is just puzzling no? Has anyone on this thread with an SEL or the 6spd transmission seen things get better?
Mine has 16000 on it and its getting worse. Ford needs to fix this problem but I get (it will get better). What a bummer.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #1317
Randy Dante
Focus Rookie

I need to talk to a Ford rep. Does anyone know how to get ahold of one. Dealer no help. Transmission junk. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #1318
Serengeti
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83526
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Serengeti Good Standing Member
This is really strange. Fall is approaching and this morning when I went to work the temp here was 17c/62f. I drove to post office, work etc. Not a hick-up. Last night when it was hot, the same chugging from first to second.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #1319
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
600 miles on the car and things have significantly smoothed out. So much better than when I first got the car, however I did not think that it was all that bad to begin with. So either I am getting used to it and I am not noticing the lag/shutter as much or time has cured it... we will see what its like in another 600 miles. still love car!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #1320
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raywal View Post
I had the same problem lthat everybody else talking about I'd put almost 5000 miles on my car before it went away
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3focuslater View Post
600 miles on the car and things have significantly smoothed out. So much better than when I first got the car, however I did not think that it was all that bad to begin with. So either I am getting used to it and I am not noticing the lag/shutter as much or time has cured it... we will see what its like in another 600 miles. still love car!!!!!
This means your rides are too cool for school right now, huh? Keep this link in mind when you want to save dough on routine service: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dante View Post
I have a 2012 focus with the same issues and the dealer is no help. They tell me its normal. I ask for a phone number to ford and they tell me to call the customer service number. What a joke that was. This has been going on for months and now it has 16000 miles on it. I would think by now it would be broke in. If this problem is not fixed I am through with Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dante View Post
I need to talk to a Ford rep. Does anyone know how to get ahold of one. Dealer no help. Transmission junk. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can escalate your issues to the regional Customer Service Manager; please PM me your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti View Post
This is really strange. Fall is approaching and this morning when I went to work the temp here was 17c/62f. I drove to post office, work etc. Not a hick-up. Last night when it was hot, the same chugging from first to second.
I received your PM and will respond as soon as possible. Have you driven it since this morning?

Thomas

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->